Got my motor back from Dan @ DLS...WOW

Dang bro!!! Looks good foooooo.
I figured you were probably picking it up. Man that looks good.

Excellent Job Dan.

Sounds like it's time to turn some wrenches now.
Give me a call.

Patrick

looks KILLER!! I bought my parts from Dan when I was building my motor. My roller cam was hitting the lifters by them because of core shift on the block. I checked it in my best friends block and it was fine. It was just my lifter bores in my block. I called Dan and he said to mark the ones that were touching and send the cam back to him. He trimmed the cam lobes for me a few thousands and didn't charge me a dime. Dan not only KNOWS what he is doing but he is a good buiness man and will take care of you after the sale. Thats GOLDEN to me!! Many more motor builds to you Dan!! Daniel Ray

hell, i wouldnt even put in the car, id roll it into the living room and just look at everday...

Looks very sexy!!! nice job dan

Wow, sure must be nice. That's a sweet mill, but what's that huge 40's era distributor doing on your nice LC2? I didn't know people are putting distributors on our engines.

LOL
That 40's era distributor is standard fare for todays 850+hp TSM stroker builds. Worth the extra hp vs production C3I hardware, as well as being compatible with todays MSD traction control boxes. ;) ;)
If you notice, it even has the new HEI style cap to boot. :eek: :)

Looks awesome Don.

Patrick

Wow, sure must be nice. That's a sweet mill, but what's that huge 40's era distributor doing on your nice LC2? I didn't know people are putting distributors on our engines.

Iv'e seen it before but only on the seriously modified cars. He's probably going to use FAST in place of the stock ECM.

But....it's a distributor. Isn't that obsolete technology? I thought they quit using those for a reason. Tune me in.

But....it's a distributor. Isn't that obsolete technology? I thought they quit using those for a reason. Tune me in.

Do a search, there has been a TON of info posted on this. Mostly has to do with getting rid of the waste spark setup.

BTW, lookin' good Don!

Reason I went with the distributor was for several reasons. 1. You ditch the waste spark setup like previously mentioned. Its getting hard to find good replacement parts like coils and ignition modules. 2. The distributor is much cleaner and more efficient than the stock waste spark setup. Ever wonder why our cars from the factory always idled and sounded rough? Also why it takes FOREVER to crank over the engine and fire at startup? This thing should start on a dime now and run smooth. 3. It just looks cooler and I'm always wanting to be different. Oh and we can't forget 4. it makes more power overall.

Don, I see. Good info. Then why did the entire planet ditch the distributor if it's easier to work on, idles smoother, and makes more power? It's not that I don't believe you because I do, it's just that it looks like we took a HUGE step in reverse... it makes no sense. Is it cheap to convert an LC2 to distributor?

It doesn't make any sense, it just works. I can guarantee you Don won't be chasing down ignition problems. :cool:

LOL
That 40's era distributor is standard fare for todays 850+hp TSM stroker builds. Worth the extra hp vs production C3I hardware, as well as being compatible with todays MSD traction control boxes. ;) ;)
If you notice, it even has the new HEI style cap to boot. :eek: :)

Looks awesome Don.

Patrick

Actually I don't think they're allowed on TSM cars. I could be wrong, there's a first time for everything. I do think most of the TSO cars are running them though.

Don, I see. Good info. Then why did the entire planet ditch the distributor if it's easier to work on, idles smoother, and makes more power? It's not that I don't believe you because I do, it's just that it looks like we took a HUGE step in reverse... it makes no sense. Is it cheap to convert an LC2 to distributor?

Can anyone chime in on this general yet interesting question? Why did the automakers switch over to electronic ignition? Oh wait I know why...we are all used to the stock wastespark coilpack setup. I don't think it is as efficient as the new stuff. I'm sure the new stuff is just as good if not better than a distributor. I'm sure it's more emissions friendly too. Everything nowadays is emissions and gas mileage. Someone correct me if I am wrong here...

It doesn't make any sense, it just works. I can guarantee you Don won't be chasing down ignition problems. :cool:

EXACTLY! I can't tell you how many times I've had coilpacks and ignition modules go bad on me over the years. A distributor really never goes bad. Plus everything under my hood is/will be setup with the word SIMPLE in mind. I can't wait to finish this thing. It's really looking nice. I'm taking my time this time around on the entire car getting everything setup the way I want it.

Some good reading here...:eek:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/stage-ii-tech/250631-why-use-distributor.html

BTW....the new motor looks awesome!:cool:

I see, thanks! edit: Ok, I just went and read that entire thread. It looks to me as if I should stay away from the electrical side of things lol. I was less confused before I read that, than I am now. :redface:
That's ok, I read that someone has been in the 9's with the factory ignition. That's good enough for me lol. I don't plan on EVER going that fast. Ever lol.