GNS Performance TSR - (Turbo Street Radial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, the rules state manual boost controllers are permitted. What is the ruling on electronic/CO2 boost controllers? Are they permitted as well?
Also, if the car has a turndown exhaust in front of the rear axle, does that disqualify the car from racing this class? The turbo regal I am asking about has an anti-roll bar and it would not be very easy to run tail pipes. This definately sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Just curious, the rules state manual boost controllers are permitted. What is the ruling on electronic/CO2 boost controllers? Are they permitted as well?
Also, if the car has a turndown exhaust in front of the rear axle, does that disqualify the car from racing this class? The turbo regal I am asking about has an anti-roll bar and it would not be very easy to run tail pipes. This definately sounds like a lot of fun!!!
Hi Jay,

Boy with the help of you guy's finding the missing links the TSR rules will be strightened out quick! That's a good thing! :biggrin:

The whole purpose of this class to see what a street car in honest street trim is capable of doing if driven right from the street and onto a track so I'm going to say Electronic / CO2 boost controlers ARE ALLOWED!

On the exhaust, I'm going to have to leave the rules as it stands as EXHAUST:
Must have full exhaust. Must run through that same full exhaust.
No open dumps allowed!

Reason being, if I allow that then when and where does it stop? so I will have to stick to that one.

Clint,

Can you pleaaase amend the rules to the part in bold for me?

Thank you!
Scot W.

Scott, Thank you for the quick reply. I completely agree on the exhaust, only full exhaust systems should be allowed, with the thought that this is a driver/street car class. I have mixed feelings on the electronic boost controllers, even though I see them more frequently on street cars, they could be considered an advantage over someone who does not have one. Thanks for putting this together, I think TSR is destined to be one of the most fun classes of all time.:D
p.s. my old beater, driver has a spring on the wastegate puck!:eek:

Scott, Thank you for the quick reply. I completely agree on the exhaust, only full exhaust systems should be allowed, with the thought that this is a driver/street car class. I have mixed feelings on the electronic boost controllers, even though I see them more frequently on street cars, they could be considered an advantage over someone who does not have one. Thanks for putting this together, I think TSR is destined to be one of the most fun classes of all time.:D
p.s. my old beater, driver has a spring on the wastegate puck!:eek:
I also have mixed feelings on the Electronic/ CO2 boost controlers as they actually take away from the "Drivers" race buy pretty much taking all the driver skill away. On the other hand there is also the 2-step for the stock computers coming out just after this event and I'm sure there will be a few of us using them this year and I just can't turn people away because they have that on there stock ECM. In the end it will still be a "Drivers" race because the Huge limiting factor in this class is still the minimum 250 Treadwear Tires anyway you look at things.. Going to be fun for sure!

SW.

Can people run leaded race fuel in their tank since methanol can be used?

What's the purpose of using methanol....it's to allow more boost/timing for more performance....right?

What's the purpose of race fuel...it's to allow more boost/timing for more performance....right?

They BOTH have the same purpose so IMO people should be able to run either of the two fuels in this class or both at the same time.

If there is a "unleaded pump gas only and limited to 93 octane" rule for cars without alky then IMO the methanol kits should not be allowed. The methanol would be a clear advantage over using just plain 93 octane. Lets keep this a "apples to apples" class.

Can people run leaded race fuel in their tank since methanol can be used?

What's the purpose of using methanol....it's to allow more boost/timing for more performance....right?

What's the purpose of race fuel...it's to allow more boost/timing for more performance....right?

They BOTH have the same purpose so IMO people should be able to run either of the two fuels in this class or both at the same time.

If there is a "unleaded pump gas only and limited to 93 octane" rule for cars without alky then IMO the methanol kits should not be allowed. The methanol would be a clear advantage over using just plain 93 octane. Lets keep this a "apples to apples" class.

:confused::confused::confused:

Did I miss something?? where did this comment come from??
I dont see anything in the rules saying anything like this anywhere

:confused::confused::confused:

Did I miss something?? where did this comment come from??
I dont see anything in the rules saying anything like this anywhere

I didn't see it either. So I'm assuming race fuel can be used in a street driven car...:D

Right!! Only class that I am aware of that is fuel specific is TAI, and this aint it... You are however only allowed 6 injectors...:eek:

Right!! Only class that I am aware of that is fuel specific is TAI, and this aint it... You are however only allowed 6 injectors...:eek:

I only run on 6 injectors at a time.:p However, the methanol cars have more than 6...er...um...thingys that squirt fuel in the engine. :confused::confused::confused: :p

This is for sure one class that big HP numbers dont really mean much. Wouldn't surprise me to see a high HP TSM motor on radials. I think there may be a few cars in the low 110 MPH range on radials. I feel that TSR and THS will be the classes to watch at this event. With the exception being Tag Team to which NOONE has seen before, that will be the most comical class.

I might would organize this so that a person could run both classes.... spread them apart for tire change....;)

I might would organize this so that a person could run both classes.... spread them apart for tire change....;)

Going to try but can't promise, Won't know until Friday to see who all is double entered in what class. Wouldn't surprise me to see someone try TSR, THS, and 6.99 index. Im sure someone will be running 3 classes. I think someone here said that they are gonna try. Make sure you keep plenty of fuel on hand. We will allow for some time between classes if you are running more than one class BUT dont take too much time cuz if you run multiple classes you are responsible for making the round calls!!

I was still wondering on my hydroboost brakes? is it ok to run it? nobody has said yet... thanks

also i've been 123 mph on reg radials

I was still wondering on my hydroboost brakes? is it ok to run it? nobody has said yet... thanks

If your referring to TSR please get with Scot as he is RRA. As far as Im concerned I don't care, however these classes aren't mine to dictate either.

As far as i'm concerned the hydroboost brakes isn't a performance factor when we are on regular street radials. SO SURE! Bring the can and have fun!!! :biggrin:

Scot W.

This class is going to be fun to watch! I suspect we're going to see a few pedal-fests, too! Big thanks to Scott for putting the $$$ up for what is starting to look like the most popular class at the event.

This class is going to be fun to watch! I suspect we're going to see a few pedal-fests, too! Big thanks to Scott for putting the $$$ up for what is starting to look like the most popular class at the event.
Thanks Cal, I agree with the pedle fests.. :biggrin:
I'm also making up some real cool TSR t-shirts right now too with a little caption.. ;)

Scot W.

Status
Not open for further replies.