GN on it's way from Brooklyn to the Orlando World Street Nationals

UNDER-PRESSURE said:
It's sad that every GN is penalized for what Buddy Ingersol did 25 years ago. :biggrin:

I wouldnt say thats the case. It's moreso GNs getting penalized for what Alan Whitter, Mike Kurtz and Dale Cherry did in the 90s.

HighPSI said:
Just got back. The weight break I was hoping to get was the same 400# break they give V-6's in 10.5.

The problem is that you have to have a different mentality for drag radial racing, especially in the way the suspension is set up and how the overall combination works together. There are lots of variables to take into account when trying to get a drag radial car down the track and if you set the cars up like they have slicks on them, it's going to be a long day.

When this class was limited to BFG's it was more of a suspension class then it is now. I qualified 13 a couple years ago. Now that the Mickey's are allowed, traction isn't as much of an issue. I feel pretty confident in saying we have a good handle on the suspension. On a decent track, my car 60's as well on a DR as it does a slick. Dave did a 1.31 with his MT's and we aren't using half the "tricks" we use on Dusty's car.

FWIW: I had 3 other customers run personal bests. In 10.5, Frank Meshaw (89 Trans Am) went 7.36@202 with 18 psi of boost. In Pro, Glen Adams set the new record for a short deck Ford with his 6.96@206 and Mike Tokarz ran some low 7's having to rebuild his transmission after every pass.

Cal,

I would like like to personally thank you and Holly for all your help with Michael's car. You guys are a class act and I am sorry that I was not able to come and help. If the car was brought to you ready you would have made the show for sure. Your customer service again has made a believer out of me and made me look great because of my referal. You will get many more from me in the future. There was too much to do and not enough time. Once the car issues are sorted out I would love to see you get the best out of it. From everything I have heard the car should rip.
Congratulations on all your success this weekend and a late happy birthday to the Mrs.

Best regards,

Car Not complete when left Otto's

Well this is an update directly from Mike & Al.....The car was far from complete when it left Otto's house. Here is a brief summary of what was wrong.

1. Innovative Boost controller was hooked up incorrectly. On the increse and decrese solinoids they were wired backwards.

2. Pully for alternator was to big and never charged until you idle at 1600 RPM

3. The wiring was a NIGHTMARE!! :eek: there were all kinds of shorts throughout the car, if this is what he calls being complete i would hate to see a non-complete car.

4. had the car for 8 Weeks and informed us that car was ready and made boost. I wonder how this was accomplished with the way this car was delivered to us? He told us there was a start up program in the FAST XFI box, would you spool the car to 18lbs of boost with a start up program? it seems Otto is a good tuner for cars stock to 10 sec, anything below that i think he would need more training. Im sure more will come.....

Is this the place for he said, she said slanderous talk?? If your going to drag someone's name through the mud stand up proud & Identify yourself please.

2fastsuv said:
Well this is an update directly from Mike & Al.....The car was far from complete when it left Otto's house. Here is a brief summary of what was wrong.

1. Innovative Boost controller was hooked up incorrectly. On the increse and decrese solinoids they were wired backwards.

3. The wiring was a NIGHTMARE!! :eek: there were all kinds of shorts throughout the car, if this is what he calls being complete i would hate to see a non-complete car.

4. had the car for 8 Weeks and informed us that car was ready and made boost. I wonder how this was accomplished with the way this car was delivered to us? He told us there was a start up program in the FAST XFI box, would you spool the car to 18lbs of boost with a start up program? it seems Otto is a good tuner for cars stock to 10 sec, anything below that i think he would need more training. Im sure more will come.....
EVerything was tested at my house that i did,
They (you guys) were told it was not making boost on the brake.When i applied pressure to the top of the gate it spooled to 20#s no problem.(hence the solenoids being plugged in backwards)
A start up program is exactly what is says.A STARTUP program.
The car was started and running and driven on the trailer when you guys showed up to pick it up.
I datalogged the one time I spooled it to 20# and the a/f was fine.
AS far as shorts certain things were wired a certain way,When you start adding wires and have no idea the how i wired it then you will most likely blow fuses by short you cause.
You were also told numerous times that the car should be tested before taking it all the way to Orlando from NY.
To finish a car and (not expect a few problems) and tow it to orlando and try to make its maiden voyage under extreme conditions is absolutly absurd!

By the way Under-Pressure,FASTSUV is the license plate on AL's Escalade.Some coincidence huh?

If Mikes not happy,bring the car back,leave his trailer,and he will be ready to run atco on the 19th.
The car should have been put on a dyno previous to your trip,I have no trailer and no way to get it to the dyno.the reason it was not dynoed an tuned.
To take shots at my tuning when i didnt tune the car?

2fastsuv said:

Not in this thread please!

pretty funny

I thought these boards were to inform people of everything that goes on good and bad. i wonder why the reply i posted got deleted just because i was informing everyone of the work that was done to our vehicle and the disaster in Orlando. If Otto was so concerned about the car im sure he would have called or at least tried to help in someway. As i am sure this post will get deleted as well.

I thought these boards were to inform people of everything that goes on good and bad. i wonder why the reply i posted got deleted just because i was informing everyone of the work that was done to our vehicle and the disaster in Orlando. If Otto was so concerned about the car im sure he would have called or at least tried to help in someway. As i am sure this post will get deleted as well.

Is it your car? My posts after the first update of the board was deleted after it came back the second time. I am sure it wasn't done to you only.

I have not heard back from Merkel yet.
Any news on the wastegate???

we will be removing the motor today and tear it dow to the block and heads and get it ready for shiping or delivery. Waste gate will be removed and inspected. it appears the spring got crushed somehow, wil keep you posted.

Thanks,

Michael is having lunch with Brad right now.
We talked about where the motor is going.
He will be calling Kenny first thing a.m. on Monday.

Is it your car? My posts after the first update of the board was deleted after it came back the second time. I am sure it wasn't done to you only.
Yeah, I think mine got deleted too. I believe it was regarding 2FASTSUV's question about your pictures and them not being accessible. I replied back saying I was able to see them no problem and maybe he just needed to create a free account on the Kodak web site. What's going on here? I hope this is not one of those "mysterious" web site crashes that the old TB.com as well as the **** site is so prone to having... Strange that some sites seem to have all the crashes and "missing" posts. I'd really like to know what's going on cause I expect now that Shane's taken over things are going to change and maybe some of us will start regularly posting here again...

Art.

The the Drag radial class @ Orlando is out of the realm of a v-6 motor without a proper weight brake, period. Everything on Michael's car would have had to been perfect to make the field @ 3400. The nitrous cars @ 3000 lbs are only going 8.30's to 8.00's @ 175'ish on their best pass, so they would be threatened by a well set-up stage 2 car at that weight IMO. Hence the reason they cried like little girls, and I would have told them that too!

Overall, v-8 turbo cars rule, even with the weight penalties, they are going 10-20 mph fast in the 1/4. :eek: Even look at the final, turbo ford vs NOS chevy. Chevy got out, but the turbo car came by him @ the 1/8th. Think the chevy went 7.90@175 to the Ford's 7.70@192.

The the Drag radial class @ Orlando is out of the realm of a v-6 motor without a proper weight brake, period. Everything on Michael's car would have had to been perfect to make the field @ 3400. The nitrous cars @ 3000 lbs are only going 8.30's to 8.00's @ 175'ish on their best pass, so they would be threatened by a well set-up stage 2 car at that weight IMO. Hence the reason they cried like little girls, and I would have told them that too!

Overall, v-8 turbo cars rule, even with the weight penalties, they are going 10-20 mph fast in the 1/4. :eek: Even look at the final, turbo ford vs NOS chevy. Chevy got out, but the turbo car came by him @ the 1/8th. Think the chevy went 7.90@175 to the Ford's 7.70@192.

Alex speaks the truth!
Mike Keenen made the N20 car look like he pulled the chute at 900 feet.
Cogratulations again on your wedding, it looked like a great time!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 192113602403_0_ALB.jpg
    192113602403_0_ALB.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 316692602403_0_ALB.jpg
    316692602403_0_ALB.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 316792602403_0_ALB.jpg
    316792602403_0_ALB.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 478613602403_0_ALB.jpg
    478613602403_0_ALB.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 167
What's going on here? I hope this is not one of those "mysterious" web site crashes that the old TB.com as well as the **** site is so prone to having... Strange that some sites seem to have all the crashes and "missing" posts. I'd really like to know what's going on cause I expect now that Shane's taken over things are going to change and maybe some of us will start regularly posting here again...

Art.

Art, I'm not being sarcastic here when I say this, I am only saying this because some, (maybe you?), haven't been around lately but are starting to come around.

Jay has been working on the site the last week or so and there have been a lot of times where I tried to log on and the site was down. He had it going, then had to reset everything and start over again. He did say somewhere that he lost about a days worth of posts and pictures, etc.

:cool: