Grand National - Barn Find 1,600 miles

kirban latest update thursday 11-10-11

the Formula firehawk is now at my house.....first time it has seen sunlite since late 2002.

It is a 2002 Firehawk SLP formula red exterior black leather interior. both window stickers are still in perfect shape attached to passenger door window, the cardboard temp tag from dealership in Virginia is still on the back of the car. The caution label about airbags and kids is still dangling from the dash!

In the the trunk still never opened is the box from SLP containing all the added accessories with a list attached to the box which includes floor mats key fobs etc....

Car was in the same building as the GN was. Mileage is about 400 total. I will get my buddy to post photos showing how it sits prior to any cleaning. It is not as bad as the GN was actually alot better based on a quick look this am before going to work.

Car is rare. I have yet to nail down a price from the seller as it has to be realistic so it sells prior to winter coming.

Again not a turbo regal part part of the collection from the same owner.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Car reminds me of the 2004 CTS V car I found few years ago for Richard Clark that car only had 90 miles on it with the original gas still in the tank. Fortunately that only sat a few years.

Thanz...to Mr AMC Guy for posting these group of the very first photos of this rare Firehawk seeing the sunlite for the first time since 2003. This car shared the same building as the GN we listed here and sold. It served less time so its in better shape. Not many of these cars were produced by SLP. I do not have a price from the seller as of yet.

1320975865.jpg

1320975854.jpg

1320975863.jpg

1320975861.jpg

1320975858.jpg

1320975807.jpg

1320975805.jpg

1320975802.jpg

1320975799.jpg

Kirban update

With nice weather this weekend I cleaned up this ultra rare SLP car...a good wash and the body is absolutely perfect not a scrtach not a stain anywhere on the body. door jams etc all like new. The paint is still smooth to the touch. Interior came up almost as nice no real issues anywhere. Even under the hood. I wil have Mr AMC post photos soon.

On another forum I am on someone researched the SLP cars. This one is very rare. Most were the TAs in 2002 in red on the formula model just 25 where made of which 17 where 6-speeds like this example is. I got all the paper work heck even the stock number tag is stil on the windshield. Car was one of the last SLP formulas sold came out of Virginia. basically with 400 miles 1/2 of the 400 miles must have taken place driving the car home to PA.

In my opinion here is what it will need: all systems of fluid flushed thoroughily, new battery obviousily, rotors cut, and for appearances replace the 4 chrome rims, and for safety sake all 4 tires. Fortunately the chrome wheels are not something that is unique as they can be found. I heard they had peeling problems when they were new. They are the weak link in the appearance of the car.

Unlike the GN this sat alot less years and being the F body does not have all that steel under it. Exhaust for example is stainless and still lshines. If this isn;t the lowest mile SLP Formula 6-speed 2002 model in existance...its in the running....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I have tried to get him to get me the Mustang so I could get it prepped before cold weather steps in. SO far no luck....

The funny part is I have a lot of people interested in the Mustang already....I know they are desireable as yeas ago when we first started to make Mustang parts we had 2 of the 5-speed notch backs....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

any word on the ty.its a car that should be intresting to most gn owners.i have one beacause of the similarities to the gn.curious to see it and what it will sell for.

The seller is not in any big hurry to get the other cars out to sell. He just now has given me a price to put on the SLP Firehawk....he is seeking $31,900 for the car. He arrived at this price from checking with a few experts in those cars...something I don;t claim to be.

More photos will be posted probably tomorrow as the car really now looks like new inside and out.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban update

On the Firehawk the new lower price asking is $23,900......

look good under the Christmas tree at someones house....currently sitting at mine....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

again to repeat my fee is a flat fee and is not bumped into any price the car is advertised at....

I don't have any under carriage photos however in looking at the rotors rust is very minimal. I can try and look under the car...I know in looking from the back end its really quite good...underneath. tires stil llook good but I would not trust them...wheels no saving therm but they are nothing special.

Car needs to be aired out but interior is flawless. You csn tell its a true 400 mile car....

car will sell at some point I would think.

I have another source who with me is working on a deal on a another car that has been sitting in a building since the late 1980s. No more clues than that as I don;t want to "jinx" the deal. This deal should happen next week...this car is not rusty and tis a 4-speed....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Wow! Flashback!! A Bone Stocker..the Condition can be fixed, All the Original unmolested parts on it are a Jewel . If kept un-cut up an left alone..More Money then modified one!! I'm restoring mine now, but not to Original statis..;^)..Dennis you'll be hearing from me soon,Hey i need a rear Window with defrost,you carry them or where can i find one..

Thanks,
Brent aka Bozo

kirban update

Putting the word here .....

the firehawk is still available however the owner has moved it and brought me the 1990 Mustang notchback 5-speed.....been parked since 1992 in the same building as the firehawl was.

Caer is 100% bone stock bone original with the exception at time of purchase he had a pop up sunroof installed. Has documentation of this. Car has what I consider the standard options posi, power windows and locks, lst year I believe for air bag. am/fm cassette.

One super rare option it has is the factory Ford engine block heater...Ford sticker is still on it...card about wheel lock still attached to lug wrench also card about wheel lock and card about manual trnasmission is still with the car.

Car has no paint work super straight body no dents no dings...miles is either 5,400 or 5,500 not sure which. I am confident the paint will come back as it had no sun exposure.

Color is a dark grey with a beige or lite grey cloth interior. Notchbacks were not high dollar Mustangs.

I will get my buddy to post a few photos on this thread early next week. The owner is seeking $11,500 or best offer. I think its a realistic price. You seldom ever see unmolested 5-speed manual notchbacks let alone one with so few miles. In the Mustang world everything is available and cheap.

There is no sun fade on any of the trim on this car. Doors shut like day one....

It is what it is, as my commission remains the same regardless of price. He may have the window sticker I am not sure. In the glove box unopen is the Ford demo cassette....kinda neat.

Back then VIN sticker is on every single panel, helps tell you its original body parts from the factory. Headlites have no yellow or haze would pass for new if I could put them in a Ford box.

Tires like new but I am sure have age crack sin the tread. Wheels have some corrsion but are the cheap slotted stock ones. Rust is not bad rear housing and driveshaft rest is pretty nice underneath.

Maybe not a dynamite color but that is what it is like a dark grey.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

From another source I found a 1967 Corvette stingray 4-speed that had been parked all original since 1989. That car sold within hours. The lady was 86 years old that had it stashed away.

Tis it for now....

When will the pics be up on the mustang? I may be interested if the car has the tweed inside.

Wow! Flashback!! A Bone Stocker..the Condition can be fixed, All the Original unmolested parts on it are a Jewel . If kept un-cut up an left alone..More Money then modified one!! I'm restoring mine now, but not to Original statis..;^)..Dennis you'll be hearing from me soon,Hey i need a rear Window with defrost,you carry them or where can i find one..

Thanks,
Brent aka Bozo

Hey you stole my picture! LOL!!!