GN1 SE Headers (Disappointing)

Are you saying bison that the primaries are stainless and the flanges are mild steel on the gn1 se headers ? Thanks
I'm not saying anything about GN1 se headers. Never even handled a set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know from experience that stainless tends to pull and warp while welding without clamps but when clamped firmly I've had good luck keeping it straight with only minimal distortion.

Wouldn't being bolted to a head or a turbo keep the flanges true and straight during the heat cycles?

I know from experience that stainless tends to pull and warp while welding without clamps but when clamped firmly I've had good luck keeping it straight with only minimal distortion.

Wouldn't being bolted to a head or a turbo keep the flanges true and straight during the heat cycles?
Most metals warp and shrink when welded.
The problem is they are not stress relieved after welding. So, there are forces (stresses and strains) that want to torque in different directions. Soon as heat is added, the stress will naturally follow that path and therefore "warp".

Like mentioned before, it will cost a lot to get a really good set.

I'd be ruffling feathers all over the internet if I posted the full picture. Many people have paid $1000+ for the same headers with the same flanges.

Thanks for posting.. Those flanges are junk... I wouldnt bolt those on my lawn mower

I'd be ruffling feathers all over the internet if I posted the full picture. Many people have paid $1000+ for the same headers with the same flanges.

Those feathers probably should be ruffled so nobody else pays over $1k for an inferior product, and also in the hopes that the Manufacturer would take a hint and fix the product.

Last edited: