got a ride in an 03 cobra.....

gofastr

LOSE2ME
wow, this thing was really fast. I would LOVE to have one of these babies! Fastest mustang ever made in my opinion. And to think what can be done to it with some more fuel and a new pully!

Was it stock or tinkered with?
They're a lot of $$$$ , no?
You could have 2 buicks with the same amout of cash.
Do you think you could beat him in a race?
What color was it?
Tarey D.
I'm up in Cleveland once in a while during the week.

I'm thinking of getting a 03 Cobra, but I want to get one that is used. I can't seem to bring myself to pay the $1000 gas guzzler tax... :)

Just got an insurance quote the other day, and actively looking for one now. I have already spotted one that would be mine if it was a little closer to me. Black, of course;)

03 Cobra = Best car currently for sale in any market. Hands down.

There are a few already in the 9's. One has one 9.56. I can't wait until someone pulls the blower off and slaps on a turbo. :cool:

... they're like the new Supra, except better. :D

Uhhh...I towed one the other night :D
Looked real good behind the truck...hehehe. He was severly pissed. Tried to tell me Ihad no idea what that car was and what it was worth...whatever. Went over it with a fine toothed comb after he paid to get it out too. Can't say I blame him though.
They are nice. Didn't realize they'd already gotten em into the 9's with boltons...or was that not just boltons?

the only 9 second pass I've seen the car had a kenne bell blower.

I think the kenne bell is a twin-screw as opposed to the eaton roots blower in stock form.

I would not mind one, but I'd rather a supra. Furthering that I'd rather a GN. I still want a damn GN.

Originally posted by gofastr
wow, this thing was really fast. I would LOVE to have one of these babies! Fastest mustang ever made in my opinion. And to think what can be done to it with some more fuel and a new pully!

You think that was a fast ride, wait till you get a load of the 05's!!!!

Originally posted by kurst
the only 9 second pass I've seen the car had a kenne bell blower.

I think the kenne bell is a twin-screw as opposed to the eaton roots blower in stock form.

I would not mind one, but I'd rather a supra. Furthering that I'd rather a GN. I still want a damn GN.

Yup, all of the cars I've seen in the 9's are on the Kenne Bell blower. Still, tell me that isn't impressive, bolt ons, 9's.

Now bolt on a turbo... no more wasted power... :eek:

I'd like to have a turbo Buick, Supra AND 03 Cobra. :)

a few bolt ons to do 9's!!! what do they do from the factory? i'll have to watch out for them, wouldn't want to mistake one for a gt...

Originally posted by striker_29
They're pumpin out mid to hi 12's in stock form, depending on the driver.
:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW!!!!! theres a saleen mustand around town that i've been trying to run into at a stop light, but if a cobra is that fast i'm not going to try anythign with that saleen, does anyone know how fast they are?

The 03 Cobra is faster. There is a guy here is Beaumont that has a red 03, and is terrified to run me. His time slips have all been mid 12's with slicks...but all his friends have told him that my car runs mid 11's on pump gas and BFG Drags (not true).

They're just sooooo much money that I couldn't see buying one, since you could build a high 9 second street brawler GN and pay $40 a month for insurance vs. $240 and still have money in the bank.

A friend of mine in Houston purchased an 03 Cobra last year, paid cash, and waited 6 months for it to come in. He picked it up, and 2 weeks later with less than 500 miles it cratered (the valve kissed). He was pissed...me, I just LMAO. He told me that it was the most expensive rental car he had ever driven :D

Erik

Originally posted by denn454
:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW!!!!! theres a saleen mustand around town that i've been trying to run into at a stop light, but if a cobra is that fast i'm not going to try anythign with that saleen, does anyone know how fast they are?

Most Saleens now are just a body kit and suspension. The only
ones putting any power to the ground are the handful of '03 Cobra Saleens.

If I could go out and buy any car (excluding something exotic and super-pricey) right now it'd be the '03 Cobra. 2nd choice woutld be a WRX STI, and third an Infiniti G35 sedan.

Stock '03 Cobra long block would be comparable to a Stage 2 prepped Buick.
Very beefy iron block, steel crank, Manley H beam rods, floating pins, forged pistons. Excellent fuel system.
Nitrous Pete has been into the 9's with his on the IRS.
He did do what Ford should have done and that is replaced the 6 speed with an automatic with trans brake.
What some guys fail to realize is that for $35k you get
a high 12 low 13 second car stock
handling in the .90 range
Independent rear suspension
6 speed transmission
huge 13 PBR brakes in front and 12's in back
Bilstein shocks all the way around
Full leather interior
I mean, to do equal or same to a GN and have it in like new condition would cost you atleast $35k
I recently saw a used 03 for sale for $28k which isnt bad.
Most of the guys running 11's with theirs have a lot less than $1k into theirs.

Originally posted by GNVAIR

What some guys fail to realize is that for $35k you get
a high 12 low 13 second car stock
handling in the .90 range
Independent rear suspension
6 speed transmission
huge 13 PBR brakes in front and 12's in back
Bilstein shocks all the way around
Full leather interior
I mean, to do equal or same to a GN and have it in like new condition would cost you atleast $35k
I recently saw a used 03 for sale for $28k which isnt bad.
Most of the guys running 11's with theirs have a lot less than $1k into theirs.

Sounds to me like somebody needs a TTA :) Everything but the 6 speed and idep. rear. Oh well, closer at least!

Bob

No '05 Cobra

Originally posted by TurboDave

You think that was a fast ride, wait till you get a load of the 05's!!!!

Unfortunately, there will not be an '05 Cobra.

The first Cobra in the new body will be an '06.

"Sounds to me like somebody needs a TTA Everything but the 6 speed and idep. rear. Oh well, closer at least!

Bob"

hahahahhahahahahhahah

Thats great, LMAO!!!!

Nick

I am pretty suprised that the block will handle 9 second power. I am a Ford dealership tech and be assured that it's the same old block that is in everything else. They are pretty thin and the caps are tiny. The side bolts are a joke and are only 10mm in size!

Nonetheless, it's an impressive car!