Going Megasquirt

Got my RJC boost valve now i can crank up the boost and tune it for higher boost, Dan how are you controlling boost?

Using the built in electronic boost controller. I thought i was having problems with it so I got an RJC controller but I still have the same issue. I have a header leaking and i think its causing the issue. My boost goes up to 25Psi where it spikes and is pulling like crazy and then drops back down to around 18-20Psi and the gauge vibrates like crazy!:mad: Hopefully fixing the leak when i get a chance fixes it...

,Dan

Got the boost controller on it took it for a ride 21 LBS was 10.3 on the WB on 100 octane unleaded. Need more gas in the tank so I can turn it up!! LOving this MS3

Hey so Dan I noticed you figured out some code to make the 3 window crank ring work? I was just about to buy a 18 window balancer.

gs why are you running a 10.3 aft that is extremely rich! I shoot for 11.2-11.3.

12# yes I have a code that works correctly with our wheels. It is the new ms3 beta code so there are also a ton of new features! But you need to reflash your firmware in the ecm. I can send it to you in an email.

Dan

I would highly recommend it! James is a stand up guy and has spent a ton of his time working on developing the code and has catered specifically to our application needs.

Dan

gs why are you running a 10.3 aft that is extremely rich! I shoot for 11.2-11.3.

12# yes I have a code that works correctly with our wheels. It is the new ms3 beta code so there are also a ton of new features! But you need to reflash your firmware in the ecm. I can send it to you in an email.

Dan

Was out of fuel im going to turn the boost up some more today after i get more gas in it. I am shooting for 11.2 but the tank was LOWWW. I was turning it up slowly.

Finally got a dry day, Bob did some number changing took her for a ride shes running 11.0-11.2 at 22#s up till the high rpms goes a lil rich, so some VERY minor changes and I think shes ready!! LOVE this damn thing.

We used it the first time we took it out, now we are making our own adjustments. I took it for a ride last night and changed a few numbers.

If I were you id set it on veautotune with the ego correction turned off and forget about it for a while. I have my ve tables pretty much exact. Almost anywhere I go in my map im within 0.1 AFR of desired just by letting autotune do its thing. :) But then again im very picky about my tune. Lol

So how is it driving?

I just loaded the new firmware you sent me tonight. I have it working on the new laptop i intend to use in the car, running ubuntu. I am shooting to be driving the car in 2 weeks.

Any chance you could post your .msq? I have a config error that I cant figure out.

Here it is. I havent opened it to play with it in a few days but Im gunna try tonight. Keep in mind I still havent started the engine so the tune in the msq is likely way off.

Attachments

• New Firmware 7-11-11 Config Error.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 70
Wow, that cal file was so far off of a run-able tune that I decided to mod one of my old DIS gas tunes to support CNP. The things i found wrong were you had your maps all maxing at 100KPA, Oddfire, your firing order was written wrong (you will have to wire it per the schematic I sent to work correctly with our cam setting), and so on. This tune should be a good start up tune, given the VE table will be off and I didn't input for your injector size so that will need to be filled in, also you will need to disable any of the advanced outputs you aren't using. Also I have the IAC control activated. Also in my tune i have wideband 02 activated and you had a narrowband EGO activated, are you looking to tune with narrowband?:confused:

,Dan

Attachments

• Gas COP for 12#.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 114
Well I will have my MS3 car at BPG if anyone is interested in seeing it.

gs462 Any pics? Would love to see it.

Dan, I can't remember, are you using the ccci ignition module? Or are you using the raw crank and cam signals now?

I've got the o'scope on my raw crank and cam signal right now (feeding them 12v and grnd to the gry/red and blk wires respectively) and I cant get a good looking signal from either. I was hoping for a clean square wave , 5-7v raw like one would think... bah