gnx 532 stolen

they were gonna get it no matter wat? based on wat exactly? ur ASSUMTION that they went there with a truck and trailer to steal it? "they mite have trailored it out to avoid suspicion?" yea a truck and trailer with a GNX on the back wud really be avoiding suspicion lmao.... dude do u read ur shit before u actually post it cause u sound ridiculous!

they had no idea wat kinda theft deterrent there was until they actually got there so ur ASSUMPTIONS are based on nothing other then the possibility that if they cudnt hot-wire it they wud have brought in the truck and trailer. thats a pretty WEAK assumption considering nearly all cars stolen these days are hot-wired NOT trailered away. and the reason their trailered away is because most ppl like YOU just assume a $5 kill switch wasn't installed and they rarely are.

in the world of MAYBE'S...... I'll take my chances with a $5 kill switch over that sinking gut wrenching feeling of coming home and knowing MAYBE my GNX mite still b there if I had spent $5 on a kill switch vs. knowing some little asshole is out there doing 200 foot burnouts with my prized possession.....:rolleyes:

Guys they broke into an empty house and probably had time with the car to figure things out. They were going to get the car no matter what. They might even have trailered it out to avoid suspicion. Unless your $5 theft deterent was a new slug for your Smith and Wesson, the car was gone.

they were gonna get it no matter wat? based on wat exactly? ur ASSUMTION that they went there with a truck and trailer to steal it? "they mite have trailored it out to avoid suspicion?" yea a truck and trailer with a GNX on the back wud really be avoiding suspicion lmao.... dude do u read ur shit before u actually post it cause u sound ridiculous!

they had no idea wat kinda theft deterrent there was until they actually got there so ur ASSUMPTIONS are based on nothing other then the possibility that if they cudnt hot-wire it they wud have brought in the truck and trailer. thats a pretty WEAK assumption considering nearly all cars stolen these days are hot-wired NOT trailered away. and the reason their trailered away is because most ppl like YOU just assume a $5 kill switch wasn't installed and they rarely are.

in the world of MAYBE'S...... I'll take my chances with a $5 kill switch over that sinking gut wrenching feeling of coming home and knowing MAYBE my GNX mite still b there if I had spent $5 on a kill switch vs. knowing some little asshole is out there doing 200 foot burnouts with my prized possession.....:rolleyes:
I stand corrected. You are exactly right.
We are all here hoping the best for this recovered car.

I know this thread is 5 years old, BUT..this just turned up and it shows #532???

http://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/Details.cfm?VID=6948286&Year=1987&Make=BUICK&Model=GNX

Nice detective work - and good job remembering the # (y)
Hopefully this all works out, and all that is left is a "lesson" to buy insurance.
IIRC, in cases of stolen cars like this, the "current owner" will end up with nothing [unless they are the crook, then they get to go to jail] as the car goes back to its original home.

Florida guys! Someone needs to get down to that dealer right away!!!!!!
Someone down there get involved and do it now!

Has the owner/victim been made aware? If we were to go to the dealer, we would need the owner and proof of ownership to also show up and prove the car is his or hers. It would probably end up in front of a judge also while the car is held by police.

The GNX is now owned by the insurance company that paid it out to it's client. After this amount of time there is a good chance it will be claimed as a complete right off. It will go to auction (Copart ,Impact) and be sold as salvage. There is a SLIM possibly it will get rejoined with it's original ownership, but time is against it. Hope this all works out for the sake of a GNX remaining a GNX

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That vin does not come back stolen so either it was revinned or its not the car and someone made it #532. If anyone knows the owner, have them contact me.

The GNX is now owned by the insurance company that paid it out to it's client. After this amount of time there is a good chance it will be claimed as a complete right off. It will go to auction (Copart ,Impact) and be sold as salvage. There is a SLIM possibly it will get rejoined with it's original ownership, but time is against it. Hope this all works out for the sake of a GNX remaining a GNX

From a much earlier post, Back in 2010, is was stated that the owner did not have this car insured. If this is the case it belongs to him an him alone!
If it's not coming up as stolen something is fishy. Either way....if it was me, I would want every one of my Buick buddies within a hundred miles to get involved and find out what the deal is!
Raise hell! Put up a picket line in front of the dealership! Go down there with a blood thirsty team of lawyers! Go in shooting! Ruthlessly engage in questionable behavior! Whatever it takes!

^^^I would be one to get involved but we need the owner to come forward. If he/she doesn't care then no victim-no crime unfortunately. Can anyone get a hold of the owner? Anyone have a name for the owner?

Seems like the original thread starter (thessman) needs to be reached. Does anyone know this guy?

Read the op post... No insurance.

^^^I would be one to get involved but we need the owner to come forward. If he/she doesn't care then no victim-no crime unfortunately. Can anyone get a hold of the owner? Anyone have a name for the owner?
I just checked his profile. It led me to a link for a performance shop in Sarasotta Florida. Their clossed, I called and left a message.

I just pm'd the original poster. Lets see if he contacts me. I have some information that could help him/them.

Wait a minute.........

I just noticed. Did any of you guys pick-up on the fact that after the first post, he never wrote a single follow-up? Seem strange?

I really wan't to help this guy out. Because if my car was stolen 5 years ago, I would have been dead a long time ago by means of suicide.

However, I hope this isn't a scam.

I did too, either the no insurance statement was not true or they just gave up. It does seem fishy. Like I said, the vin, assuming it is correct, does not comeback stolen and it does not come back as a salvage title. Lots of questions but we will give him the benefit of the doubt. Lets see if they are interested in the help.

Yep, I left a haphazzard message. But my return phone number was explicitly clear. Lets see if they call back.