Grand national with door trim?

What about the Limiteds and the regular Turbo Regals, the color matched side molding option were they riveted?

I'm no expert on them I just know what came on WO2 black out trim cars.

Mine are definatley rivited,i guess they were a dealer installed item,i cant wait till i repaint my car,they are coming off!!!

Riveted or stick on, those things may look ugly but actually work decently.

Especially at Walmart. :eek:o_O

I actually like em. ;)

Attachments

• image-1374016775.jpg
    image-1374016775.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 113
I won't beat on that, I have the body side molding and I still have a few dents from idots who don't know how to park or open door slowly.

I won't beat on that, I have the body side molding and I still have a few dents from idots who don't know how to park or open door slowly.
I hate parking 10,000 spots away only to come out and find some morons rusted pos 8" from your door

OK here's the scoop. The factory installed body side moldings were glued on. Dealer installed are riveted on. You can check your SPID label to see if you have or have had the factory moldings. The all black moldings for the GN,WH1 and WE4 are RPO B88. This option was not available on the GNX. The chrome edged with color insert used on the non-GN are RPO B84. You will see a lot of riveted moldings out there. There was more profit in it for a dealer to install them instead of ordering them with the car from the factory.

Working at a Buick dealer back then, we had a molding guy come in every Wednesday, he would do riveted and stick on and tape pin striping, he would do 20-30 cars, mostly run of the mill regals and cutlass's, some GN's

My '87 GN has them, as well as the B88 code. I kind of like them ..... But I'm also kind of a dork.....