Got a carb turbo torn apart and

Yeah the stock hat necks down, alot. I will probably cut the necked down part out and weld in a new part. I can see how it would flow less than the carb.

Although an all new carb hat wouldnt be a bad idea, mine hit the hood sorta bad. Im sure I could get something better and flatter.

Yeah the stock hat necks down, alot. I will probably cut the necked down part out and weld in a new part. I can see how it would flow less than the carb.

Although an all new carb hat wouldnt be a bad idea, mine hit the hood sorta bad. Im sure I could get something better and flatter.
After you bolt the scoop on cut out the hood below it. then weld to the bottom of the hat at the carb side to raise the roof and unshroud the carb it helped alot. Your car should really run hard now you will love it. Mike

IT LIVES!!

Broke the motor in today. Started right up, good oil pressure overall good. Only problem was a blown fuse in for the fans and a loose trans cooler line.

No more tick from the pushrod, runs good. Solid 20 inches of vacuume, sounds pretty much the same as before. Never know it wasn't stock if it were for mufflers that are on it.

picture-1010.jpg

picture-1011.jpg

picture-1012.jpg

picture-1013.jpg

picture-1014.jpg

The car is actually getting painted this spring so the nose will be staying off for at least another month. Snow and melt wont be gone for another month anyways so I cant drive it anyways.

Cant wait to here how you like it once you drive it. It should really go now keep up the good work. Mike

The car is actually getting painted this spring so the nose will be staying off for at least another month. Snow and melt wont be gone for another month anyways so I cant drive it anyways.

You're making me look bad bro!:eek: Looks like I better get to work:redface:

Mostly just doing body work now. Fenders are done for the most part, hood is straighter, cowl is fitted, and I painted the underside of the hood just for fun.

picture-1015.jpg

picture-1016.jpg

picture-1017.jpg

Looks good... what color are you painting it? There are a couple of Monte/Cutlass like yours in GTA4 and one of them has a turbo hood like the GN... they also have the GN in it too... just thought about how your car would look last night when I jacked one:biggrin:

brings back old time working on my car. i see your using nason paint. i may have spelled that wrong.
if this wasn't turbo buick i would post pics of the corvette i am painting.

Color is dark jadestone metallic. Buick Olds color for 81 only. This is just some leftover 1 stage stuff from when I redid my header panel.

I am going to go with a green thats close to the origional color out of the Kirker catalog. Local parts store priced out the paint at close to $700 and Im not spending that much on a $3500 car. Kirker stuff is around $350. If it is farther off than I think I will probably just bust out the $300 a gallon just for the base at the parts store and get everything else elsewhere.