Hagerty Insurance

mat231v6

painter
does any one have Hagerty? what do you think of it? i want to switch but the quote is 1/2 of what i am paying now so i am a little worried about it being a good company. has anyone heard anything bad about them?

Dont they have a lot of rules about when and where you can drive YOUR car?

If you are in Ohio you can talk to Brad Conley he is an authorized Hagerty provider!

Dont they have a lot of rules about when and where you can drive YOUR car?
hello; Yes they have a few rules. Can't drive it to work is one that made me give it up. Give them a call and see.
IBBY

hello; Yes they have a few rules. Can't drive it to work is one that made me give it up. Give them a call and see.
IBBY
How do they know if your driving to work or driving to the grocery store? Is it just based on an honor system?

the guy told me about the rules that you cant drive it to work unless there is a car show after work. you also have to keep the car in the garage. anyone put a claim in?

I've put in a claim with Hagerty.

They provided some of the best customer service I've ever experienced.

Also, the driving to work thing is just to discourage using a car as a daily driver while they insure it as a "classic".

Call them, ask lots of questions. They're good people.

If you are at work and someone steals the car I guess they would know it was at your work? I am glad you have had great customer service with them, I was a little scared away from them when I talked to them and the phone and was told I could not drive it unless it was to a show or event. They told me no pleasure driving, no driving to work, no quick stops going to or fro an event. I called the other classic car insurance and went with them instead, Grundy.

Sounds to me like there's a damn good reason their premiums are so cheap... they don't let you drive your own F^CKING car and enjoy it.:rolleyes:

Obviously the car is wayyy less likely to be damaged or stolen if it sits in a locked garage 360 outa 365 days/year. Screw that, I'll pay more to my local guy and enjoy my car.

Sounds to me like there's a damn good reason their premiums are so cheap... they don't let you drive your own F^CKING car and enjoy it.:rolleyes:

Obviously the car is wayyy less likely to be damaged or stolen if it sits in a locked garage 360 outa 365 days/year. Screw that, I'll pay more to my local guy and enjoy my car.
Grundy offers the same quality insurance and lets you drive it. THe only requirement is that every driver in the household has a daily driver and that the car is store in a garage. I drive mine to work and anywhere I feel like. I have 30,000 coverage for aroudn 300 a year if I remember correctly. Also have 15,000 on the wife's stingray for a little less money as mine.

Pretty sure Grundy discourages driving it to work, hope it doesn't disappear from there.

Do a search this topic has come up before, I have had my Judge insured with the since day 1 over 14 yrs now, never filed a claim but they do let you drive your car just not to work or to run errands ie grocery store etc. Most collector cars insurance does not allow you to run errands or go to work with the car

Hagerty here...On my 55. Agreed value, [$50K], towing, roadside services, spare parts, comprehensive, uninsured motorist, yadda, yadda....$450/yr.
I got no BS about restrictions on use, other than the std, such as locked garage when home, no daily driver, have another vehicle licensed and insured in my name.

Yes, I am a Hagerty agent in Ohio. There are NO RULES about you driving your collector car to work. Do they want you to do that every day? No, they don't and that is why they require you to have a "daily driver" car insured in your name or a company car provided to you by your employer. You can drive your car as much as you wish with Hagerty, so lets put that falsehood to rest. Drive your car.

I have had a couple of claims with my clients and the service, as noted above, is beyond your wildest dreams. They really are that good. They are not the cheapest out there but are the best!

If anyone has questions, I would be more than glad to answer either in this thread, via PM or by phone (937-642-2026 is work number).

If you are at work and someone steals the car I guess they would know it was at your work? I am glad you have had great customer service with them, I was a little scared away from them when I talked to them and the phone and was told I could not drive it unless it was to a show or event. They told me no pleasure driving, no driving to work, no quick stops going to or fro an event. I called the other classic car insurance and went with them instead, Grundy.

I drive my collector cars when and where I want to without worry. The person you spoke with was misinformed.