GNX prices from 2001 to present day??

I don't want my rear end to come up when im in the throttle.. I want the weight over the tires and the rear end hammered down on those tires...

We Do want the rear coming up. Think of it as pushing the tires down to the ground. When the rear comes down, it is actually unloading the tires.

Be happy not bitter

It is sad to see some turbo regal owners bash the prices of GNX'S but you won't see them selling their cars for 5 to 10k either, you can thank the GNX value for rising the rest of the turbos in the 20-25k range

It is sad to see some turbo regal owners bash the prices of GNX'S but you won't see them selling their cars for 5 to 10k either, you can thank the GNX value for rising the rest of the turbos in the 20-25k range

So right Nick :cool:

How's the GNX doing up there in the cold :D

Can not understand the value of a old car...

I can buy 2 GNX's @ top dollar if I wanted....but this is why I will not ....currently I own 3 Turbo regals... #1 GN 28k miles... #2 Limited leather 29k miles #3 Limited blue on blue w02 75k miles...and I have owned more then 10 others... The GN'S and TTA'S are on the move price wise and have the same nostalgia image as the GNX...who can really tell anyway unless you know the era?.... I will pay what I feel I want to spend on these older cars...with this I am speaking from a collector/loyalty Enthusiast...Buick turbo lover perspective.... well here it goes... why and I mean why does a car that is 20 plus years old and this would include many of the older Hemi cars and so on have a ridiculous value? I assume the availability and the "hold on will not sell" factor has much to do with it... you want it you gotta pay for it... I say keep your cars... I will buy quality and technology and have the loot to spare.....SO for $70k which is about a 5k mile GNX will bring I can buy a 2006 Z06...it has Nav...gets 30 mpg .. a warranty....runs a 1/4 in low 11's @125 mph all for about $60k used with under 2k miles and have 10k left to put down on a nice piece of real estate somewhere... if I was paying cash... try to finance a GNX with a decent interest rate nothing like a newer car rate and get reamed big time... paying $1200 a month on a car 20 years old with bad paint, drum rear brakes... and old school technology can be someone else's cup of tea.....The GNX'S, GN'S and the T's were the fastest of their time...ran low 13's @100-105 stock.. I just saw a 2006 IS350 lexus run a 13.4@103 bone stock the other day.... you can get one these used for about $30k if you look around....and this lexus is just a mid size semi performance car... not anywhere on the top list.....a 2002 ws6 TA with a Auto will run a 13 flat @107 on a good day... these cars can be had for $12k .....I also own a 2005 E55 benz....this car can cover the 1/4 in 12.00@ 116 bone stock.. and run to 160mph without even trying hard... rides on air ... and has a interior noise level of a passenger airliner..seriously....my buicks are dead at 100 plus mph and feel like they have a anchor being towed behind em....too much drag ...and the wind noise well we all know the doors are not full frame so you get the wind coming in most of the time...I paid a ****ping $50k for my benz...15 times more advanced then my Turbo regals....I guess what I am saying is that if you just want to invest in these cars... maybe that might work but for buying one to drive on the weekends ... paying crazy amounts of money for very little car doesnt make any sense....yeah yeah we will say " they dont make them anymore" and I have said that a million times...it is true.. but on a level where these cars should be maybe under $30k not over $50k....you only live once ... going back in time is cool but the way cars are being made today... wow....you get a lot for your money in most cases and some are wicked fast stop on a dime and the manufacturing quality has been incredible in the last few years even on KOREAN cars........nostalgia is great as long as you dont sell your soul to get it....I still and always will love my Buicks....I will pay a reasonable amount for them and wont pay more for one then it deserves...

I did not need a bigger turbo to beat a $80,000 Gnx did that with a stock turbo
It is not about speed any longer, it is about owning probably the only true collector car from the 80's. Tell me one other car from the 80's that has done as well as a GNX? Hint, none.

Just look at where the GS455/GSX market is at now compared to 10 years ago.

You can say that for just about any Muscle Car from the 60's and 70's. 6 Years ago I could have paid $25K for a pristine 66 GT350, ask Grumpy what it would be worth 6 years later.

About 9 months ago I sold my 87 GN with 800 miles on it on ebay for $33,500.

Herb, what every happened to those people. For a while, they were buying darn near everything in sight.

How's the GNX doing up there in the cold :D

Listen to you. Enjoying southern living?

I thought there were 7 convert's :confused: PLUS remember guys that Hemi is 35-40 years old :eek:

Not to mention, when was the last time you saw any original, hard top or vert go for $100K. Hate to say they are worth at least three times that or more.

Herb, what every happened to those people. For a while, they were buying darn near everything in sight.
?

The gentleman that bought my car also bought several other cars like GNX's and other GN's with very low miles within 4-5 months on ebay. He is a HUGE land developer and has substantial money to park. Perhaps he views the cars as having a better return then having money in the bank? He has a VERY large collection in Florida that he invited me down to see (never did make it down). Apparently he is big into Shelbys, Mopars, and did ALOT of buying at Barrett Jackson last year. To add to the GN's and GNX's he also has some Buick GS Stage 1 and 2 cars along with GSX's. Most likely you will see all the cars that he bought popping up forsale in 10+ years.

Greg,

It's always the guys that don't have the GNX's bithching about the prices. It is what it is. They will always bring big money. Who cares if some guys enjoy looking at them in the garage. I just sold my 900 mile car last week. I loved looking at it for the year I owned it, and loved over doubling my $$$ :cool:

Better return than anywhere I can think of. This topic gets beat to death by guys who are not fortunate enough to own one. If they owned one,it would be worth a million dollars !!!

Jeff you are absolutely right, It’s usually the people who don’t have one or can not afford to own one who bitch. I
have been in this hobby for a long time and I have wanted a GNX since 1987. My first love is the 70-71 Z/28 and
L78 Camaro’s. I had the opportunity to drive friends GNX 2 years ago and I just had to have one. Unfortunately
I missed the boat and had to pay today’s market price for the right car. But at the same time I have watched a
few of my other cars Quadruple in Value over the last 2 years. So if I ever sell I guess I will reap the benefits of
owning them. I did not want a GNX someone else had beat to the ground. I have brought and sold a lot of Muscle cars
through the years so I know what I wanted and was willing to pay the price for the right car from the right person.
The Turbo Buick market has softened a bit but I did not buy the car to make money. I brought it because I wanted it.
If it is worth $150,000 in a few years that’s Great; But I have No Intentions of ever selling the car so I really don’t
Give a Rat’s Ass what people think it’s worth; or Not Worth. Life is too short so I enjoy and appreciate what I have.
Jeff (twinvipers) was an absolute pleasure to deal with and the car was better then he described. I will be talking
Highly about him for years to come. Thanks Again Jeff #438 has found a Good Home for a Long Time, :)

if i could find a good gnx i would probably sell a couple of mine to get one...had a chance to buy a friends gnx this year...have first baby on the way and was eliminating debt first oh yea also have a tsm car almost done so i did not try....will have one someday...you can count on that

the only prob I see with the GNX's now are you are afraid to drive them ... especially low low milage one's ... to me they are just "another" car BUT I am from a different generation "old muscle cars" .. I drive Melissa's GN when I can steal it from her (hey ya can't drive 2 cars at once :eek: ) and you wouldn't believe the comments and gawker's I get driving it .. new generation of kids now are mostly "ricer's" :rolleyes: I have a 66 Shelby that I bought in 1975 and drove it for one summer ... been in a barn since :eek: :p do whatever ya want to do .. life is short :p

still up north and getting cooler

hey Jeff GNX is tucked away for winter congrats on selling yours to someone who appreciates these cars. People (some) just don't get the collector car market, a ton of new cars will blow away yesterdays muscle but it's about demand and supply, the older they get less are available. 1995 Trans am beats a 69 Camaro, which car do you want?:confused: :confused:

Jeff you are absolutely right, It’s usually the people who don’t have one or can not afford to own one who bitch. I
have been in this hobby for a long time and I have wanted a GNX since 1987. My first love is the 70-71 Z/28 and
L78 Camaro’s. I had the opportunity to drive friends GNX 2 years ago and I just had to have one. Unfortunately
I missed the boat and had to pay today’s market price for the right car. But at the same time I have watched a
few of my other cars Quadruple in Value over the last 2 years. So if I ever sell I guess I will reap the benefits of
owning them. I did not want a GNX someone else had beat to the ground. I have brought and sold a lot of Muscle cars
through the years so I know what I wanted and was willing to pay the price for the right car from the right person.
The Turbo Buick market has softened a bit but I did not buy the car to make money. I brought it because I wanted it.
If it is worth $150,000 in a few years that’s Great; But I have No Intentions of ever selling the car so I really don’t
Give a Rat’s Ass what people think it’s worth; or Not Worth. Life is too short so I enjoy and appreciate what I have.
Jeff (twinvipers) was an absolute pleasure to deal with and the car was better then he described. I will be talking
Highly about him for years to come. Thanks Again Jeff #438 has found a Good Home for a Long Time, :)

Mark,

I'm glad it went to you. You were also a gentleman all the way.Didn't know you had an 81Z though. I want it !!! Any pic's ?

hey Jeff GNX is tucked away for winter congrats on selling yours to someone who appreciates these cars. People (some) just don't get the collector car market, a ton of new cars will blow away yesterdays muscle but it's about demand and supply, the older they get less are available. 1995 Trans am beats a 69 Camaro, which car do you want?:confused: :confused:

Nick,

It went to good home luckily.

Hope all is well.

I will send you some pictures Jeff but I am not really looking to sell it, the car is Absolutely Gorgeous with a binder full
of Documentation and paperwork. It is started and exercised at least once a month; Weather Permitting…..

Aware of the performance of today's cars

I am aware of the muscle of today's cars....A C6Z06 costs $60k and a 15k mile GNX costs $60k which would you rather have? You cant take the cars to the grave with you.....Supply and demand and the demand brings the average price up....greed plays a big role is some cases.... and $50k plus can buy a lot of car nowadays....I made the statement in reference to the amount of money someone is willing to pay for a car that is 20 plus years old...I have three turbo Buicks... all cost me less then $45k and $20k then one GNX....the GNX simply put is a "spawn" of the original GN....I guess the way I see it.... You have one GN or GNX...same ride and same car overall....just one was built with add-ons at an outside company giving the car more prestige....Dollar for dollar....the GNX and Gn should't be $40k apart....and a car shouldnt fetch an amount of money beyond its build quality....

I remeber seeing a mint GNX in deals on wheels magazine when I was 15 and never heard of one at the time. I thought "Holy crap $18,000 for that old car!!!" That was around 1997.

Why is it that these threads always go from the love of the car to the love of money? I would imagine if you were really into the GNX or GN than WTF cares how much its worth. IMO they are great cars and still would be great even if they were worth nothing. To me the real appreciation isn't monetary but the acknowledgement I get whether its a thumbs up from some passing motorist or the fact that I've been with the turbo Buicks since day one. Even longer if you want to include the original carb turbos. If you didn't buy a GNX new off the showroom than you can consider yourself in it for the money unless you still have it. I'm not harping on you Johnny come latelys because if it wasn't for you than us "have nots" wouldn't be bitching. Please what ever you do dont call it envy! I could care less if you have the money to buy a GNX! I do not envy you! I never will! And I cetainly dont want you to envy me. Money can buy you a car but it wont get you any respect, not from me anyway.

Now lets turn this into a "how do you like my new Rolex" or "new 7 figure house" thread if you dont agree with me and the thread starter.

and a car shouldnt fetch an amount of money beyond its build quality....

guess you never looked at a 427 Cobra :eek: bare bones.. birdcage to hold the aluminum body on :eek: .. cars will bring what people will pay ... plain an simple :p