GN wrecks in a street Race....

The real issue is street racing endangers innocent people that just happen to in the path of the race. If you race on the street or at the track that risk is taken for granted. If you go to watch a street race you put yourself there knowing something could go wrong at you with no protection. Again, that's your own risk.

Park the car around the corner remind everyone with a big sign saying don't drink drive got dam glad your still alive.

Park the car around the corner remind everyone with a big sign saying don't drink drive got dam glad your still alive.

Where did drinking and driving enter into this?

Unless you have some information unknown to the rest of us you should keep your personal crusades to yourself.

Once again, unless you have solid, inside information that the driver of either car was drinking, you're way off base bringing that nonsense into this thread.

By the looks of your post, it seems you may have already had a few yourself.........

X2...street racing isn't worth it ! I know from experience 30 years ago, :(

So if you had been at a track, how much different would your outcome have been?
Not being mean. I know there are situations that will differ greatly.

D

So if you had been at a track, how much different would your outcome have been?
Not being mean. I know there are situations that will differ greatly.

D
Keep in mind I was only 20 years old... I was tired of hearing my brother-in-law telling me how fast his '69 mach 1 was, so after a few beers we
decided to race, bad idea. I was driving my '69 Swinger 340, wiped his a$$ really good. I passed 4 cars on the highway after beating him and a
vehicle was coming at me so I took the ditch at 120 mph. I was the one who ended up losing in the end. Never again! :(

I’ve lost it twice on the street in a sports car. both times were drinking.
Not racing but having sideways fun. I was lucky with only a couple of blown tires.
Drinking and driving is bad. Drinking and sports cars is worse.

D

I’ve lost it twice on the steer in a sports car. both times were drinking.
Not racing but having sideways fun. I was lucky with only a couple of blown tires.
Drinking and driving is bad. Drinking and sports cars is worse.

D
X2 EVIL !

"so after a few beers we
decided to race, bad idea".

Well right there was your problem. 20's or not, it was a dumbassed move. At least you own it, I must give you respect for that.

But, despite only one complete D-bag's assumtion here, one that was called out but had no answer, there is absolutely no evidence that alcohol had anything to do with this particular wreck.

And to EVIL,

30 days spent within the confines of the Austell County Work Farm in Georgia back in '93 was one VERY humbling experience for me, and it cemented the final decision that horse power and liquor don't mix. :eek: No one is immune!

I'm pretty sure there are many here who share our story in one way or another........

But this thread isn't about drinking and driving..... and, as I mentioned earlier, we should keep it that way.