Grand National - Barn Find 1,600 miles

93Ty1955_01.jpg

Does it look like this? This is a 1993 Royal Blue (with non-stock wheels).

The last four digits do not represent the production "number" of the vehicle as they were not produced sequentially (in other words, many numbers are skipped) because they were pulled randomly from the line to be converted by PAS. But, it is a good way to track trucks as it represents a unique truck number.

Appreciate the info....as far as VIN numebrs go I think the Syclone followed the system pretty much exact...I owned one of 2 they used for all the magazine writers and was the cover truck on car & driver....got it rite from GMC headquarters with 9,000 miles on it....got tour of PAS back then also....wife drove it for 2 years tag rad zrl klr

any rate....your photo is alittle dark but I would say color is the same kinda like a wedgewood blue does have the grey bottom portion.

Will be posting price the seller wants tonite sometime...

I may have paperwork stating which number truck it is if its not exact match to VIN....probably close I would think.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

the vin is pretty close I have 2197 its the last black one sold to the open market, they didnt skip any numbers. they just werent made in the exact order

the vin is pretty close I have 2197 its the last black one sold to the open market, they didnt skip any numbers. they just werent made in the exact order

Thank you...I phrased it incorrectly. This is correct.

I remember Eileen's truck and when i bought my first, you were the one who told me to leave the windows open a bit when closing (when possible) because of the air-tight nature of the cab. Its easier to close the door when the air can escape!!

Yes, the photo is a bit dark...the blue is a bit lighter than that in the light. The only solid color Typhoons that were available in 93 were red/red, white/white, and black/black. Other colors (black, apple red, forest green, royal blue, garnet red [marroon]) came with grey cladding.

Barn find

Tell the Guy im gonna bust out a shopping bag with 15k and ill take it home or sell me your white t

Few tips for any Syclone Owners based on what I had done to ours way way back in 1992-93. My son fabricated a L88 Hood scoop on it and I had made small Syclone decals for the scoop.

We installed the later mirrors which were smaller...

The Hurst quarter stick fit very nicely in the factory shifter boot.

I was told it couldn't be done but my local Midas guy split the exhaust so eacdh exited out the back rather than two side by side. Keeping the spare in place.

Last but not least my son made a fiberglass stock appearing tail gate eliminated the latch made it remote control.

Not sure if GMC tampered with the engine since it was tested by magazines for articles but the truck always ran quite strong. I sold it to a guy in Indiana who resold it years later and last I heard it was in Texas. Where it resides today I have no idea. It was an every day truck for my wife to drive for two years.

My wife did break the inside door handle as it was air tight one issue no turbo owner will ever have to worry about...that is having an air tight Buick....

My white Turbo-T is not for sale. Not sure how that rumor started several weeks ago but it is hibernating for the winter. sporting 100% original paint.
Weird thing is I bought it maybe 5 years ago when I was still selling turbo cars and no one wanted to give me $12 grand for it. Car was 100% stock
never undercoated with window sticker all original paint. In other words show worthy as it sat.

Perhaps someone reading this may know the production figures for the blue and grey typhoons for 1993. Be nice to know how rare this one is.
The owner has given me a price to put on the truck.

he is seeking $18,950.00

I will not have photos til sometime next week waiting for a break in the weather to wash it.

The person that bought the Mustang is trying to work a deal for the truck and the Riviera.....if a deal is not struck then truck and Riv will be for sale.

The Riv is $2,950.00

The Riv was the sellers Moms car always pampered. Has we think 27,000 or 29,00 miles. Been parked and asleep since 2005. Actually its the youngster in the group of cars that were put into hibernation.

Its fully loaded supercharged sunroof leather etc burgundy on burgundy. Its a 1995 model. It has no brakes so it would have to be transported.

I will post photos next week and keep readers advised if current interested party can't work out a deal with my seller.

The Typhoon does not have any roof rack nor was front bumper drilled for a stupid license plate. I hate that on cars lucky for us PA did something rite no front plates. Ask any C6 Vette owner what they think about front plates.

tis it for now.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

F I sold it to a guy in Indiana who resold it years later and last I heard it was in Texas. Where it resides today I have no idea. It was an every day truck for my wife to drive for two years.

Perhaps someone reading this may know the production figures for the blue and grey typhoons for 1993. Be nice to know how rare this one is.
The owner has given me a price to put on the truck.

What was your Sy truck #? With that info, I might be able to tell you where it is now. Or if you have the VIN, I could get a carfax. (you can email it to me...same as screen name at yahoo.)

Production numbers for colors has always been a bit of a mystery in the SyTy world as good documentation does not exist, however it is estimated that 30-50 Royal Blues were produced. Blue and Garnet red are the two rarest colors for 93's. (There are two raspberry [purplish] and another color but those colors never went into full production)

Kirban again

appreciate the possible count on blue 1993 models....I did not figure many were produced....unless I am not seeing it as I have the original window sticker they do not list a color only option was for the grey trim. We got like 6 inches of snow so truck is kinda covered rite now. Weather may hit 55 on Monday if so I can get photos.

As for my Syclone going by memory it was either #009 or #016 Problem is when we moved 6 years ago from sugerbottom road I have my stuff in various boxes I have most of the records of VIN numbers on the 300 plus Buicks I sold and hopefully in there reside the Syclone info. If a member has a fiberglass tailgae and a Hurst quarter stick in it see what that VIN number is.... I have proof somewhere from GMC that it was the cover truck on Car and Driver..

When I got my truck at GMCV headquarters I rmember seeing checks from Randy Travis and Tom Cruise and Clint Eastwood.....as they all got trucks......
Can't picture Clint driving one as he is so tall as leg room is quite limited in those trucks....

Looking back I should have taken photos etc when I was up there as it was pretty neat....to own a piece of history....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On the Typhoon it has a big hard copy sheet saying this is number 1424 of 2200 He may have gotten this from the dealer. So that is what I am going by as far as production goes....truck does have a thin painted tan like pinstripe matches the logo decals on the doors....again not an expert although I did sell 1 or 2 years ago...and I have sold I think 2 or 3 other Syclones back in the day.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Interesting about the pinstripe. That would have been a dealer-installed (applied) item. My truck had a funky 90's graphic on it...not sure if it was sold like that from the dealer or if the first owner put it on:
TyphoonEarly.jpg

I'll see what I come up with on the Syclone. If it was the cover truck, it shouldn't be hard to track down.

Lots of celebrities have owned Sys and Tys. Recently, Jay Leno featured his in his garage video:
Jay Leno's Garage - 1991 GMC Syclone Pickup Truck | Trucks

I honestly don't know how he got his giant head in that truck. Plus, he's a bit tall. :)

kirban again

its avery thin stripe same dead on color as the decals on the door.....look tasteful...

I do have original brochure and it lists the color blue....with the truck

weird it don;'t list color on the window sticker unless its so faded I can't read it.

the wheels were ugly when truck was new and look worse today from sitting...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Special thanz to Mr AMC Guy for posting.

I gave the Typhoon a quick sponge bath Sunday here are the first photos. The blue paint portion is very very nice. The base grey trim would need to be redone in my opinion.

I am still waiting on first person who has dibs to see if a deal can be struck for this and the 1995 Riviera.

Got hit with 5 inches of snow the day before photos were taken.

denniskriban@yahoo.com

1327365715.jpg

1327365711.jpg

kirban once again

The color really is a pretty color and looks good just giving it a sponge bath obviousily it was raining when I shot these few photos. I have yet to do the interior etc...and may not get to it for another week. Truck does have a window sticker and all the glove box books....

The Riv is equally as nice and has a nice twin painted pinstripe down the side. Again once we determine if the lst person passes on both these will be for sale.

Unfortunately my time to commit to these vehicles is limited as I have a Memorial service to prepare for this coming weekend with many relatives flying in from the west coast and Florida.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

im in philly ,would love to see pics of the typhoon. there is a garage in philly at franford and belgrade that had a typhoon and a syclone in the same paint sceme the two tone blue and silver and the guy would rent them out for the weekend. i dont know what he charged but i did see both trucks there. couldnt get the guy to sell em @all. by the way dennis where is your shop down here in philly or the surounding counties????? can you give me an adress please?:confused:

im in philly ,would love to see pics of the typhoon. there is a garage in philly at franford and belgrade that had a typhoon and a syclone in the same paint sceme the two tone blue and silver and the guy would rent them out for the weekend. i dont know what he charged but i did see both trucks there. couldnt get the guy to sell em @all. by the way dennis where is your shop down here in philly or the surounding counties????? can you give me an adress please?:confused:

Both Typhoon and Riv have been sold at least a deposit has been worked out to hold both vehicles at this time. Our shop is in Plumsetadville just north of Doylestown, PA. However vehicles are not at our shop....SHop is where we hold our Open Houses in the spring and fall. I woul dguess its about 25 miles north of Philadelphia area...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban's inner circle just came out and it still lists the formula for sale. I think it's listed at $20,900
Kirban's Inner Circle?? - I like it! How does an old Mopar guy get on that list?? I'm looking for some clean low miles cars for a collection...