Good idea/Bad idea

ringman

I have a stock short block, 60k mile 87 GN, car has gone 11.9@114 in the past. This winter Im planning on doing a full roller 206 cam, GN1aluminum heads. Currently i run a CPT62 ball bearing turbo, alcohol injection, PTC converter, transbrake, fmic, 60lb injectors. Am i a ticking time bomb on the short block?..And with a proper tune and 60' what is my potential times and mph? I plan on doing short block next winter possibly. Thanks in advance

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That engine is defiantly a grenade with the pin pulled. I'd really start watching it after you put another 200,000 miles on it,

Since you're planning on doing a short block anyways, I'd go ahead and do that first. Then you can save your low mileage engine for a rainy day.

Last edited:
Mine grenaded It was a sad day wish I had built my spear first .Matching # no longer stock

Some do care about their matching #. With all the mods I've done to my car, the last thing I care about is matching #s ;) But.. I don't have storage space to keep a spare engine around...

Any idea times and mph potential?..im not a numbers matching guy i plan on never selling

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

When I did exactly what you are planning, added 210/215 roller cam and iron champion heads to my similar build I went from about a 12.0 to low 11's. I gained about 100HP, mostly because my peak torque went from 3500RPM to 5000RPM. It REALLY woke up the top end of the motor. It pulls clean to 6k RPM now, where as before it fell on its face above 4500RPM.

Stock short block is good to 125mph on a good tune for quite a few runs. I've pounded mine over 120mph a lot. Others have gone faster even but no records of reliability that I've seen or read yet. Your ET will vary based on the car, track, and you but mph is a good measure of power. If you want to go much faster than 120mph for more than a few runs, a short block should be on your short list of to-do's.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app