GNX prices from 2001 to present day??

There is a lot of discussion about the Collector Car market going on at a few other boards. The Market is adjusting
Itself. The rare correctly restored cars (Investment Grade) that are Documented with lots of paperwork will always
bring the big money while the feeding frenzy on the driver quality cars, cars needing a restoration or cars with No
Documentation is adjusting itself. Buyers are being cautious. With all of the Document Forgery and Fakes along with
the price of restoring these cars you have to be Real Careful what you buy........

The gentleman that bought my car also bought several other cars like GNX's and other GN's with very low miles within 4-5 months on ebay. He is a HUGE land developer and has substantial money to park. Perhaps he views the cars as having a better return then having money in the bank? He has a VERY large collection in Florida that he invited me down to see (never did make it down). Apparently he is big into Shelbys, Mopars, and did ALOT of buying at Barrett Jackson last year. To add to the GN's and GNX's he also has some Buick GS Stage 1 and 2 cars along with GSX's. Most likely you will see all the cars that he bought popping up forsale in 10+ years.

I have a feeling I am familiar with this person through a friend of mine. He told me one day he will take me to see a friend of his collection and from what you are describing, it may be this person.

I have to tell you, that Chicago show Challenger you were selling looked absolutely beautiful. Wish I had the cash.

There is a lot of discussion about the Collector Car market going on at a few other boards. The Market is adjusting
Itself. The rare correctly restored cars (Investment Grade) that are Documented with lots of paperwork will always
bring the big money while the feeding frenzy on the driver quality cars, cars needing a restoration or cars with No
Documentation is adjusting itself. Buyers are being cautious. With all of the Document Forgery and Fakes along with
the price of restoring these cars you have to be Real Careful what you buy........

Partly true, but there are other cars starting to come into their own right now which is going to keep it strong for little while. Look for some of the British Imports to start rising in value this upcoming season.

I have a feeling I am familiar with this person through a friend of mine. He told me one day he will take me to see a friend of his collection and from what you are describing, it may be this person.

I have to tell you, that Chicago show Challenger you were selling looked absolutely beautiful. Wish I had the cash.

Was that Challenger pink?

Thanks
Frank

I have read this thread about three times now and I think the same thing everytime . I dont know if the people who own GN are bitchin as much as responding to the GNX owners gloating . I am not saying that to flame anyone . Its just what I think everytime I read this thread .
I could buy a GNX , my wife wouldnt be happy but I could . I chose not to because I like to drive my cars and not worry to much . I have owned as many a 5 cars at one time . This GN is the first car I had to worry about everytime I walk awway from it at a car show ,store and it would never go to a mall. It would not want that feeling to be compounded to the degree of owning a GNX .
God bless you guys that bought them enjoy them. you guys just talk down to us and some people dont like it . When I sell my GN i will make more money than I paid for it and enjoyed it while I had it .thats all I care about . My neighbor offered to buy it the day I brought it home real cash .
In the end you guys are fortunate not superior just fortunate . If want to make money I will buy land not cars .

:rolleyes: Very funny stuff :biggrin:
GNX owners ...The new UPPER CRUST of the TurboBuick.com......J/K :eek:

I reread the whole thread and I can see why you would think of it as Gloating, I just don’t understand why certain people have a problem
with the Value of “Certain Cars”. Why bitch about it. Hey I want a 9560 COPO... But they are selling for $600,000 to $1,000,000 I can’t
afford it and probably never will; But I don’t second guess why they are bringing that much coin. There are some people that can, Hey; all
power to them. I could have brought the Orange Penske 9560 ZL1 for $80,000 12 years ago while at a show in Bensalem Pa. and passed
because I thought it was too much money on top of the fact I Would have had to mortgage my life away to buy it and I wanted that car real
bad... Did I screw up? Hell Yea…. SUPPLY and DEMAND. Some people on this board just think the GNX is nothing more then a GN with wheel
flares and a fancy rear. I don’t see it that way. Some people like Vanilla… Some like Chocolate. I like them both. The value of the GN and Turbo
T cars are climbing right along with the GNX. I wish I owned them all................

I am in the car business and often deal with quite desirable collector cars and you always hear stories about: "I had a (Insert car here) and sold it for (Insert price here)...I wish I still had it"......My reply ALWAYS is "You sold it for what it was worth at the time and would not have sold it if you thought it was worth more"...usually always get a clueless look after saying that.

GNX's are much like new Ferrari product. Ferrari makes a VERY limited amount of NEW cars and the DEMAND is much more than the SUPPLY. The new 599 Ferrari is going to have a MSRP of $285-$300K These cars will bring $150,000+ over MSRP because of the DEMAND for them. I only thing that I find quite odd with the GNX are the large number of low mileage cars (in the wrapper) and the fact that owners were able to predict that they are an up-and-coming collector car.

I think the pricing on the GNX's is totally justified. They are a limited production, high demand car that mkes a tremendous statement. This is what collectors desire. These cars were marketed at collectors in the frist place! The early hemi cars talked about earlier were not marketed this way. Back then cars were more often automobiles, not collectors items and treated as such. Used abused and thrown away. The GNX's were never in that category. I had my chance 5 years ago to get one for under just 30k. It had 35k miles on it. Too bad i didnt grab it. I told several friends they should consider it. None of them did. Too bad for them. I am glad the prices on TR's in general is going out of sight. Its good when only people that have money can afford them. Keeps the vendors making new stuff for them. No money=no vendor support. These things are nearly all 20 years old and the aftermarket is still very strong. If people dont continue to spend money and quit b itching on the net about everythingthe aftermarket will disappear. I hope they are 20k higher next year.

I only thing that I find quite odd with the GNX are the large number of low mileage cars (in the wrapper) and the fact that owners were able to predict that they are an up-and-coming collector car.
I dont find this odd at all. The cars were marketed toward the collectors. The MSRP was around 13k more back in 87. Thats a lot of $ back then for a regal. They were collector cars from day one and most were treated as such. Do you know anyone who had a GNX daily driver? I sure dont.

. . .It's always the guys that don't have the GNX's bithching about the prices. . .

Amen brother! I have been messing with the GN's/Turbo 6's since 86. I've driven 100's of these buicks and 15 or so GNXs. I've never owned a GNX and probably never will, But nothing compares to driving a slightly modded GNX on the street. They just ride so damn good. I have a good customer/friend who I put a new motor with ported steel heads with turbo & converter upgrade and its one of my favorite cars to drive. I call him up to tell him its time to change the oil just so i can take it around the block.:)
Are GNX's worth the money??? Its not for me to decide. I dont have the money to buy one anyway. But to someone who does, i'll I can tell you is "DRIVE IT"!!! You cant take it with you when your gone! :cool:
CC

If you see a GN on the road, its cool. You see a GNX, you tell someone. THATS THE DIFFERENCE. Whether you agree on its value or not, everyone recognizes its "next level" over the GN in OEM form.
If speed/HP is your gauge at making a GN modded greater than a GNX as argued, (thus making the value hard to justify) then my buddys 750 WHP daily driven 92 civic HB owns most of us.
If you think a C6Zo6 is a better deal buy one. They ARE faster, handle better, etc etc. However, In 10 years, the GNX will be $100K+ all day, that C6Z06 wont be, theres too many already.
What makes the GNX cool, is it is an investment you can drive, and make money. Its a mutual fund that does burn outs!

BTW, the reason most GNXs were in the wrapper or low mile is easy. Wealthy GN owners bought most of them new.
A local ATL man bought an 86 GN, then in 87 bought 2 gray Ts, a white T, and 3 more GNs. Then PREPAID for a GNX. He was buying cars at such volume because of foresight. He is RICH, UBER rich because of this gift. He did the same thing w/ other cars that hit a niche market.
So far the Buicks have had the greatest pay off.