guidence needed

dks429

new turbo owner/ 81turboregal sportcoupe. a buddy needed cash insted of a loan i bought his regal hood wouldnt even open 1/4 rusted $500 good deal,my problem is oil/choke light was always comming on now lifters are noisey.i like the car so much i got another one primed with no motor.can i remove the turbo and pipes, swap intakes,and make it a n/a with no problems i would like to build up a 4.1 for the other one using my parts. i did read n/a to turbo on before black site A+ site. worryed about ccc,ecm/emmisions i must have 60feet of hose under there.learning slowly i am in it for good now.///dks429@yahoo.ca///any advice will be a big help

If the 3.8 has noisey lifters, it might not be worth converting. For the cost of the NA intake, carb and such, you might be able to buy a complete motor from a junkyard. 3.8 NA's are as commom as 305 Chevys.

The 3.8 Turbo stuff will work great with the 4.1. Just make sure the ECM and wiring follow the motor. Without them, you will loose the Electronic Spark Control system (knock retard).

The '81 Sport Coupe will have a 350 trans and might have a 3.08 rear. The NA Regal will likely have weeker trans and a 2.41 (if they are still in the car). I would do the 4.1 Turbo swap to the new body. Then see if the '81 is worth converting to NA.