Good bye TTA #677

do you guys at least have a racetrack somewhat local? my nearest 1 is 2 hours 1 way and about 110 miles from me. that is the main reason street racing happens around here. we had a few accidents like this and then they made it afelony to street race. they will even take your car and keep it too!

What a Brain Surgeon this guy is! Has 2 kids & does stuff like that? Hope he goes away for many years! What if My Family was in the truck he hit? Better in jail than if I saw him on the street! POS!! LOSER!!

've posted this on a couple other sites, and I'll post it here as well...

Ok, as most of you know, I had a very bad night about a month ago. I'm here to clear up a few things.

1. I made a series of VERY VERY stupid mistakes. I, more than anyone feel horrible about what happened. It wasn't planned, and I was being stupid. I have thanked God every day that the guy in the SUV is alive. I'm ok as well, physically.

2. The guy in the SUV DID go to the hospital, then was booked into 4th ave for warrants. He claimed to have broken ribs, but that is false. He was not hurt beyond some bumps and bruises, again THANK GOD!

3. I am facing several charges, and I have kicked myself in the ass every second since this ordeal happened. Not just for the charges, but for the stupidity. I was very dumb that night, and I can only attribute it to adrenaline. I blame nobody, and I know how ****ing stupid I was being.

4. The reason I was trying so hard to sell that TTA was because I wanted to clear up the fines and BS that was holding my license, so that I could avoid this situation entirely. Now I'll be parting it out.

5. I rarely do what I did at all, and this time was just one of those impromptu times. I don't blame the cops for doing their jobs, I even told them the same thing THAT night. However, the helicopter was about 15-20 feet over my head, and shining the spotlight in my face, which is the reasoning for rolling the red light. I still did it though, and I should've just stopped.

6. NO, I didn't put my little girls first, and that has kept me up in tears for several days an nights over the last month. I can't believe what I did, and am so thankful that it wasn't worse.

7. I can't apologize to the guy, because I'm not allowed to contact him. But if somehow he were to see this, I am so very sorry. All I can ask is that you forgive me, I'm human, and made a very dumb mistake.

8. I know I don't owe anyone here an explanation, or an apology, but I think I do.
I am sorry for the impact on our scene that my actions have attributed to. Again, all I can do is ask that you all accept my apology, and forgive me.

I have decided to step out of the car scene almost completely. No more driving at all for me until I get my issues cleared up. I say almost completely because it's been such a big part of my life, as have a lot of you, that I can't just walk away cold turkey. There will be NO MORE STREET EVENTS AT ALL for me, and I urge all of you to heed my warning, it isn't worth it. This was the worst experience for me. The thought of losing my family, my kids, my life, all over the street scene. I know some of you will post up that I'm an idiot, dumbass, etc... I know. I feel [----] big, and I did deserve what I went through, but my kids didn't. I feel like complete ****.

I know I was dumb, and I'm not going to use the "everyone has done it" excuse. We all know most have, but that doesn't mean I should've. I didn't post to get redemption, or anything, just to apologize. I did finish reading the other thread though, and I want to clear one last thing up.

Yes, I do have a suspended license, as do most on this board. Almost all of my tickets are Driving on Suspended. The reckless and whatnot were all dropped, because it wasn't me who was driving. I've been in one other accident, in Tucson, in the rain. I wasn't doing anything wrong, I just slud in my CRX and it was a small fender bender.

Either way, I don't know how long I'm facing yet, and I'm in hopes of avoiding DOC for another punishment. I will accept punishment though, I'd just rather not have to punish my children in the process..

Anyways, I just thought I should clear up a few things. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

've posted this on a couple other sites, and I'll post it here as well...

Ok, as most of you know, I had a very bad night about a month ago. I'm here to clear up a few things.

1. I made a series of VERY VERY stupid mistakes. I, more than anyone feel horrible about what happened. It wasn't planned, and I was being stupid. I have thanked God every day that the guy in the SUV is alive. I'm ok as well, physically.

2. The guy in the SUV DID go to the hospital, then was booked into 4th ave for warrants. He claimed to have broken ribs, but that is false. He was not hurt beyond some bumps and bruises, again THANK GOD!

3. I am facing several charges, and I have kicked myself in the ass every second since this ordeal happened. Not just for the charges, but for the stupidity. I was very dumb that night, and I can only attribute it to adrenaline. I blame nobody, and I know how ****ing stupid I was being.

4. The reason I was trying so hard to sell that TTA was because I wanted to clear up the fines and BS that was holding my license, so that I could avoid this situation entirely. Now I'll be parting it out.

5. I rarely do what I did at all, and this time was just one of those impromptu times. I don't blame the cops for doing their jobs, I even told them the same thing THAT night. However, the helicopter was about 15-20 feet over my head, and shining the spotlight in my face, which is the reasoning for rolling the red light. I still did it though, and I should've just stopped.

6. NO, I didn't put my little girls first, and that has kept me up in tears for several days an nights over the last month. I can't believe what I did, and am so thankful that it wasn't worse.

7. I can't apologize to the guy, because I'm not allowed to contact him. But if somehow he were to see this, I am so very sorry. All I can ask is that you forgive me, I'm human, and made a very dumb mistake.

8. I know I don't owe anyone here an explanation, or an apology, but I think I do.
I am sorry for the impact on our scene that my actions have attributed to. Again, all I can do is ask that you all accept my apology, and forgive me.

I have decided to step out of the car scene almost completely. No more driving at all for me until I get my issues cleared up. I say almost completely because it's been such a big part of my life, as have a lot of you, that I can't just walk away cold turkey. There will be NO MORE STREET EVENTS AT ALL for me, and I urge all of you to heed my warning, it isn't worth it. This was the worst experience for me. The thought of losing my family, my kids, my life, all over the street scene. I know some of you will post up that I'm an idiot, dumbass, etc... I know. I feel [----] big, and I did deserve what I went through, but my kids didn't. I feel like complete ****.

I know I was dumb, and I'm not going to use the "everyone has done it" excuse. We all know most have, but that doesn't mean I should've. I didn't post to get redemption, or anything, just to apologize. I did finish reading the other thread though, and I want to clear one last thing up.

Yes, I do have a suspended license, as do most on this board. Almost all of my tickets are Driving on Suspended. The reckless and whatnot were all dropped, because it wasn't me who was driving. I've been in one other accident, in Tucson, in the rain. I wasn't doing anything wrong, I just slud in my CRX and it was a small fender bender.

Either way, I don't know how long I'm facing yet, and I'm in hopes of avoiding DOC for another punishment. I will accept punishment though, I'd just rather not have to punish my children in the process..

Anyways, I just thought I should clear up a few things. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Takes a Man to make a post like that! I wish you the very best!

Ty

Ditto what Ty said!:wink: As a cop in Vegas for 3 years we have our issues with street racing but its all the Honda civics and "ricers" who join car clubs, street race, get high, wreck their cars, beat their g/fs and shoot at each other (had a guy young hispanic male had his honda a true 9 second civic hatchback running in import series at Pomona get his car stolen, used in a shooting and then found the frame and shell with no drivetrain in Vegas desert a month later!). Hopefully you will learn your lesson. I would be lying if I didnt say i like to put my car sideways and show off the fact that though Regals look like a brick they can flat out accelerate like nobodys business, in 1987 and in 2009!;) But my friend Michael was driving his 69 GS with 455 (12.30 car) and i was riding shotgun in my buddy Shawn (mygs462 on board) 87 Turbo T (11.20 car) on Scottsville Road at 1998 GS Nats when we both hit the throttle from a dead stop and who knows how fast but a 4 door late 80s Cutlass Ciera with a black female (later found out she was dui) and her teenage son riding shotgun t boned Mike and his GS send it around into a 360 and smashed into a light pole and took out a rather large portion of concrete curb. That image and the pictures being loaded from a wrecker onto his trailer on that Sunday to go back to Ohio have always stayed with me. Its hard pulling up to someone when they are provoking you to blow their doors off but in traffic its a no go! I have learned from powerbraking in the rain and how regals and rain go together like peanut butter and sprouts on a kaiser roll!:eek: I have to commend you for being honest and offering no excuses , you got lucky, and i wish you nothing but the best in the outcome! Hopefully one day you can get back into the hobby with no reservations! Fyi it took my buddy Mike over 2 years to collect in insurance for his GS but luckily he had all the paperwork for what was done to the car!

I'm really trying to turn this event into something positive for others. I'm researching a few things.

I would not like to see this happen to anyone, it has not been a pleasant experience at all.

Maybe something like this?

BRAKES with Doug Herbert

Maybe a speaker, with pictures and a story. People don't understand, and I am a firm believer in everyone needing that ONE big wake up call. The hand of God slapping you in the face to realize that you are not doing something right, and this was it for me. I don't want others to feel the pain, fear, heartbreak, and axiety that I've been dealing with for the past month. And it didn't end with me being released from jail, I'm still dealing with it. I want to make every possible positive impact from my negative choice that I possibly can.

Takes a Man to make a post like that! I wish you the very best!

Ty

Ditto what Ty said!:wink: As a cop in Vegas for 3 years we have our issues with street racing but its all the Honda civics and "ricers" who join car clubs, street race, get high, wreck their cars, beat their g/fs and shoot at each other (had a guy young hispanic male had his honda a true 9 second civic hatchback running in import series at Pomona get his car stolen, used in a shooting and then found the frame and shell with no drivetrain in Vegas desert a month later!). Hopefully you will learn your lesson. I would be lying if I didnt say i like to put my car sideways and show off the fact that though Regals look like a brick they can flat out accelerate like nobodys business, in 1987 and in 2009!;) But my friend Michael was driving his 69 GS with 455 (12.30 car) and i was riding shotgun in my buddy Shawn (mygs462 on board) 87 Turbo T (11.20 car) on Scottsville Road at 1998 GS Nats when we both hit the throttle from a dead stop and who knows how fast but a 4 door late 80s Cutlass Ciera with a black female (later found out she was dui) and her teenage son riding shotgun t boned Mike and his GS send it around into a 360 and smashed into a light pole and took out a rather large portion of concrete curb. That image and the pictures being loaded from a wrecker onto his trailer on that Sunday to go back to Ohio have always stayed with me. Its hard pulling up to someone when they are provoking you to blow their doors off but in traffic its a no go! I have learned from powerbraking in the rain and how regals and rain go together like peanut butter and sprouts on a kaiser roll!:eek: I have to commend you for being honest and offering no excuses , you got lucky, and i wish you nothing but the best in the outcome! Hopefully one day you can get back into the hobby with no reservations! Fyi it took my buddy Mike over 2 years to collect in insurance for his GS but luckily he had all the paperwork for what was done to the car!

I couldn't have said it any better than both of you. You screwed up and you have admitted it. That takes a very big man after what happened. I have seen the messes that have happened from street racing and I was one of them many years ago myself. I thank God I was never one of the casualties and I don't do it any longer because I grew up. It's still tempting but the cost isn't worth the expense. All you need to do is remember this and I doubt you'll ever do it again. Good luck with what you're going to have to do and keep us up on how your situation comes out in the end.