Has anyone tried the ebay headers?

jrv6gn

I would like to know if anyone tried the ebay headers out? What are the pros and cons from them?

they look good, but do they fit rite and is the weld any good. Mean no leaks. Thats what i want to know.

Tidal wave, everyone take cover. Sh!ts about ready to hit the fan!!!!

Robster craws
takashi.jpg

They fit like .......wait they don't fit at all. Crossover is only about 600 miles off.:biggrin: I bought a pair to play with just to see. I wouldn't waste my time or money. I'll save you the SEARCH now. They will never, ever, never, fit right. Well unless you like bending tubing and weld.:biggrin:

To answer the thread title.....

Only people who have paid twice for a set of headers.

DONT skimp out on headers!!!! for that matter dont buy cheap parts.. you will get cheap performance.. headers are one of the biggest things on a buick.. the cheap ones crack in the seams, joints, etc.

OK TA and TR Custom Parts headers thumbs up

HEADERS STAINLESS STEEL

How about stirring this up?

I assume the same is probably true of downpipes? Are TB.com sponsor DPs good fits? How about dumps?

Now that the peanut gallery has spoken...... I have a set I bought of a board member, he had a 3-4 inch piece added in the center of the crossover. I got the heavy duty type clamps from summit because the tin ones were junk. 2000 miles by me plus whatever he drove them. No problems, bit hard to connect if your has the crossover that starts below the pass. headers by the front. Or you can buy an 800 set or buy someones rewelded stockers and get them rewelded.

These are similar to mine, but remember you'll have to had a short piece added, could probably due it with couplers.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories