Going to florida for vacation

HOT ROD-GN

After 5 mouth of drama in my life my wife and i are taking some down time and going to take
a vacation to florida.
don't know much about FL but would like to know any place we should visit?
going to be in the clearwater / tampa area.
any info would help.

Southern Gulf Blvd, preferably south of the Don Cesar - gets pricey though. Clearwater, Madiera Beach, etc are a short drive north. Many miles of beaches and things to do. Great little family restaurant on Gulf Blvd, Greek owners - Skidder's Restaurant.

Go to Sanibel Island...if you like the beach....millions of shells for you to find....the beach is miles long with shells of every type.......very, very romantic place to be, espcially when you sit in low chairs in the surf in the Gulf with a nice cold drink watching the sunset....very beautiful and peaceful.....you can be shelling all day long and develope what is called the "Sanibel Stoop" the shelling is that good. Been there five times, loved it every time.....then visit by car the Ding Darling Preserve....wildlife of all kinds.....hint...do your eating off the island in Ft. Myers, cheaper by a lot.

Blue Steel.....'87GN

Go to Sanibel Island...if you like the beach....millions of shells for you to find....the beach is miles long with shells of every type.......very, very romantic place to be, espcially when you sit in low chairs in the surf in the Gulf with a nice cold drink watching the sunset....very beautiful and peaceful.....you can be shelling all day long and develope what is called the "Sanibel Stoop" the shelling is that good. Been there five times, loved it every time.....then visit by car the Ding Darling Preserve....wildlife of all kinds.....hint...do your eating off the island in Ft. Myers, cheaper by a lot.

Blue Steel.....'87GN
You're the second person that told me about that place.

Plenty of spring training baseball games down there if your into baseball at all. Im heading down end of next month to watch a few games .

Blue Steel.....'87GN

On the way down there, hit up the Rick Treworgy museum in Port Charlotte, over 250 GM cars (and a few others) mostly Corvettes... Also, take the KingFisher boat ride over to Cabbage Key, lots of Dolphins! We always spend a week every summer at FMB with Dad, Sis, and family.

Blue Steel.....'87GN

We have been to Destin 5 times and really like it there. Panama City once, did Orlando a few times. Wife has been wanting to go to Sanibel Island but haven't been yet, will put it on the list.

Bryan

We have been to Destin 5 times and really like it there. Panama City once, did Orlando a few times. Wife has been wanting to go to Sanibel Island but haven't been yet, will put it on the list.

Bryan

Bryan, if you take your wife just once to Sanibel Island, she'll fall so hard in love with you again you'll never know what hit you.....take my word for it.

Important info: Best time to go is in end of March through April, then end of September to December...any other time it's hot as hell, I mean, you can't even stand to be outside during the day. Beginning of April would be your best bet, but that's only from my own experience.....it's one beautiful place.....so relaxing.

Blue Steel.....'87GN

Sanibel is ok. Captiva is better- just a little further down the way on the same island area.... If you get to the end of Captiva, you can take a 15-20 minute boat ride to Usepa Island... No cars, small resort style community,super peaceful, nice restaurant. My parents just went there for valentines...

If you want touristy crap go to Orlando or Tampa (too crowded for me)...

There's lots of great beaches. Really depends what you guys want to do... If you want to, you can catch a boat from Fort Myers and go the the Keys... I haven't been but I hear it's fantastic.

I live 45min away from Sanibel... DEFINITELY one of the best beaches.. several places rent out cottages on the beach weekly too.....

226321_223954154281354_100000003134244_1020634_846768_n.jpg