Got my motor back from Dan @ DLS...WOW

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I got my motor back from Dan yesterday and the first time I saw it my mouth dropped to the floor. What a work of art. Definitely the best in the business. I just hope it runs as good as it looks! It did come with a pretty hefty price tag but you get what you pay for IMO. I can't wait to get everything done on this car. Two thumbs up for DLS!:D

l_4c303f10bd320d3f31507d905dbf3447.jpg

l_1ff21b8e5f0ea277f5f6507c607fad0e.jpg

l_061c904213a9ca76da04a47d7c6e317b.jpg

l_0c0e0d58c6f6ddcb7beab633281be9dc.jpg

l_1e815fe4417f4f58825f638996880cbe.jpg

That's a very nice timing marker on that engine!! :D Don, what turbo are you goona put on it? How fast you looking to go?

Looks great Don. I got a pretty hefty timeslip with the purchase of my DLS engine, and I'm sure you will get one too.... :wink:

Dls

THat looks really SWEEEEET!!!

Keep us posted you proceed.

Look at the distributor; it has HEI style connectors on it. Have not seen that before, it looks really nice.

I bet you’re anxious to get your car running, Good luck Don.

Thanks guys...after many years of screwing around with my stock motor and making a bunch of tuning mistakes, I've finally graduated to the serious motors club. This is my first motor and I will definitely be watching every single little move and tune I make on it.

The motor itself has a forged Buick V6 stroker crank which brings the CI to about 250. JE Pistons .020" over, Champion GN1's race ported and worked over by Dan, new valves, 212/210 (I think) Comp roller cam with roller lifters and rockers, stock intake ported out to the max, PTE plenum modified by Dan, Champion spacer, MSD pro billet Buick V6 even fire distributor, all billet caps, TA valve covers, 95 lb injectors with Champion fuel rails, custom bracket for Weldon fuel pressure regulator, many other misc things done...

Now I need a set of TA headers and an external 3.5" DP. I'll be running a PTE 76 DBB GTQ turbo .85 A/R hsg. Believe it or not this will be primarily street driven on 93 and low boost. I think the motor alone should make 400-500 horse. With 15 lbs of boost I think I will have plenty on the street to handle:eek: If I go to the track it should run low 9's pretty easily on about 3200 lbs. I'm not looking to beat on it though. I just want an unbreakable, nice, solid, street car that will scare the locals:D