GN1 SE Headers (Disappointing)

Would you buy headers from this welder?
smile_chinese_man.gif

Guys, ill worry about the fitment issues when I get the headers. I can modify things as necessary.

These headers were advertised as being MADE IN THE USA just a few short weeks ago. Its not there anymore.

Guys, ill worry about the fitment issues when I get the headers. I can modify things as necessary.

These headers were advertised as being MADE IN THE USA just a few short weeks ago. Its not there anymore.
You need to worry about those 30" tires! They're never gonna work!

Damn, did you make contact with TA and or Nick to find out if there headers have been out-source to a third world shit slinging factory.

Wrong company, TA's are made in the US. TT/Ameasap is talking about the GN1 headers that are sold by several vendors.

I wouldn't expect a really nice set of headers for under $1200. More time will be spent making them work than it's worth unless your time isn't worth anything. More like $1500 for a set with stainless flanges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't expect a really nice set of headers for under $1200. More time will be spent making them work than it's worth unless your time isn't worth anything. More like $1500 for a set with stainless flanges.

Well, I will report back once I get the TA race set next week.

Well, I will report back once I get the TA race set next week.
They have mild steel flanges. Make sure they have a good seal or there will be trails on them after some run time

The sad truth is there is trouble with the quality of workmanship and or engineering/design of all parts that I get anymore......and it does not matter how big the name of the company or vendor is there are serious issues. I try to do as much myself as possible anymore and I feel for the guys who do not have access to fab shop equipment or have not yet gained the skills to fix the vendor screw ups on their own....it is for sure about 1 in 3 things something will be wrong and need redone at some level that I find...... It seems that Pride of a job well done has gone away for at least half of the suppliers.
Oh, There going back! With a pre paid shipping label.
I would have 3-4 hrs of fixing these junkers.

Flat stainless flanges with no gaskets work better than anything.

But I have aluminum heads. I read that fretting can occur, so you are to use either Remflex or copper. I chose SCE copper gaskets.

But I have aluminum heads. I read that fretting can occur, so you are to use either Remflex or copper. I chose SCE copper gaskets.
I've been running aluminum heads for about 10 years with no gaskets, stainless flanges and no fretting. Oem has been doing the same for much longer.

I've been running aluminum heads for about 10 years with no gaskets, stainless flanges and no fretting. Oem has been doing the same for much longer.

ya, but OEM is stainless to cast iron. Im just talking about aluminum to mild steel (TA race header flange). DO you think I can mate those surfaces up and be trouble free?

ya, but OEM is stainless to cast iron. Im just talking about aluminum to mild steel (TA race header flange). DO you think I can mate those surfaces up and be trouble free?
Oem has been using stainless on aluminum for many years. Every LS engine is aluminum head

Oem has been using stainless on aluminum for many years. Every LS engine is aluminum head

You are right about that.
I would rather go without gaskets and know there is a good seal vs a leaking gasket.
Do you suggest an adhesive? Seems like a lot of people use copper spray and holymer when they go without the gaskets.