Going Fast with Class, AZGN new personal bests.

Reaper

Pit Bitch
Congratulations to Woody Railey on a couple of personal bests at Speedworld last night. First run, with soft launch, he ran a 10.83 at 127. Second run with hard launch, he ran a 10.72 at 128. Both runs with mediocre 60' times of 1.55+ and density altitude in the 2000' (estimated) area. I know the car had a 10.6 left in it last night, but Woody elected to simply go home after that last pass and change his underwear. That's hauling ass, Woody.

also a side note. this is a full weight GN with ever option known to man on it. 372X pounds with Woody in the seat! And to top it all off ITS DRIVEN 50+ miles to the track, and get driven 50+ miles home each time!

Woody Congrats!

Good times Woody. Is that with the 55's still, or did he move up to bigger injectors? If so was it more fuel responsible for the higher mph?

still 55's.....the change I made was to ATR headers...I believe they are good for 2-3 mph on my car at 25 lbs boost...for the faster run, the other thing I did was manually shift the 2-3 at 5900, I normally let it shift itself at 5600......seemed to work:D

But why didn't you get it on video?? 5900 rpm is probably closer to the sweet spot of that 214/214 billet roller cam!:)

Originally posted by azgn
still 55's.....the change I made was to ATR headers...I believe they are good for 2-3 mph on my car at 25 lbs boost...for the faster run, the other thing I did was manually shift the 2-3 at 5900, I normally let it shift itself at 5600......seemed to work:D

How much FP did it take to keep the car from leaning out with the better exhaust, if you dont mind my asking. I am just curious as to what the limits are of the 55's with "sensible" fuel pressure

fuel pressure set at 43 lbs......I use the MaxEffort and never change the fuel pressure...just the fuel curve using the offsets and thumbwheel

Great times!!! What kind of fuel system do you have other than the 55's? Was the ME set on the richest setting and at what timing? Thanks for the info, Frank:)

stock fuel lines, ATR double pumper, 23 deg timing, thumbwheel on position C with the stock offset (24).....the weather wasn't favorable (prolly 78*).......it was running fairly fat at those settings......790 02's and egt on the low side

If you put your #'s into the good old HP calculator....
http://home.neo.rr.com/jturrin/calchp1.htm

At 3750lb race weight, running 10.72 @127.6mph you are making about 605rwhp and about 680fwhp.... Looks like it's time for some 72lb injectors!:D I would also be curious to see if you picked up any power by going MAFless (seems very possible because at some point the MAF does become a restriction)....

Just a little food for thought from the slow peanut gallery;)

AZGN,

Sent you pictures in your mail of the EGT probe installed in the ATR headers.

Skip the 72's and go for the 83's. I love mine with the ME. Idles like a stocker and you will never have to second guess the injectors! ;)

let's see, according to Joe's chart, I am right at 90% duty cycle on the 55's.........I think it has some more in it with these injectors...maybe 129 mph.....that may be as fast as I want to go with this stock block......I tried 72's, but couldn't get 'em right....so, we'll shoot for 10.5's with these and see what happens

thanks for the pix Jessie

I'll have to look at my headers again, but on mine the support bar would interfere with where you have the clamp.....how new are your headers? maybe the design changed a bit recently

Originally posted by azgn
thanks for the pix Jessie

I'll have to look at my headers again, but on mine the support bar would interfere with where you have the clamp.....how new are your headers? maybe the design changed a bit recently
I got mine about a year or so ago.

Way to go Woody:D :eek:

I might sell my 83lbs injectors and maxeffort. :(

Might sell my whole car:(

Might have change of plans due to my dads motorcycle accident:(