GNX prices from 2001 to present day??

VETROC

I remember back in August of 2001 I negotiated a deal to buy a GNX w/ less than 600 miles on it from a gentleman in PA for $32,000.00. At the last minute, I backed out because the Z06 I had been waiting on finally arrived. Still kicking myself!!! :mad: What the heck happened to the pricing on these cars? I know that the prices have been up and down for years, but nothing like the past 3 years.

20th year is approching and collectors are jumping. TTA's are the cars to get. Still cheap enough to buy and sit on. If you can find a more rare TTA like cloth t-top or hard top, you will be in on close to the same thing. Lots of GN people think their cars will follow suite with wishful thinking, but it;s going to be the rare TTA's following next. Lead a horse to water type deal.

Buy a rare TTA now and pay your mortgage off with it later. Housing market is in a slump and collectors are spending more money on cars. But dont listen to me, I never done this before:biggrin:
This is only my humble opinion from experience.

I remember back in August of 2001 I negotiated a deal to buy a GNX w/ less than 600 miles on it from a gentleman in PA for $32,000.00. At the last minute, I backed out because the Z06 I had been waiting on finally arrived. Still kicking myself!!! :mad: What the heck happened to the pricing on these cars? I know that the prices have been up and down for years, but nothing like the past 3 years.

The herb is good in those pipes the Gnx owners are smoking I quess!:eek:

Its all a cruel joke.

Retards stuff them away so they can stare at it and brag about owning one.

Course what good is it sitting on 4 carpet squares?

Its sad, I hate auctions to, too much testosterone and not enough brain.

depends on the demand...as simple as that ... back in the "day" 427 Cobra's went from low to mid $10k... 6 months later $30k :eek: plus low production #s :cool:

20th year is approching and collectors are jumping. TTA's are the cars to get. Still cheap enough to buy and sit on. If you can find a more rare TTA like cloth t-top or hard top, you will be in on close to the same thing. Lots of GN people think their cars will follow suite with wishful thinking, but it;s going to be the rare TTA's following next. Lead a horse to water type deal.

Buy a rare TTA now and pay your mortgage off with it later. Housing market is in a slump and collectors are spending more money on cars. But dont listen to me, I never done this before:biggrin:
This is only my humble opinion from experience.

I don't think the TTA's will ever command the same sort of $ that the GNX's do. It's a shame since they're awesome cars. It's about the only thing I'd trade my Buick for:frown:

Its not retarted, its not crazy its AWESOME! Sell one and you'll think like I do. I sold 3 GNs , a Turbo T and a GNX this year.... Realizing that bone stock GNs in low ultra mile are in the $30K range (I sold 2 in 06 for over $30K btw...GN, not GNX) So I disagree again that GNs will never get there, they already are. TTAs may get there, but I am unaware of any there ($30K+ all stockers) yet. They (GNs) are now where GNXs were 6 years ago. To see GNXs actually sell over $100K is gonna be rare today, unless all GNX owners stiffen up and refuse to sell for less. Otherwise its only gonna be a low mile all documented early #, or last run #..... outside that they are $75K cars in perfect shape w/ all the papers, book, and jacket FWIW.
But 07 may rewrite the book on this as well.

Rare and worth every cent

It is awesome! my gnx has 400 miles on it I plan on putting at least 200 miles on it during the summer and I would never sell it for less than 100,000. This may sound greedy but I paid 85k for it. These are rare and with all docs these have hemi status written all over it.

They are rare, but HEMI status??? How many HEMI CUDA's were produced? I know there was only 1 convert, not sure how many coupes. Anyone in here know the number?

Here is my take on it... okay 547 made.. rare.. good.

Now... basically a gn with some plastic flares , side vents, black mesh wheels, warner gauges (all turbo regals should have come with this) and a really cool diff cover with a torque arm. All this and they bring $80 grand? well.. whatever floats your boat...

They are rare, but HEMI status??? How many HEMI CUDA's were produced? I know there was only 1 convert, not sure how many coupes. Anyone in here know the number?

I thought there were 7 convert's :confused: PLUS remember guys that Hemi is 35-40 years old :eek:

Here is my take on it... okay 547 made.. rare.. good.

Now... basically a gn with some plastic flares , side vents, black mesh wheels, warner gauges (all turbo regals should have come with this) and a really cool diff cover with a torque arm. All this and they bring $80 grand? well.. whatever floats your boat...

YOU COULD ALSO SAY THAT A GN/GNX IS JUST A REGAL WITH EMBLEMS AND A TURBO. NOT MUCH MORE THEN THAT STOCK BUT THEY SURE ARE POPULAR THESE DAYS..... IT'S STILL NOT AN INVESTMENT BY ANY STANDARDS.

IF YOU BOUGHT A GNX FOR $35K OUT THE DOOR AT YOUR LOCAL BUICK DEALERSHIP BACK IN 1987 AND TOOK THAT $35K AND INVESTED IT FOR 19 YEARS AT 8-10% HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD HAVE TODAY? IT MIGHT BE WORTH MORE MONEY THEN OTHER CARS FROM THAT ERA BUT IT IS NO INVESTMENT!

Compound Interest Calculator

Another general rule of thumb to consider is the GNX is a numbered car. The production number is right on the dash. Same goes, more or less on sequenced VINs like the Sy/Ty where you can see where it stands assuming you know how many were made. One reason why Hemis also fetch more money is because all are documented from the factory. You can find out how rare a certain combo is. All you have on a TR is the SPID label and even than we dont know how many sage or magnolia colored cars were built. I'd say give it a couple of more years before a low mileage GN hits $30K. Just look at where the GS455/GSX market is at now compared to 10 years ago. Of course if your TR was a DD than it will never be in the same class or price range as a lower mileage example. I hope you guys saved all of your old parts. Look at how many GNX's,hemis and GS's are modified. Only the original and unmodified cars are getting that type of money.

I'd say give it a couple of more years before a low mileage GN hits $30K.

About 9 months ago I sold my 87 GN with 800 miles on it on ebay for $33,500. Some people like to have the $$ in the bank while others like to have it in something material. I feel fortunate to have a GNX with some miles on it as its great to drive them; there is nothing like the feeling of the rear end rising under acceleration.

About 9 months ago I sold my 87 GN with 800 miles on it on ebay for $33,500. Some people like to have the $$ in the bank while others like to have it in something material. I feel fortunate to have a GNX with some miles on it as its great to drive them; there is nothing like the feeling of the rear end rising under acceleration.

Ditto, I sold a 955 mile for $33.500, and a 37 mile in plastic for $32,000... considering the pair were bought new at Conley in 87 for $32K...it was a strong investment for a car (not by Real Estate standards though) The GNX we had was sold at high market 12 months ago, which is low market now.

If you say it only a blah blah blah GNX is ONLY.... you just dont get it. Its not the car is that great, (I believe they are pretty awesome) its that buyers think it is. We ALL know any t-type w/ a TA49 and a lil boost will walk a GNX, but the point is OEM speed, availability, and the low build #s. It baffles me the haters against what is the ONLY 80s muscle car, and the REAL beginning of turbo HIGH perf in America from an OEM level....AND its a Buick.
Realizing the GNX surge, it WILL trickle all the way down. If the GNX was a $10K car today vs $100K....your 84 Gn would be a $500 car, and a 87 would never break $5k. Be happy the GNX is holding/gaining value, it may never be affordable, but your GN may get "unaffordable" for some, and that will bring us all $ if we ever sell. ESPECIALLY the unmolested ones.
The point is very few car Appreciate, we are in them weather its GNX or GN... close to stock cars are really solid investments, and more fun to drive than a big piece of dirt in a neighboring county.

Ditto, I sold a 955 mile for $33.500, and a 37 mile in plastic for $32,000... considering the pair were bought new at Conley in 87 for $32K...it was a strong investment for a car (not by Real Estate standards though) The GNX we had was sold at high market 12 months ago, which is low market now.

If you say it only a blah blah blah GNX is ONLY.... you just dont get it. Its not the car is that great, (I believe they are pretty awesome) its that buyers think it is. We ALL know any t-type w/ a TA49 and a lil boost will walk a GNX, but the point is OEM speed, availability, and the low build #s. It baffles me the haters against what is the ONLY 80s muscle car, and the REAL beginning of turbo HIGH perf in America from an OEM level....AND its a Buick.
Realizing the GNX surge, it WILL trickle all the way down. If the GNX was a $10K car today vs $100K....your 84 Gn would be a $500 car, and a 87 would never break $5k. Be happy the GNX is holding/gaining value, it may never be affordable, but your GN may get "unaffordable" for some, and that will bring us all $ if we ever sell. ESPECIALLY the unmolested ones.
The point is very few car Appreciate, we are in them weather its GNX or GN... close to stock cars are really solid investments, and more fun to drive than a big piece of dirt in a neighboring county.

I am not hating the car.. I just can't justify spending that kind of money on a glorified Gn.. I did not need a bigger turbo to beat a $80,000 Gnx did that with a stock turbo... Its the people who own them.. they think they are SO different than a Gn.. ummm might need to think that one over. I don't want my rear end to come up when im in the throttle.. I want the weight over the tires and the rear end hammered down on those tires... Even if I had the money I would not spend $80 grand to get mesh wheels and a jacket straight out of smokey and the bandit ...

Its not retarted, its not crazy its AWESOME! Sell one and you'll think like I do. I sold 3 GNs , a Turbo T and a GNX this year.... Realizing that bone stock GNs in low ultra mile are in the $30K range (I sold 2 in 06 for over $30K btw...GN, not GNX) So I disagree again that GNs will never get there, they already are. TTAs may get there, but I am unaware of any there ($30K+ all stockers) yet. They (GNs) are now where GNXs were 6 years ago. To see GNXs actually sell over $100K is gonna be rare today, unless all GNX owners stiffen up and refuse to sell for less. Otherwise its only gonna be a low mile all documented early #, or last run #..... outside that they are $75K cars in perfect shape w/ all the papers, book, and jacket FWIW.
But 07 may rewrite the book on this as well.

Greg,

It's always the guys that don't have the GNX's bithching about the prices. It is what it is. They will always bring big money. Who cares if some guys enjoy looking at them in the garage. I just sold my 900 mile car last week. I loved looking at it for the year I owned it, and loved over doubling my $$$ :cool:

Better return than anywhere I can think of. This topic gets beat to death by guys who are not fortunate enough to own one. If they owned one,it would be worth a million dollars !!!

I won't lie, if I had the means I would own a GNX garage queen and continue using my T as the one I mod and go fast with.

GNX #546 sold in VA about 8 years ago for $69,000 I believe, that bad boy today would sell for over $100,000. I had many of daydreams looking at the autotrader with it in it, I believe it lasted 3 weeks before someone bought it.

I won't lie, if I had the means I would own a GNX garage queen and continue using my T as the one I mod and go fast with.

GNX #546 sold in VA about 8 years ago for $69,000 I believe, that bad boy today would sell for over $100,000. I had many of daydreams looking at the autotrader with it in it, I believe it lasted 3 weeks before someone bought it.

Nice to see someone without a GNX say that.

Hey Guys,
Go on KBB.com or NADA.com. and check the "real world" value of a "plain jane" GN. Bet it is probably worth more than most any car older than 4-5 years. EVEN with over 100k on the odometer. GN or GNX owners be thankful these cars are moving up in value. Drive Em! Late model cars are worth half what you give for them in a couple years!