Hard to shift into park and letters don't line up.

TurboSquirrel

I am having problems with the shifting lining up with the letters. Putting the vehicle into park is difficult to do too. I have to slam the shifter all the way forward and hold it for while until it catches. Also the gears behind that are not in the right spot. When it is actually in neutral the light shows it in reverse. When actually in overdrive shows it in neutral. When actually in drive shows in overdrive. Etc. But i also noticed that when it is in overdrive i can shift down into drive without pushing in the button. It seems like everything is just out of line.

If anyone has a answer to why this is happening it would be very helpful???

TurboSquirrel Out!

Cable is out of adj.
The column lock rod needs to be looked at for correct adj, too.

As said above . Make sure u have correct cable. Adjustment will take some time and make sure backup lights work.

I am having problems with the shifting lining up with the letters. Putting the vehicle into park is difficult to do too. I have to slam the shifter all the way forward and hold it for while until it catches. Also the gears behind that are not in the right spot. When it is actually in neutral the light shows it in reverse. When actually in overdrive shows it in neutral. When actually in drive shows in overdrive. Etc. But i also noticed that when it is in overdrive i can shift down into drive without pushing in the button. It seems like everything is just out of line.

TurboSquirrel Out!
There are several things that can be adjusted on this set-up and it can be a real pain in the arse if you are not familiar with it. There is not an adjustment on the cable but you do want to make sure that the small thin washer where the cable end hooks on to the trans shift lever is there i have even added extras here to take up slop, if its too loose it will eat up valuable shifter travel.......the cross linkage under the car that couples the trans shift lever to the frame of the car and also goes up to the steering column has an adjustment on it......and if you take the plate under the T shift handle off there is a plastic piece with square holes in that provides the lighting at night time I have made adjustments on this as well.......and on top of the steering column near the brake pedal is the switch that provides your park/neutral starter circuit and the reverse back up lights........so a good way to spend a saturday afternoon getting cozy with this setup as you try to get the lights the starter and the ignition lock to all play nice together

May be as simple as the retaining clip popped off under the shift plate if this just started happening. Good luck

Bryan

TurboSquirrel Out!
Like Bryan said make sure the retaining clips are still on at both ends of the shift cable. One under the shifter plate, the other on the shift cable bracket on the transmission. If all the clips are on and the outer sheath on the cable isn't broken there are two main adjustments. To center the shifter position light loosen the nut on the pin that holds the cable on the transmission shift lever, make sure the transmission shift lever on the transmission is in the neutral, then position the shift lever in the console centered over the neutral indicator then tighten the nut on the pin on the shift lever down on the transmission. Once that is done then you need to adjust the rod on the cross lever to activate the steering wheel lock. Hopefully when that is done the adjustment on the Park/Neutral switch near the base of the steering column will be ok.

Let me know if you decide you need a clip I ordered what I thought was one and got a whole package of em.