Green ice under my car. can't be good

Could this be the first instance of a TR healing itself? If so, maybe it has something to do with cross breeding a TR with a Camaro?

Last edited:
All jokes aside these cars are good about giving warning shots.

I think that's part of the arrogance/asshole thing.... they give the warning shot and if you ignore it, YOU'RE FUCKED!!

Yeah - I don't believe in coincidences either.
It's not a good habit to shrug that type of crap off.
He sounds like he's looked and looked - and come up empty so far.
But that crap didn't appear from in the ground.
There is surely an explanation for it.

I am definitely NOT going to ignore this as i like to drive this car and not just a short trip to the gas station i put A LOT of miles on it plus if the block is toast i don't want to overheat it and damage everything else.
On Wednesday i am going to pick up the tester (pressurizer thing) and use that to try and chase this down.

John is right, a dye kit works. Got mine at NAPA includes dye, glasses, pencil light. That is if it is still leaking. Pull the dust cover on the bell to double check all possibilities. Look between the flex plate and the block for any signs of leakage. Good luck.

I was on a trip last summer and when we stopped for gas my passenger noticed an antifreeze puddle under the passenger side by the heater core.

I looked all over and couldn't find the leak. The coolant temp was 165 deg. I turned the heat on and off, nothing. Started pulling on hoses and found it only leaked when the hose was moved so either from vibration or pulling on it. It was the heater hose without the valve in it. Drove the car 8 miles to an Autozone and it didn't leak a drop on the way but touch the hose it was a different story and the split wasn't particularly small either. I never knew a hose could have an intermittent leak before.:wtf:

Working on the car last week I was replacing all my vacuum lines and check valves( 2 of which were intermittent) and checking all my hoses and putting in a 180 deg. tstat when I found the S hose had a split in it and it wasn't leaking either until I moved it.

I'm doing a thorough check of ALL my hoses at least twice a year now.

I hope you find it's something simple.

popped the hood on my truck today to see if the coolant was still liquid- it is, but the air temp at the time was -27, so why not check it, right?.. there was a small trickle of coolant that was running down the thermostat housing from around the radiator hose.. when things get this cold, aluminum contracts, rubber hardens, coolant expands, and leaks happen... if i was to start it up, it wouldn't leak and would hold pressure once it got some heat in it.

so don't worry about it unless you have a reason to worry about it..

I was on a trip last summer and when we stopped for gas my passenger noticed an antifreeze puddle under the passenger side by the heater core.

I looked all over and couldn't find the leak. The coolant temp was 165 deg. I turned the heat on and off, nothing. Started pulling on hoses and found it only leaked when the hose was moved so either from vibration or pulling on it. It was the heater hose without the valve in it. Drove the car 8 miles to an Autozone and it didn't leak a drop on the way but touch the hose it was a different story and the split wasn't particularly small either. I never knew a hose could have an intermittent leak before.:wtf:

Working on the car last week I was replacing all my vacuum lines and check valves( 2 of which were intermittent) and checking all my hoses and putting in a 180 deg. tstat when I found the S hose had a split in it and it wasn't leaking either until I moved it.

I'm doing a thorough check of ALL my hoses at least twice a year now.

I hope you find it's something simple.

And the motor mounts! :D

As we know it got ugly out with a temp of 5*.
and yeahh it leaked again this time with full strength (-34) Antifreeze.
I know the damage is done (could have been done) Or like a good friend keeps telling me "its shrinkage" and not to worry about it since it doesn't leak while the engine is hot and pressurized.

Anyway I could not find my Dads tester last night, I am going back this weekend to look for it again Yeaup i worry about dumb shit.

It's always a good idea to remind the machines who's boss. Sometimes tough love is in order.
The Boss is the one that makes the other one dig into their own pockets. Guess what this block doesn't have any pockets :mad: Already making plans for the next build. :arghh:

going to beat the sht out of it if it doesn't rain Sunday morning.
And Yes i will have my AAA car with me.

Or - you could start it up, and run it around the neighborhood for a while, at a reasonable pace, and check what's what.
Then let it cool down and do a pressure test.
Ya know - a little more respectful than - beating the shit out of it. ;)
Besides - you will see the same thing whether you flog it like a Kentucky Derby looser, or run it like a normal TR. Once the temps come up, and you flex around a couple times, you either do or you don't - have a leak.

I have to assume this car is kept outside if it continues to be exposed to sub zero temperatures?
Now if so, I hate to say it - but you're already beating the shit out of it.
If not - you have one cold garage and need a space heater in the worst way.

or just not start it and not worry about it until it's time to bring the car out from hibernation in the spring..
i know it's hard to believe, but millions and millions of cars survive thru cold winters without the benefit of a shelter of any kind..