GN or T Type?

ONLY 231

I'm looking at 1986 "GN" tomorrow, but I don't know if it's a real GN or just a T Type.

How can I tell for sure what the car is?

I know it's been repainted, so I'm not sure if the RPO sticker will be there or not.

It has an astro roof and a digital climate control. Here's a picture.

gn.jpg

Well the grill is wrong for an 86, and to tell if it's a real GN you need the RPO, it will have WE2 in the codes for GN other than that it's hard to tell the vin would just tell you if it is a TR and the title just comes up as Regal in most states

Carfax show this on the preliminary lookup:

VIN: 1G4GK4779GP437656
Vehicle: 1986 BUICK REGAL T-TYPE

If it were a GN, would Carfax know that by the VIN #?

What's the dash look like? Many change the grill to all black cause they dont like the chrome. Truck lids can be changed to with different RPO codes showing up on the lids. How much is he asken? Has it been repainted?

What's the dash look like? Many change the grill to all black cause they dont like the chrome. Truck lids can be changed to with different RPO codes showing up on the lids. How much is he asken? Has it been repainted?

The RPO sticker matches the VIN of the car, I imagine it's original.

It has been repainted once that I know of. I believe it has an analog dash.

It has a fair amount of mods supposedly.

Carfax show this on the preliminary lookup:

VIN: 1G4GK4779GP437656
Vehicle: 1986 BUICK REGAL T-TYPE

If it were a GN, would Carfax know that by the VIN #?

every GN thru the 86 model year was just a T Type with a different trim package.. in 87 the GN became it's own model.

86 GN will have black pull straps as well not gray. Moon roofs are nice. One thing with the snow, Open the moon roof & make sure it seals well & works.