Have I maxed out my 6152E?

89mulletbird

I recently dyno'd at 518HP/580TQ with my 6152E at 22psi. The turbo doesn't seem to want to push much higher psi than this, I've got champion heads and a very free flowing intake/exhaust. The turbo is rated for 630HP so figuring 20% flywheel to wheel loss I'm maxed out.

I know this turbo is now several years old, what is the next step up from here?

You may have maxed it out on your current combo but your converter is eating up a crap load of hp and your intercooler is causing a huge pressure drop if you are only seeing 22psi with the wastegate 100% closed. I made 592whp with a 60-1. The 6152 is capable of more than the 60-1. So before i went with more turbo id go with a better converter and more intercooler. Simply switching the two will probably net 31-32psi manifold pressure from the reduced pressure drop and added loading of the better converter with no other changes. The added manifold pressure will increase mass flow through engine quite a bit as would be expected.

Thanks. I have an Art Carr 9" converter 3200 stall, not sure what is an upgrade from that. Also, I have a TTA so I believe my options are limited on the intercooler?

What about going to SD instead of MAF? I still am running the stock MAF.

Thanks. I have an Art Carr 9" converter 3200 stall, not sure what is an upgrade from that. Also, I have a TTA so I believe my options are limited on the intercooler?

Subscribed! I like your style. That's good pwr with a stock MAF.

I agree with replacing the stock maf. The converter is eating up mph more than anything

Subscribed. I'm having the same problem, but with a ta-49. The most boost I can get out of it is 21psi. No matter how much I mess with the boost controller.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Subscribed. I'm having the same problem, but with a ta-49. The most boost I can get out of it is 21psi. No matter how much I mess with the boost controller.

That's really pushing a TA-49. What intercooler/injector/converter setup do you have?

I run a front mount in my tta
There are a few options for our cars

I'm sure Bison would recommend a non-locking 9.5" PTC.

Pronto - when I race, I lock the converter when I hit 3rd gear. What brand would you recommend?

I make less power than you but I lock my 5 disc vigilante at the track all the time. Probably 250 wot locks on it now. Works great on the street too; some think it locks too hard at part throttle but I bumped up the ecm lockup mph with the chip and it's nice now. I guess I'm a lucky guy too in that my multi disc Vig doesn't rattle like some say they do.

ive gone 128mph with a 6152e .81 t4 on my v6 mustang. Laid down 601rwhp with 80# injectors, meth and 19* timing and 20psi. All this on a stock stroke 3.8. I dont think the turbo could supply anymore for the engine to eat. we saw a pretty dramatic drop in hp in upper rpms.

Pte intercooler thats at least 8 bills easy. Thats a good amount of dough. If it helps boost launching and heat soak. Then I guess I'll have fork out the money.

No way around it, going fast cost money...