gnx 532 stolen

You guys down there in Florida really need to be carefull what you post on here. I have been paying very close attention to a few people on this board and their posts. I have a good feeling they are on here trying to find where the cars are. If that car hasnt moved in two years, somebody who knows your friend or your friend mentioned what he had to the wrong person and word spread. It's not like these thieves are walking around in a gated community looking into people garages for Grand Nationals. Just be careful down there.

x2 Not just Florida...but everywhere. I have only been a member for a few months not and it seems like every anther week there is another stolen gn(X). WTF? Some people on here can't sell there GNs but it seems that everyone can get theirs stolen, beat up, kicked, scratched. You can't park anywhere, you can't leave it anywhere...and now you CAN NOT LEAVE IT IN A GATED COMMUNITY!!!!:mad: Sounds like an inside job with extra inside info. I still have not gotten mine "appraised". That will be rectified in about 7 days. Just SICK of it.:mad: The flames on top of my bald head have just gotten hotter.

FORGET the homeowners covering it....Most cars are not covered if they are running, and complete. BTDT.. When I was building my HEMI car, I asked about this very thing. I was told by Cotton States, if the car is under construction, and I can prove the value, it "MAY" be covered. If it's complete, it's either a policy written on the car, or NO coverage....
2nd, if the house is empty, and the owner did not notify the ins company of the vacancy, he may get another surprize... no coverage. Once a home is vacated, the ins rates skyrocket. No notice.. sorry bout the fire....BTDT on this one, too.
No coverage on a $100K car...Just plain DUMB.

No reward??

Sorry to hear this!!! I would take my life savings (and borrow more) for a large reward!!!! Find this lo-life punk and make sure he would never get his hands on another vehicle for the rest of his life....there gotta be someone out there with information,expecially in the turbo buick network.. We need to keep our eyes and ears open!!!!!

FWIW, if one is storing a car like this for any period of time, would'nt be feasable to disable it in some way where it cannot be started?:confused:

FWIW, if one is storing a car like this for any period of time, would'nt be feasable to disable it in some way where it cannot be started?:confused:

Like maybe...not having the Hot Wire kit hooked up? No plugs/wires?:rolleyes: Then at least they would have to come back with their own supplies.

stolen GNX

nothing is safe anymore if they want it they will get it:mad:
i bought a 1989 TTA and boxed it in with big cars they still took it:mad:

Like maybe...not having the Hot Wire kit hooked up? No plugs/wires?:rolleyes: Then at least they would have to come back with their own supplies.

I keep mine booby-trapped and it's stored in the boon-docks, not kidding...

I keep mine booby-trapped and it's stored in the boon-docks, not kidding...

...and would you care to share how the "booby":eek: will be trapped?:cool: (By the way now you got that song stuck in my head. "Put the needle on the record...as the drum beat goes like this!")

haha, well, no I wouldn't care to share how the boob will be snared, but it will be with great speed and velocity.

They should be treated like horse and cattle thieves were in the old days. :mad: I got the feeling someone may be after my car as our neighbor's dogs barks endlessly into the pasture almost every night since I got it running. Like someone else mentioned, can't even drive it anywhere without getting a door ding or a scratch put on it. Somebody put 6-7 chips on my windshield last month when I drove it to work. I'd be stomping on someone's face if I knew who did it:mad:

haha, well, no I wouldn't care to share how the boob will be snared, but it will be with great speed and velocity.

:eek: That's cruel an unusual punishment! Mount a camera to see the turd's facial expression if it ever happens:D Tuck-n-Roll won't help much.

my insurance agent is very young and super HOT!!! she may be wrong (she's been before), but she told me that allstate homeowners will only cover a vehicle in the garage, if the tires are not on it????? anyone ever here this?

I hate to say it but start at all your "friend's" places first.
Was the house rented with the cars in the garage? look up your previous tenants new addresses and stop by to say hi with your eyes wide open.
Whir the house and garage being shown to possible new renters? check them out too.
did you have an open house recently?
Are you the type to talk about about your garage furniture?
Did the car have a car cover? did the car cover hide the car?
Did you have some one (cop or private) check for finger prints?
a lot of leg work to do and no one is going to do it so get going.

Like some one else said a big reward is a good idea a POS will roll on a POS.
Good luck dude.

you might want to look into who was living in the rental property or who has looked at the property as well as the company your friend keeps also look for some one who is trying to find a plain jane regal to do the ol parts switch-a-roo. or better yet post an ad for selling a buick regal (shell only) with a title and see who bites

my insurance agent is very young and super HOT!!! she may be wrong (she's been before), but she told me that allstate homeowners will only cover a vehicle in the garage, if the tires are not on it????? anyone ever here this?

I actually just had a meeting with my insurance agent on Tuesday (State Farm) and put "storage" insurance on my Regal. My renter's insurance will cover my tools and all car parts that are not actually on the car, but not the car itself, in the event of theft or fire (I need to call back and ask about Tornados). Essentially, it's just comprehensive coverage without the liability coverage. Price? $1.81 a month. For that price, I couldn't say no. I'll have the same on the GLHS as soon as I fax her the VIN.

BTW, I'll repost this GNX on my Mopar board, more eyes the better I figure.

Stolen GNX

The most unforginate part of all this is that a rare car will be hacked up and sold for pennies on the dollar. All the while the dirt bags that stole the car looking for a quick buck not even realizing that they have a 100,000.00 vehicle. That my friends is the true accessment of a stolen vehicle. It's just really sad that a vehicle of this magnitude did not have insurance on it. Even if it was for financial reasons I would think that if I had to make the choice I would have to ride without insurance on my daily driver. Sad choice but true. One thing that I have learned about these cars is that they come with such prestige about them that no neighborhood is safe. And everyone is suspect. The fact is they are very desireable to all peoples and especially thieves.

A car like this in storage needs to be disabled, for gods sake put a sattrack gps motion detector on it. Anyone even touches my car it sends me a text, e-mail and calls my home to alert motion less than $1,000 !! Does not matter how fast they can deactivate any alarm the signal is sent hope I'm out of town and call the police !! If I come.... lets say the My uncle Sam taught me well you won't steel again.

Attachments

• Springfield_1911A1_Loaded.jpg
    Springfield_1911A1_Loaded.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 228
Very SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ANOTHER STOLEN BUICK!!!!!

Hopefully the person responsible will be CAUGHT!!!

JD