Green ice under my car. can't be good

play by play
I haven't looked at where its coming from i am hoping that its a hose or something but not the engine.
this has to be a kick in the balls worst part is that its self inflicted.
ok
Back to work

If its noticable under car mid motor id worry but if its near rad and overflow might not be bad..

Ck your freeze plugs
Mine popped out above the starter
Because I did not add antifreeze
!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I had such a melt down (pun intended) that i didn't even try to find out where its coming from.
But from a quick look under the car. its on the pass side towards the firewall.
and yes it had antifreeze thats why its green i even checked it about a month and a half ago to make sure it was good. I guess i must have added water at some point and just don't remember ????

Might not be a bad idea to run an extension cord with a 100watt light bulb, flood light or some other kind of heat source for under the hood.

Dave, if it is under the pass side firewall what does that mean? If you have seen antifreeze on floor, what does it mean, why so bad??? May be no big deal... But I guess I am not that informed... Hope its nothing

Literally just went through this!!! Just walked back into the house from the garage. There were ice slushie in my radiator top. Got lucky because I did not pop a freeze plug. Started the car up to thaw it. Been a while, (car sounded absolutely amazing!) and did add some 100% antifreeze.

Dave, if it is under the pass side firewall what does that mean? If you have seen antifreeze on floor, what does it mean, why so bad??? May be no big deal... But I guess I am not that informed... Hope its nothing
The frozen antifreeze under the car means that the antifreeze wasn't strong enough to protect the motor from freezing, it also means that something froze and broke which is why its on the floor.
My guess is that i have giant paper weight under my hood. With my luck the block cracked right next to a freeze-out plug. Lucky me that JB weld comes in big tubes

sounds like the heater core??? If you just put in antifreeze for winter and did not run the heater afterwards maybe?

Might not be a bad idea to run an extension cord with a 100watt light bulb, flood light or some other kind of heat source for under the hood.

This crap even has me scared.
I run about 20-30% Glycol.
I put my little under desk heater in the engine bay just for peace of mind.
It's ridiculous.

sounds like the heater core??? If you just put in antifreeze for winter and did not run the heater afterwards maybe?
I drove the car A LOT after i checked the mix.

I'll be back in a few i am going to open the hood fire it up and look around.
Wish me luck.

Any ice under a turbo buick is not a good thing

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Just a question, What if you stored the car for the winter? Do you have to worry about this?

Gambling here in CT, just distilled water with RMI-25 but have a heated garage, just worry about power failures but so far so good for years now.

OK as of right now i hate this car. now that i got that out of my system.
I just played with this thing for about an hour and half.
When i removed the radiator cap all i saw was green slush.
I still turned ON the car, with the cap off and watched the slush melt, The car's fan cycled a few times Temp never made it passed 169*.
I then turned the car off and drained about a Gal and a half of what ever is in there and filled it with a Gal of pure antifreeze then topped it off with the junk that i just drained.
The car was ON for at least and hour, the fan cycled a bunch of times and NOT a single drop of antifreeze I even played with the throttle to purge and try to create some extra heat but still not a drop.
I started to get happy BUT the carpet in the car is dry (fck) the heat lines and connections are dry (sht)
and the cross-over pipe had a few drops of antifreeze on it before i touched anything.
the spot on the floor is about 3 inches forward of the trans pan and about another 3 inches further to the pass side than the trans pan.
My wishful guess is a slightly leaking freeze-out plug or a hair line crack on the block.
What do you guys think.
BTW i have a sample of what was in the radiator i'll test that tomorrow and let you know what level was in there.