GS Nats TAI update thread 10.16.14

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
Well...... Officially qualifying starts tomorrow so SloGn and myself had some match racing going on. I ran 14.5 to Pat's 14.2 in the 1/4 mile... We are ready for qualifying tomorrow. For anyone that has followed the "tire break in" thread I wanted to make sure that JD knew that the tires were broken in properly..
20141016_113430.jpg

Qualifying will start tomorrow and after 1st round I will post up the qualifying order.... JD of course has been thrashing on his car since Wed morning trying to get it to even start!! LOL
Til tomorrow!!;)

Post up guys & gals

So if he doesn't get it to start by his turn to go make a qualifying pass, does that mean he may be asked to take pictures and video of the action from the side lines?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Poor JD, hope he at least gets to make a qual pass before he has to watch everyone else rip down the track from the sidelines.

After round 1:
20141017_161347.jpg

The Florida boys have taken 1,2, & 3 after first round...Of course JD had to go be #1 Qualifier (He would cried otherwise). There will be 1 more round of Qual in the AM and then the slaughter begins at high noon..:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Well, I qualified 4 th out of 9 pedaling the car due to blowing the tires off before the 60' mark.....the 5 below me will be moving up in the ladder in the am...

I hope to get my issue fixed in the am because it is nowhere near enough for the competition here.

Should be fun tomorrow !!

Bryan

Bryan,
What tire and tire psi are you running?

275/60/15 MT DR @ 18psi on a factory GN rim. The car is taking the hit well but unloading...look at my MPH for the time I ran

Bryan

MPH looks good. You should be in the 6s. Was the track prep not that great? Have everyone chip in twenty bucks to slip the guy at the starting line a C note to do a good track prep.;) If that doesn't work, give him a fun meter and tell him that Spoolfool told him to get his chit together.:p

Well, I qualified 4 th out of 9 pedaling the car due to blowing the tires off before the 60' mark.....the 5 below me will be moving up in the ladder in the am...

I hope to get my issue fixed in the am because it is nowhere near enough for the competition here.

Should be fun tomorrow !!

Bryan
I was getting ready to PM you....lol Was wondering if the Chicken sacrifice was working.
Good Luck B.

The track came and went...but the car is just dropping the nose back down too quickly and unloading the weight transfer.
The car went 6.91 @ 103 in 2010 on 21 psi with a zero boost launch, the car feels stronger than then but I can't plant it. Going to play with the upper control arms and see if it helps

Bryan

At this point, I wouldn't go making big changes to the control arm geometry. Especially if you usually get good short times. You might try getting the phone number of that cute waitress from last night. Set her up with the guy at the line that sprays the VHT (traction compound) . When he sees your car pull up, you should get a good track prep. If she blue balls him, and his fun meter is at "Min", just tell him that it was all JDs idea and that he should spray grease under his tires at the line as pay back. Either way, you've as good as got it won...:D

Spoolfool's ideas sound like good ones, you wouldnt need to have the track prepper put grease under jd's tires though. All you gotta do is get someone to put some air back in the back tires and it'll take alittle traction away to even it up alittle. Could have a cute waitress distract jd at the staging lights or make him run street radials to even it up alittle.

At this point, I wouldn't go making big changes to the control arm geometry. Especially if you usually get good short times. You might try getting the phone number of that cute waitress from last night. Set her up with the guy at the line that sprays the VHT (traction compound) . When he sees your car pull up, you should get a good track prep. If she blue balls him, and his fun meter is at "Min", just tell him that it was all JDs idea and that he should spray grease under his tires at the line as pay back. Either way, you've as good as got it won...:D

I changed the geometry to get my pinion angle set in August after the new transmission went in. It was at +5* , now -3* , evidently I should have left it alone....

Great ideas though Mike ! I like the way you think.

Bryan