GNS Performance TSR - (Turbo Street Radial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott, I see in the rules that there must be a front swaybar and attached, I know that there rules but some of us might not run them, as in my case I have tublar A arms and I believe that there is no attachment for the bar, not trying to get you to change the rules but I sure want to try and run in this class, besides the car weighes 3990 to 4000 lbs with me in it, so I got to try and lighten it up somehow. :) Jr.

Scott, I see in the rules that there must be a front swaybar and attached, I know that there rules but some of us might not run them, as in my case I have tublar A arms and I believe that there is no attachment for the bar, not trying to get you to change the rules but I sure want to try and run in this class, besides the car weighes 3990 to 4000 lbs with me in it, so I got to try and lighten it up somehow. :) Jr.
JR I understand where your coming from and I'm not sure what type a-arms you have but I know of several guy's that have tubular A arms and running a large front sway bar. I have the rules this way because because when it's removed it is a weight transfer helper and I want everyone to be on an even playing field as much as possible.

The rules seem to be in great shape with the help of some others. I really look forward to seeing this class take off and even more, The times! :biggrin:

Thanks for your interest in TSR!

Scot W.

I noticed someone said there may be a high horsepower TSM car with radials might join in. One question how many TSM cars still has there A/C box?;) I think the rules are as good as I have seen for any class to date!!! This will be best class out there imho!

I noticed someone said there may be a high horsepower TSM car with radials might join in. One question how many TSM cars still has there A/C box?;) I think the rules are as good as I have seen for any class to date!!! This will be best class out there imho!

I bet you may see big HP TSM motor in a car is what I was referring too. Waiting to see how many cars at 110+ mph. That will no doubt be a pedal fest!! Keep the shiny side up...

I bet you may see big HP TSM motor in a car is what I was referring too. Waiting to see how many cars at 110+ mph. That will no doubt be a pedal fest!! Keep the shiny side up...
Can't wait to see peoples combinations and what they do to try and hold back the smoke show! :biggrin:

New Black TSR t-shirts being made up right now that are pretty cool, I think everyone will like these and the caption thats on the back.. ;)

SW.

ok guys I know you have been testing and i know you dont want to put up your time but how about at least you 60ft times? what have you been getting so far?

255x60 grand am tires,,,also that was a low boost run too,u could prob tell of the sound of the car,,,,,, had a guy come by today, dont know for sure if he buying the gn or not,, if i dont sell it i'm going to try and make the race.

Getting ready!

Our local 1/8th mile track was open yesterday and I done some TESTING since the Alky kit went in with the new chip! :biggrin: My o2 is taking a crap so I stoped running it and watched. I was cutting some sick lights but the 60' times need some more work! :)

The car felt VERY strong so once I get my new O2 sensor in I will continue testing and turning up the wick. :biggrin:

Now back to painting my car trailer. 60* today! :biggrin:

Scot W.

Getting ready!

Our local 1/8th mile track was open yesterday and I done some TESTING since the Alky kit went in with the new chip! :biggrin: My o2 is taking a crap so I stoped running it and watched. I was cutting some sick lights but the 60' times need some more work! :)

The car felt VERY strong so once I get my new O2 sensor in I will continue testing and turning up the wick. :biggrin:

Now back to painting my car trailer. 60* today! :biggrin:

Scot W.

Hi Scot!!!! We're back in town. Just wanted to let you know we still intend on attending the the event, but the last two back to back emergency trips to WI have killed our entertainment budget for the year, and we can't afford to bring my car. :(
So we'll be spectating, and kibitzing.

Hi Scot!!!! We're back in town. Just wanted to let you know we still intend on attending the the event, but the last two back to back emergency trips to WI have killed our entertainment budget for the year, and we can't afford to bring my car. :(
So we'll be spectating, and kibitzing.
Thats okay Dave I would have just dragged that poor thing down the track anyway! :biggrin:

Hey wait a minute, That leaves this big ol Excursion without towing anything right? Hmmm.

I will stop by or maybe you can come to the track this weekend to help with testing..?

Glad to hear your back.

Scot W.

ive had good runs with the 245/50-16 that i ran on the 86 with gta rims ..decided to check them and treadwear is ... 260 :)

also checked the tires im now running on the rear of the87 , 255/50-16 and they show treadwear 200 :(

anyone know of 250 rated 15" tires ?

JR I understand where your coming from and I'm not sure what type a-arms you have but I know of several guy's that have tubular A arms and running a large front sway bar. I have the rules this way because because when it's removed it is a weight transfer helper and I want everyone to be on an even playing field as much as possible.

The rules seem to be in great shape with the help of some others. I really look forward to seeing this class take off and even more, The times! :biggrin:

Thanks for your interest in TSR!

Scot W.

this makes no sense , you say you want the bar there and connected as the bar keeps it even playing field and cite the benefit of weight transfer , why not there and unattached
and with the idea of it being a weight transfer thing you wont allow it to be missing but do allow glass bumpers and hood ...how these fit the masses and offers a level playing field i don't know which for sake of argument the glass bumper and/or glass hood does more for weight transfer and really isnt what should fit into a street car class . i run the hr rear bar and on the street I don't miss the front bar one bit nor do i feel like hanging one on now , where as the glass bumper is not exactly what a street car should be running around with

although now reading the rear section
"REAR SUSPENSION:
Suspension components must remain in stock locations."

i dont see how the HR bar is allowed since it technically isnt stock location :(

this makes no sense , you say you want the bar there and connected as the bar keeps it even playing field and cite the benefit of weight transfer , why not there and unattached
and with the idea of it being a weight transfer thing you wont allow it to be missing but do allow glass bumpers and hood ...how these fit the masses and offers a level playing field i don't know which for sake of argument the glass bumper and/or glass hood does more for weight transfer and really isnt what should fit into a street car class . i run the hr rear bar and on the street I don't miss the front bar one bit nor do i feel like hanging one on now , where as the glass bumper is not exactly what a street car should be running around with

"REAR SUSPENSION:

i dont see how the HR bar is allowed since it technically isnt stock location :(

The lighter cars that participate will have to make up the extra pounds to make the field....guess where that extra weight is going to be placed...;) The rules clearly tries to TAKE AWAY any advantages to traction that a car might seem to have, yet, traction control being allowed doesn't make sense either.:rolleyes:

The lighter cars that participate will have to make up the extra pounds to make the field....guess where that extra weight is going to be placed...;) The rules clearly tries to TAKE AWAY any advantages to traction that a car might seem to have, yet, traction control being allowed doesn't make sense either.:rolleyes:
Exactly!

The reason for the traction control being allowed is simply to see how well one can make a regular street tire hook. If you can, More Power to ya! ;)

Guy's i'm not out to fine tune these rules 100% 2 weeks away from the event and i'm sure there will be some changes made for next year. Have to remember this is the first race and we will see how it goes and change it from here if needed.

SW.

I'll be pulling up to the line... alittle power braking ... when the light turns green, im goin.... just like if it was at a street light, no smoky burnouts, under the hood adjustments, no nothin

I'll be pulling up to the line... alittle power braking ... when the light turns green, im goin.... just like if it was at a street light, no smoky burnouts, under the hood adjustments, no nothin

Mike your 10.00 car won't be much of a factor.... remember 1/8th mile:biggrin:. AT least you will be there.

Makes Perfect sence to me! Front sway bar attached = Not good weight transfer.. Sway bar in place but Un-Hooked = Good weight transfer better traction!! Differance between attached & un-attached is Weight transfer..

with the idea of it being a weight transfer thing you wont allow it to be missing but do allow glass bumpers and hood ...how these fit the masses and offers a level playing field i don't know which for sake of argument the glass bumper and/or glass hood does more for weight transfer and really isnt what should fit into a street car class . i run the hr rear bar and on the street I don't miss the front bar one bit nor do i feel like hanging one on now , where as the glass bumper is not exactly what a street car should be running around with
Anyone can add fiberglass parts but at tech they still have to weigh a minimum weight so whats the differance? I can't sit here and dictate what cars Should run on the street or not but I can tell you there are thousands and thousands of people WITH fiberglass bumpers driving on the street so it would be rediclous for me to exclude these people from a class when i'm trying to let as many as possible participate. Can't please Everyone, but can try to please the masses!

"REAR SUSPENSION:

Umm, The H&R bar was designed to Equal out your car during launch when technically launching HARD! Where is the advantage when one has street tires and can't launch hard?

If you want to run, Take 20 minutes and throw the front bar on! If not, why cause a stink?

Status
Not open for further replies.