No manual 2nd gear.

Miraged

I have this weird problem. My transmission shifts fine if you leave it in drive or overdrive...goes through all the gears and downshifts when you floor it. The issue is if your in drive and manually shift down into second gear...it won't downshift into second gear unless your floor it...but the moment you let off the gas pedal it goes back into third gear right away. Also if your in first gear and shift up into second gear manually, it will stay in first and never shift into second. Shifting into drive from first will make a 1st to 3rd shift. I have had three transmission guys look at it and they all say it looks fine. Any info and ideas on this would be helpful. This happened right after a got an overhaul kit and new seals done on my car (transmission fluid was leaking from pan and from back seal).

No telling what happened to your trans when someone got in there. Be happy if you still have your brf components. I'd be taking it to whoever did this "overhaul" kit and ask why it is doing what you don't like . Or you can do some learning and take some trans fluid baths and do some new vb gaskets and make sure the check balls are up in there.

I've had appointment with other gurus but they all cancelled on me. I don't have a BRF valve body but do have a BQ valve body (1984 Buick). I had the transmission completely taken apart and put together...still does the same thing...been in the shop 2 months...if I ever find a solution I will post it...

Doesn't sound like you have been dealing with gurus. Does sound like you have a problem. Might have to step up your game, pull that trans and send it to someone who does these transmissions and is actually good at it.

Doesn't sound like you have been dealing with gurus. Does sound like you have a problem. Might have to step up your game, pull that trans and send it to someone who does these transmissions and is actually good at it.
Update...Direct Drum cracked in 4 places...new intermediate band down to metal...Never seen a direct drum crack like this...

Attachments

• 12226.jpeg
    12226.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 12227.jpeg
    12227.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 80
If that band had no clutch left it was probably set up too tight , drug the clutch off , over heated and cracked that drum .