Left Rear Wheel Locked Up

Buicksforever

1987 GN has been sitting for sometime. Engine does not run. I need to move it, but the drive train seems to be locked up. I jacked it up and the left rear wheel does not rotate. The right rear wheel does rotate. There is not a battery in car. The shifter goes through the gears and the linkage moves in relation to shifter going from park to reverse to neutral to drive. Could the parking pawl be the problem and if so could it be because the car has no electrical power?

Probably a seized up brake drum or possibly park brake.

The wheel would still rotate a few degrees if the trans was stuck in park, which is far less likely.

Probably a seized up brake drum or possibly park brake.

The wheel would still rotate a few degrees if the trans was stuck in park, which is far less likely.
Thanks for your reply. You are correct. When I jacked up the car and turned the passenger side rear tire it rotated and the drive shaft turned. So now I think I have narrowed it down to stuck brake shoes or parking brake. However, now I. Annot get the brake drum off so I guess it is time for another post.

Thanks for your reply. You are correct. When I jacked up the car and turned the passenger side rear tire it rotated and the drive shaft turned. So now I think I have narrowed it down to stuck brake shoes or parking brake. However, now I. Annot get the brake drum off so I guess it is time for another post.
Suggest you stay with your original thread.
No need to clutter the forum with repeats...
Thanks