Got a buffer/polisher today

Renthorin,

The single best advice I can give you is to visit the Autopia website often.

Worlds of professional insider-info on car care there, & lots of very thoughtful & helpful people!!

The biggest revolution in buffer equpment is simply one word: MICROFIBER. Forget 100% cotton...it's a much improved world these days!

Sources for MICROFIBER anything/everything range from WalMart to professional detailing warehouses. I've used Classic Auto a lot over the last year. Now, nothing touches the paint that isn't MICROFIBER. Classic also has lots of reference write-ups on their site.

That was a very nice gift, and one that you'll enjoy using!
Orbital buffers mimic perfect random hand polishing, saving lots of elbow grease & time.

Enjoy!!

HTH :)

Zanio is usually a hard wax to apply. One suggestion is to try and locate diaper applicators. (for you orbital) These are great for applying waxes and don't swirl if the wax is a high end product. (if you can't find them I have a name of a company in Ohio that sales them) I recommend them over foam any day. However I usually go over the entire wax job with a clean white or yellow foam applicator just to gloss the finish. The above reference is an excellent one. They have a complete web site and information on the care of you car. Meguiars, does as well. They also carry a large line of products that are very good with a random orbital such as the one you have. The microfiber towels are one of the better products to have hit the market, but beware not all microfiber towels are created equal the cheap ones are just that cheap. I also recommend finding the diaper material towels. These too work excellent in wiping wax off you finish without any scratches. And leave a really nice shine. I use the orbital on our GN's as well as a few friends GN's and the GS's (fact is if you were at Norwalk the purple GS that won for race car I detailed) .