GN wrecks in a street Race....

Amazing he wasnt killed !! Cage most definitely saved his life. Glad he is OK.

Bryan

Sorry it hsppened, but you get what you get when street racing. No sympathy from me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I'm with the rest of the guys, screw street races. Street Tires??? He was asking for it, specially for how small those street tires were.

Jesus, for the parts catalog I see....then those tires?!

People always like to bad mouth street racing but I would be willing to bet every turbo Buick owner on this board has put their foot to the floor on the street at least once and that could end in same result whether there is a car in the over lane or not. I don't know the owner and I am not defending him or his actions but my point is that everyone has done something similar so why judge others? If any member wrecks their car on the street testing or racing or wrecks at a track I am not going to say they deserved it or I have no sympathy for them.

Stop light to stop light, out skirts of town away from any traffic, 0-80 mph street racing is ok with me, but that looked like in town racing and at speeds past a 100+, why not just go to a drag strip? Have a official time slip? That car looked like a track car. I like street racing and will do it again I'm sure, but I'm not looking to do more than 60 mph...Ok, I'm lying, if it's out in the sticks, then I may let it go further...but hell the deer will get you then...

I've been watching this build for the last few days. Racing on public streets is just plain stupid and dangerous these days. When I was a kid we had a 2 lane access road outside of town where we did it, but we also had a volunteer fire department ambulance and paramedics on site. We were outside of the city limits so the sheriff's department had to be called and we had plenty of time to get away. There were no houses or people other than participants out there and since it was 1 way 2 lane late at night, no traffic.

If I had a kid and found out they were street racing and risking someone's life or property I'd turn them in myself now. Back then I didn't think about what could happen and since things have gotten more populated it's just not smart or safe, and since we have kids that visit the board on a regular basis it's just a bad practice to post things like this so kids will want to go out and do the same stupid thing. Take it to a track so you can be safe if something happens, rather than be a blurb on the news when you wreck.;)

I just saw this thread. Is that cage Brian's handy work?

Steve, you're right who am I to judge.
Im not concrrned with the people who street race, they have a choice to do so. The mother and two kids in the minivan returning from a birthday party that decide to make a right into that path have no choice when the horn drops.

I stopped participating when I saw a tbird take out a mom and daughter in 1990.

Steve, you're right who am I to judge.
Im not concrrned with the people who street race, they have a choice to do so. The mother and two kids in the minivan returning from a birthday party that decide to make a right into that path have no choice when the horn drops.

You are missing my point. I am not saying street racing isn't dangerous or defending it but what I am saying is that if anyone goes WOT on the street it's not any better or safer than street racing. Minivans can pull out in front of single cars at WOT just like they can in front of racing pairs of cars. If the run in the vid was a solo run the outcome would have been basically the same.

Once again, if you're not in an area where no one can get in the way or be damaged it's not worth it. Those damn fast and furious movies are a Hollywood myth and have been for more time than I've been alive. If you want to risk killing someone then drag on the street, but if you want to be safe for all concerned then take it to a track where hopefully you can be kept alive and have minimal impact on others that want to watch or participate.;)

Driver was fortunate to live. You can have an accident at the track or the street, you just gotta hope you make it out alive and the safety equipment does its job..Racing anywhere has risk, yes there is more on the street..