GNS Performance TSR - (Turbo Street Radial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this class!

Since I like to share info and not try to keep any secrets, here is a timeslip of when I ran the Malibu with all season radial tires. My XFI data log showed that I didn't get the throttle to the floor until after 70mph so it's definitely a traction limited/driver class.

7.65@100.JPG

I love this class!

Since I like to share info and not try to keep any secrets, here is a timeslip of when I ran the Malibu with all season radial tires. My XFI data log showed that I didn't get the throttle to the floor until after 70mph so it's definitely a traction limited/driver class.

7.65@100.JPG

Sorry, must be Buick bodied only...

The rules counted mine out anyway but I still wanted to show the mph that cars will be exceeding on just street radials. :)

The rules counted mine out anyway but I still wanted to show the mph that cars will be exceeding on just street radials. :)
Good example and thanks for posting the slip! My son and I drove our old GN to BG several years ago and I had 245 Z rated Falcon street tires on the car and went 124 mph with only 20 lbs of boost and the tires Never Spun once! I think we are going to see some nice MPH numbers as that usually relates to the cars power but it's the ET that were really interested in seeing. Your deffinetly right, it's a traction limited/driver class.

SW.

Vernon I was only kidding,:D:D I know how much power your car makes from the dyno an was trying to give MYSELF a fighting chance!! Your welcome to run this class. Just pullin your chain

My Buick on slicks at Bandimere, Co would run 11.2's @ 125+, but on 225 60 street tires I only ran 12.2 @ 122-124 mph, it is difficult with power to run on small radials off the line.

If I make it to BG this year, this will be the class I run. My wife's T runs mid 12's on Eagle GTII 235 radials at the track and most people there think that's impressive as hell.

If I make it to BG this year, this will be the class I run. My wife's T runs mid 12's on Eagle GTII 235 radials at the track and most people there think that's impressive as hell.

That's about what my 86 runs in its present street trim and street radials.
8.0 in the 1/8th with a 1.8 60'

Talking to Scott yesterday I mentioned that IM going to run it like a stop light drag.. no burnouts and 0 to maybe 5#s. I just want to see what times i can get

That's about what my 86 runs in its present street trim and street radials.
8.0 in the 1/8th with a 1.8 60'

1.8 60' that's awesome. My best on the GTII's is a 1.91 with just a hint of squawking the tires.

Talking to Scott yesterday I mentioned that IM going to run it like a stop light drag.. no burnouts and 0 to maybe 5#s. I just want to see what times i can get

That's the way to do it! 4-5psi leaves the line pretty decent on a radial.

1.8 60' that's awesome. My best on the GTII's is a 1.91 with just a hint of squawking the tires.

That's probably the only hope I have of making past the first round, since in its present trim the best I can hope for is an 8.0 and something in the high 80mph range. If they'll continue to hook there like they do here.

Those 100+ mph guys are going to be running me down fast.

Vernon I was only kidding,:D:D I know how much power your car makes from the dyno an was trying to give MYSELF a fighting chance!! Your welcome to run this class. Just pullin your chain

The only rule that kicks my car to the curb is the front anti-sway bar. My intercooler pipes don't permit me to have one in the front. Other than that, it's a class that fits a typical "true" street car.:D This class should get filled up pretty quick.:cool:

Here is another timeslip with radial tires. This was a quarter mile,except I lifted before finishing the quarter. It still ran 11.8 at 109.

11.8onradials.jpg

More Money

Tell you what, since there is so much interest in this class I am going to UP the ante from way earlier in the post. The first car to run 6.79 or faster during qualifying or eliminations will get $100 CASH!! MUST be done during qualifying or elims to count...

Tell you what, since there is so much interest in this class I am going to UP the ante from way earlier in the post. The first car to run 6.79 or faster during qualifying or eliminations will get $100 CASH!! MUST be done during qualifying or elims to count...

I'd be happy to run a 7.79:)

WOW! Thats pertty nice of you Clint!

More money added into the loop guy's, Gonna be fun!!

SW.

Got some phone calls about guy's getting ready for TSR. Looks like this is going to be a great turn out! I'm having special stickers made just for this class and will post them as soon as I get them in..

Look forward to seeing everyone.

SW.

Got some phone calls about guy's getting ready for TSR. Looks like this is going to be a great turn out! I'm having special stickers made just for this class and will post them as soon as I get them in..

Look forward to seeing everyone.

SW.

hey nice avatar:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.