Going Megasquirt

On a side note though I have been up and running on E85 for a couple days now and being able to run higher boost all the time is awesome! :)

,Dan

We have the Ohio MS3 runing on Matts car ,did some tuning tonight, Im way excited, with a couple hrs hour of tuning we were safely hitting 15#s of boost, Pulls hard take throttle smooth, its alot of tuning but I have the best teacher on earth (Thx Bob). STOKED is an understatement. Cant wait to try the auto tune.

Bob told me that the MS3 had switched hands. I cant believe you haven't started using the WB02 and auto VE tuning, you will be in heaven when you do! I think there is a lot to be said about Bob with the help he has given me along the way.

Also there is great news I have to CNP ignition up and going now and took some video tonight with a nasty leaking header gasked! :mad: Oh well im stoked about that. Though the engine bay and everything looks terible because of the state of research and development its been in lately (Like a person coming out of plastic surgery... They are ugly now but will be better later!)
The coils are all mounted and good to go on the passenger side but as you can see in the video the driver side is Jerry rigged into place for testing because the TIG welder ran out of argon in the middle of the weld and contaminated my spare valve cover for that side so I need to make it home and get my second set of spares! :(
Either way the car is running great right now minus the exhaust leak... Here i posted some videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezge062OTOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhsBeyFMTyw

,Dan

Attachments

• 2011-06-04_14-53-17_636.jpg
    2011-06-04_14-53-17_636.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 392
Yes the plan was always for it to go on my car as he runs a fast. Just wanted to see if he could make it work, hes an amazingly smart guy, and very generous with his time. I can't wait to get the auto tune going. Does it do most of the work for you like it says it does?

Yeah Bob had told me also that it was planned for your ride. The VE autotune works great for me. Set up the commanded AFR tables and start slowly rolling into it until its close, then after your within a couple points let it rip and it will take care of it itself! My wide open AFRs are exactly on commanded AFRs during WOT and very very close at other cruising speeds. My idle speed AFRs dont matter because i use the idle VE table to manually dial in the idle AFR because due to scavenging and all that the Idle VE tuning doesnt work so well.

,Dan

Good videos, congrats on getting the coils to run. Once I figure out why my ms quit communicating with my laptop I should have the engine running soon thereafter.

That's pretty cool! When you get everything neatened up, that will be quite a unique combo. I like your reclocked turbo as well. :)

Thanks KendallF, my car is kinda like a science project on a crash course. ;) I'm always trying something new.:cool:

,Dan

Well everytime we fiddle with this thing it impresses me more. We have had one minor setback but I think Bob is on the way to finding it. Ran it to 15 LBS and around town its as smooth as a stocker.

Great! I am working with James right now trying to find a better way to control the CNP ignition with our specific crank sensor setup. Though its working great now with no issues right now as is.

,Dan

Well we took it for a ride today with a few changes, and all I can say is YESSS its finally right! the car pulled from a dead stop to 15 lbs and 5500 rpm clean and quick. Cant wait to get the boost turned up this thing is going to be an ANIMAL. Big Thanks to Bob for his time and efforts, without him I'd still be running on the stock puter also Thanks Dan for your input.
AWESOME!!!

Thats great to hear! I have spun mine on 22#s to the spark cut limiter at 6100 on CNP already on accident :eek: it was pulling so hard i got a little greedy...
Helping out is no problem for me, i'm just trying to pass on what i know its my turn now to pay it back to the turbobuick community that has helped me thus far.

,Dan

Ya I have a RJC boost controller on the way so we can crank it up. 15 lbs is all I can get right now.

Well great news, James Cortina has sent me a new Alpha firmware version that supports our trigger wheels better with CNP/COP ignition! I now have full use of the whole system. And the new code has all sorts of new features including traction control! I can't wait! :)

Dan

Our transmissions are mechanical. If you are talking about TCC lock up hats a simple ground control from the megasquirt.

Dan