Grand National - Barn Find 1,600 miles

I should have my buddy post a few photos Monday late afternoon maybe I took about 20 photos it does not have a tweed interior. From what I know about notchbacks (had a few back when they were fairly new) interiors were on the cheap side. This cloth interior is real nice no stains no problems very clean interior even ash tray lid functions as I know they break alot.

tis it for now.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban update 12-19-2011

The Mustang notchback has sold already buyer wired money directly to the sellers bank....buyer was her a few days ago and saw the cvar when he was picking up two cars I have stored her for him.

On the Firehawk Formula that is still available and the new lower price is $20,900. This car needs to find a home..remember this car only has 400 miles on it.

deniskirban@yahoo.com

$11,500 for that notch was a steal. Clean notchbacks are very sought after cars. Great buy if you ask me.

Just a quick note car sold for just under 10 grand as it sat.....I agree they are tough to find but with a so-so economy its holiday season all has its affect....it was a fair deal all around.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

That sounds like a more than fair deal if you ask me. Should have put that one up on Ebay. I bet you would have had no trouble at all getting the asking price or more. Nice clean original notchbacks are far and few in between. You just don't see them anymore. Not many people bought the cheapest V8 Mustang available and stored it for 20 + years hoping to turn a profit. You just do not see any stock low mileage notchbacks out there anymore. When you do, prices are ridiculous, like $20K plus, which is 93 Cobra territory.

P.S. That dark grey color is VERY rare on the notch and one of my personal favorites.

That sounds like a more than fair deal if you ask me. Should have put that one up on Ebay. I bet you would have had no trouble at all getting the asking price or more. Nice clean original notchbacks are far and few in between. You just don't see them anymore. Not many people bought the cheapest V8 Mustang available and stored it for 20 + years hoping to turn a profit. You just do not see any stock low mileage notchbacks out there anymore. When you do, prices are ridiculous, like $20K plus, which is 93 Cobra territory.

P.S. That dark grey color is VERY rare on the notch and one of my personal favorites.

I agree color is rare personally don;t like that color....the seller special ordered it way back when one unusual feature is it had the factory ford engine block heater which does work as I tried it..

price it sold with gives the buyer money to invest in it and make it rite as tires are age cracked in the tread, al lthe fluids need to be dr ained...car needs to be aired out.

I owned a few notchbacks in the late 1990s neat cars for sure....used them to make al the mustang parts we make including the bullet style regulator that we also get made for the Buicks....sold thousands of the mustang ones....

meantime the notchback sits just a few feet from my turbo buick in the building...

merry christmas readers.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban update

Typhoon was brought to my house today. Along with another vehicle a Riveria sueprcharged model. Not sure what year iI think its a 1995. Will know better tomorrow in the light. I should know as I had a 1997.

First, the person that bought the notchback Mustang has first dibs on the Typhoon and knows I need a decision as quick as possible once I get some photos and a price from my seller.

The typhoon has the original window sticker and shows 1,226 actual miles. The Riv was used up to 2005 and I think I am not sure has around 29,000 actual miles. Not that the Riv is anything special but both are for sale once I know the buyer of the notchback takes a pass. He wants to make a deal for both vehicles obviousily a package deal works well when it comes to transporting them to his home state.

Point being we are closer to the end result at this point. The Typhoon is blue may be blue with grey base again not sure since its nite time. Not being an expert on production but my guess is blue is a fairly rare color. Syclones I am more familar with.

The Firebird SLP car is also still available. A workable $20,900 to own a 400 mile example. That price is not etched in stone as I am sure seller would work with interested party. That body and paint on the SLP car is absolutely perfect.

Quick glance I think the Typhoon will clean up nicely...1,226 actual miles....again not here to pass judgment as to why these were allowed to sit....now available for a new home.

On another note we will be offering for sale the solution that was used to remove the rust from the 1,600 GN barn find. Available in gallon size and dropped shipped. Stuff is nothing short of mazing same stuff they use to do the New York tunnels. No smell no smell no toxic odors. I know photos of what it can do have been posted on this forum and that rust on that 1,600 mile GN was deep. We all know Buick never even got any kind of paint or protective coating close to the rear end housing on those cars!

Watch for updates...

Appreciate the vast interest....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

any blue typhoon is rare, if it is a light blue 92 its even more rare its called aspen blue

I will look as the window sticker is on the front seat as to the technical name for the color. Perhaps someone knows production numbers for the various colors?

I was always amazed a neat looking truck like the Syclone yet when it came to the wheels even when new they looked dull or just plain ugly again my opinion....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

less than 30 aspen blue it was 92 only, quick way to tell if it is a 92 is it has typhoon in the headrest

less than 30 aspen blue it was 92 only, quick way to tell if it is a 92 is it has typhoon in the headrest

I will check tomorrow am it has black leather interior...it was bought at Kerbeck in NJ which if they are not the largest Corvette dealer in the USa they are close to the top in sales.

Wow could be a fairly rare example...I know the color looks close to the blue on my ford explorer which is a wedgewood blue

will post my findings.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

subscribed.cant wait for the typhoon pics.i have one of the ultra rare black ones.i have never seen a blue one

KIRBAN UPDATE

I am waiting on the owner to get prices on the Riv and the Thypoon. Also the individual that has first shot at them haas to decide once he has the prices. I should be able to get photos up next week I need a day of 45 plus weather to wash trhem.

The Typhoon is a 1993 model and I have the window sticker most of the options were standard however this shows 2 options am/fm cassette with eq and grrey trim so the two tone affect must have been an option. listed out at $30,101

The truck is a nice shade of like a lite blue with black leather interior. Assuming VIN numbers run like my Syclone this would be number 1,424 built. (Been nice had Buick done something like this on the Turbo cars as far as numbering them).

Not trying to build suspense but unfortunately this is not my main thing I do.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

thats cool so its dark blue, 1993 had 2 options a cd player and a roof rack thats it,. must be a nice looking ty blue/gray with no rack

93Ty1955_01.jpg

Does it look like this? This is a 1993 Royal Blue (with non-stock wheels).

The last four digits do not represent the production "number" of the vehicle as they were not produced sequentially (in other words, many numbers are skipped) because they were pulled randomly from the line to be converted by PAS. But, it is a good way to track trucks as it represents a unique truck number.