Grand National and GNX are returning!!

When they put the 5.0 badge on the new Mustang I gave up and now no longer care what the manufacturers do to sell cars.

When they put the 5.0 badge on the new Mustang I gave up and now no longer care what the manufacturers do to sell cars.
The new 5.0 is FAR more car than the fox body version ever thought about being. As it should be, though, considering it's roughly 20 years later. That said, Ford seems to be nailing it better than GM these days in some areas. I hope the guys at Buick don't screw the new GN up. Based on the article, things seem to be moving in the right direction.

I like that hood and the car has some nice lines. that grill looks pretty mean too. I definitely like the twin turbo v6 part with good power. I think they need to loose a couple doors though. I'm sure it will be pricey as hell too in comparison to comparable power from ford.

FINALLY! When somebody tells me about the "bad twin-turbo V6" that is in their Dad's cousin's friend's grandfather's barber's Grand National, it will be TRUE!

And, they can stop telling me that "the GNX would be so much better with a V8 in it", because it WILL have a V8 in it!

What a blessing!

FINALLY! When somebody tells me about the "bad twin-turbo V6" that is in their Dad's cousin's friend's grandfather's barber's Grand National, it will be TRUE!

And, they can stop telling me that "the GNX would be so much better with a V8 in it", because it WILL have a V8 in it!

What a blessing!

They didnt all come like that?

Seriously, I like the look of the new car. I doubt it has the mod appeal that the originals do just because everything is so locked down but maybe they'll surprise us.

Another overpriced four door..... At least they're using the the right powertrain..

They didnt all come like that?

Seriously, I like the look of the new car. I doubt it has the mod appeal that the originals do just because everything is so locked down but maybe they'll surprise us.

Jay,

The new V6 is the same design as the new C7 LT1.

I hope its not the car (4 door) they are showing in the pics...Itd be nice if GM could get this right.....

The new LT1 is the new C7 Twin turbo vette motor.....

Twin-Turbo? Kidding, right?

http://wardsauto.com/vehicles-amp-technology/new-gm-small-block-pairs-power-efficiency

Still a pushrod, 2-valve-per-cylinder, naturally aspirated engine. For the first time, the Vette version will have cylinder deactivation to allow it to run on 4 cylinders when cruising. Added GDI to improve performance. Of course, with the GDI now on the engine, adding turbos or supercharging would be very doable.

Jay,

The new V6 is the same design as the new C7 LT1.

I would have thought that the twin-turbo 3.6L V6 would be based off the current GM 3.6L V6. The current 3.6L V6 is the DOHC, four-valve-per-cylinder one that is found in many GM vehicles (like the one in the Cadillac ATS, just to name one). The new C7 LT1 V8 is a pushrod, 2-valve-per-cylinder engine (like the current LS engines), at least from the releases coming from GM. They are two totally different engine designs.

Of course, the twin-turbo V6 is just speculation until GM actually releases information on it.

I hope its not the car (4 door) they are showing in the pics...Itd be nice if GM could get this right.....

I agree. It's cool they want to bring back the nameplates but do it right. I know they can't make it look as good as the originals but at least lose the 2 extra doors.

Damn, that is one UGLY F'N car!!!!..... Looks like every other BEAN shaped car out there with a monster grill

You'd think they'd design something appropriate in 2 door for a TRIBUTE car!

It wont surprise me one bit if they bring it out with the twin turbo 3.6. GM HAS to do something to counter Fords Ecoboost twin turbo 3.5's

The big heavy Flex's, and full size SHO's are already easilly running mid 12's on nothing more than a tune from LMS (Livornois Motor Sports) LMS also does work on GM products so I'd bet they'll have a tune for the new Buicks within months of their release.

And you 2 door die hards need to get used to 2 more doors. 4 door high performance sedans, etc. are the norm now days. Nothing better than great horsepower numbers AND comfort.

I'll not be getting used to a more door. Nor will I own one. Nice for those who want to cruise their moms ride. I NEED a coupe if they want to put my name on the dotted line.
Old School or nothing for me no matter the badges.

Could be an interesting car, but it will never surpass what the original cars did. GM simply won't allow it. Remember this is no longer a Buick, it is simply a GM platform with a GM motor using an old Buick nameplate to try and sell cars!

I would have thought that the twin-turbo 3.6L V6 would be based off the current GM 3.6L V6. The current 3.6L V6 is the DOHC, four-valve-per-cylinder one that is found in many GM vehicles (like the one in the Cadillac ATS, just to name one). The new C7 LT1 V8 is a pushrod, 2-valve-per-cylinder engine (like the current LS engines), at least from the releases coming from GM. They are two totally different engine designs.

Of course, the twin-turbo V6 is just speculation until GM actually releases information on it.

There is a link that shows the new C7 LTI and then down at the bottom of the page, you will see the TWIN T V6