Got my CT carry permit and picked up a XDS .45

Otto J

Nice peice, easy to carry. Haven't gotten a chance to fire it yet.
My buddy is a local range master so he is gonna get me up there for some fun.

Definitely on my list. I especially like the available extended mags.

Good luck with your Springfield. I have a .45 XDm Compact and it's the worst POS handgun I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot and still do. I even sent it back to Springfield because it fails to return to battery from time to time and the trigger is like squishing your finger on a rotten tomato. The pistol was checked out and reported to me what it's doing is normal operation and sent it back to me. My reply was you have to be kidding me. Springfield's reply, we can't fix something that's working correctly? Working correctly? OMG! No thanks Springfield I'm not trusting my life to this crappy handgun.

It's a nice little gun.
I got to shoot one last year, and was surprised how controllable it is for a .45 in that small of a package.

Good luck with your Springfield. I have a .45 XDm Compact and it's the worst POS handgun I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot and still do. I even sent it back to Springfield because it fails to return to battery from time to time and the trigger is like squishing your finger on a rotten tomato. The pistol was checked out and reported to me what it's doing is normal operation and sent it back to me. My reply was you have to be kidding me. Springfield's reply, we can't fix something that's working correctly? Working correctly? OMG! No thanks Springfield I'm not trusting my life to this crappy handgun.

You must have just got a bad gun... I have shot several different Springfield product and they are good guns. XDm's are one of my favorites.

Otto, it is a great CC gun! You will love it!

I have a Springfield XD .45 compact and love it.... i also bought a XDs for the wife [but i sneak it out to the range too ;)

aaron

you def made a good purchase, they are nice guns.
xds.jpg

i agree, i have 2. But they are big and ridiculously heavy. not the best choice for concealment IMO.

Great point they are a tad heavy...good old american steel....will take over Glock plastic polymer crap any day.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

XDS45 is an excellent/accurate firearm, I have a laser attached (looks like it came from the factory like that) and use a Sneaky Pete Holster for consealment and don't have to dress around it

XDS45 is an excellent/accurate firearm, I have a laser attached (looks like it came from the factory like that) and use a Sneaky Pete Holster for consealment and don't have to dress around it

What laser do you have on it?

I just bought an XDS and love it!!! Not a 1911, but I bought it for carry.

It shoots where you aim and the recoil is very manageable.
I find the longer trigger pull on the first round puts the first round a little low. The reset is very short and the 2nd -5th rounds are nice and tight. I just need to practice to get over this issue (another excuse to go to the range).

I've been looking at the Speaky Pete holster. I am too tall and thin to carry IWB, so the SP might be the answer for me.

I just bought an XDS and love it!!! Not a 1911, but I bought it for carry.

It shoots where you aim and the recoil is very manageable.
I find the longer trigger pull on the first round puts the first round a little low. The reset is very short and the 2nd -5th rounds are nice and tight. I just need to practice to get over this issue (another excuse to go to the range).

I've been looking at the Speaky Pete holster. I am too tall and thin to carry IWB, so the SP might be the answer for me

Powder River Precision has a 5 piece spring kit for $14.95 that makes the trigger really nice + they have a few other parts for the XDS/XD/XDM (I did the spring kit)
Here's the link:
http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/main.sc

Powder River Precision has a 5 piece spring kit for $14.95 that makes the trigger really nice + they have a few other parts for the XDS/XD/XDM (I did the spring kit)
Here's the link:
http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/main.sc
Thanks for the link!! I looked at the parts for the XDS and it reminded me that the mag release takes alot more force to operate than I would expect.......certainly more than my 1911. The same company makes an extented mag release button. I wonder if there is any gun-smithing that can make the mag release smoother and easier to operate??

Hmmm.....Does anybody else find the mag release hard to operate, or just my gun?