got a ride in an 03 cobra.....

FYI, the 04 model is rumored to have the Mystic color option. I'd like a Mystic 04 please. :D Just don't scratch the paint. :p

James

03 COBRAS RULE

Im saving to get a used one, Im not going to waste money on tax, license, etc. I'll wait until the new mustang comes out and the cobra prices drop.

The 03 Cobra cant even be compared to a turbo buick. Just like GNVAIR pointed out, its the whole package that counts. That car is more than just the motor. And really $35 grands not much for what you get, plus a WARRENTY. Its a all around fast car that can be driven everyday and everywhere.:)

I like the new Cobras, really. But I could buy 7 TR's like mine for the cost. I'd love to have one, but I would never stomach the price. Also, there was a dude at the 1/8 mile track last week in a black one. He had BFG DR's, and couldn't run better than 8.8. He just couldn't put the power down. Made me feel a little better because I think my T is slow at ~8.6, same night, BFG TA's. .

"Im saving to get a used one, Im not going to waste money on tax, license, etc. I'll wait until the new mustang comes out and the cobra prices drop."

That's what I did......with gas guzzler tax, etc, it can cost up to $37 - $38k to get into a new one. Let someone else suffer the instant depreciation. Now if the ^$% shipping company would just get here with thing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2420319226&category=6236

Guys I looked at the '03 Cobra and have even ridden in one. They are fast for sure, but I'm sorry they just aren't my cup of tea. For 38 large I want more than cheapo plastic interior pieces, off the shelf switchgear that belongs in a Ford Focus, and low-rent leather seats. Besides, the car looks like every other V6 or GT Mustang out there. Appearance is a subjective point, but I never have thought the current issue Mustang was much of a looker anyway. It's just not 38k worth of car in my opinion. Once a low-mileage used one can be had in the 25k range, then maybe..........

the '03 cobra is the only affordable fast car on the market right now. next step up is the vette, which isnt all that much more, but i still think the cobra is dope, despite its price tag.

For 35k I'd rather buy a 350Z demo or off lease. That is a cool car! I dont care for the mustangs. If I wanna sit on the floor, I'll buy a go cart.

Or, you can dump 30K into the TR you've got (yes, I actually tallied it up recently) and have a 17 year old car worth 12K tops sitting in the garage like me :p

Originally posted by TurboJim
For 35k I'd rather buy a 350Z demo or off lease. That is a cool car! I dont care for the mustangs. If I wanna sit on the floor, I'll buy a go cart. :p

Ever sat in a 350Z? You ARE sitting on the floor.
They are nice, have a little more finesse, but a go-kart is more fun.

:D

Originally posted by TRBON8R
For 38 large I want more than cheapo plastic interior pieces, off the shelf switchgear that belongs in a Ford Focus, and low-rent leather seats.

Yeah, for about $15k more, I'd rather have the Corvette, with it's much oh-so-much nicer plactic interior and sub-par leather :rolleyes:

Bang for the buck, you can't beat these cars off the lot. Mine put down 404 rwhp with nothing more than a $80 air filter. Oh, and how many TR's have a warranty these days? Guys, I am a tried and true turbo Buick nut, but you have to give respect where it's due.

They are nice cars but...

..what do you expect from a supercharged v-8? If you think about it, its a v-8 that see's 8-10 psi stock. If it did not run 12's, it would be a total joke. If you are in the market to spend 35k on a car, then it is by far the best bang for your buck. If you have less to spend, like myself, you go get an 01, z28, do bolt-on's and a 100 shot, and see how many 03 cobra's you can piss on. :D

I will update, once the pissing begins...;)

Originally posted by scottyb
Ever sat in a 350Z? You ARE sitting on the floor.
They are nice, have a little more finesse, but a go-kart is more fun.

:D

No, never had the pleasure, but that car is SHARP. And if it follows the typical Z tradition, it should be a fun ride

I don't want to piss in everybody's wheaties here, but I don't care how fast that Ford goes ( by the way, ford spelled backwards is driver returned on foot), it lacks the class act and attitude that the turbo buicks have. I have a new vette, and although it is basically bone stock, it is a pretty nice ride, but down deep, I could never see myself being without a turbo buick. I have had 4 turbo buicks in a row, and I still have 1 as a daily driver, and I am looking for its replacement now. Buick GNX'S, GN'S, and turbo-t's are a real class act. A Mustang Cobra, well it is a ford, what else need be said.

They are great aren't they Jack. Sorry to see it took so long for someone to match the t/r on the strip at least. Now if I could only hit the lotto, I would hold off for the new Ford GT40 thats coming out in the spring of 04

Originally posted by metal-box
I'm thinking of getting a 03 Cobra, but I want to get one that is used. I can't seem to bring myself to pay the $1000 gas guzzler tax... :)

Its built into the sticker price, you dont even know your paying it.

....we have forgotten our enemies. See, this is what the Mustang owner has wanted ever since 1986. Hey, look on the bright side it only took them 17 yrs to do it.:p

LOL, too funny 2 qk. But you have to remember the little trip Ford had from 84 to 86 at the SVO team with the 2.3 turbo intercooled and worked over suspension and brakes in the Mustang. Was a very forward thinking car actually. This is what I love about competition, you end up getting so much good stuff going on all at once.