Gn Leans To One Side

87NAT

In Between GN's
My Regal Sags About 1 1/2 Inches On The Drivers Side. That Doesnt Seem Much But It Is Very Noticable From Behind The Car. When I Get In It Is Even Worse(i'm 6'7" 280 Lbs.) I Have Changed Rear Springs(from Kirban) And That Did Not Make Any Differince, So I Put My Original Springs Back On. The Car Only Has 48k On It But It Sat In Storage For 6 Years. Any Advice On What To Change Or Check Would Be Appreciated.

Check the condition of the lower body bushings and the rubber retainers that the coils springs set in. It sounds like they've had it, if you replaced the coils springs.

HA! They all do :)

Did you ever notice how many actually do this, even when they were new? I remember a discussion on this on GNTTYPE.org 10 years. It was AMAZING how many low-mile non-modified cars leaned. Heck, mine leaned after I replaced everything in the rear and only had about 40K miles on it anyway.

I know 100 people will say "mine never did" but back in the day 100's of us said "YEAH!"

We went through the entire suspension replacing all the worn out parts and put on new tires at the same time. I think I had more fun spending the money than I did replacing the parts. After all that, ours still leans on the driver's side, just not quite as much.

Body bushings are next. I hope it solves the problem. If it doesn't, then I'll just have to keep my foot in it to make it ride level! :biggrin:

Mine's level left and right air bags might be the trick
Going to beef up the rear with all new arms springs and big sway bar next

I noticed this with my GN and also with other G-body cars I have owned. My GN was not as bad as any of the others (about 1/2 inch lower on one side) but after I installed air bags it was undetectable. I had an 85 Cutlass that you could notice this a mile away.

thanks for all the input. I guess I will just take off the MT ET streets and put the radials back on...that way the rear end will be sideways anyway!

Mine had the same issue, When I put the air bags in it helped alot. Still off a little but the bags do help IMO.

Mine was noticably lower on the right. I bought an airbag and pumped it up until it leveled out. I know, that's not what the bags are for, but to me, nothing will make a car look like a piece of sh*t quite like sitting gimpy.

87NAT said:
My Regal Sags About 1 1/2 Inches On The Drivers Side. That Doesnt Seem Much But It Is Very Noticable From Behind The Car. When I Get In It Is Even Worse(i'm 6'7" 280 Lbs.) I Have Changed Rear Springs(from Kirban) And That Did Not Make Any Differince, So I Put My Original Springs Back On. The Car Only Has 48k On It But It Sat In Storage For 6 Years. Any Advice On What To Change Or Check Would Be Appreciated.
mine was the same especially when i put a loop in it would smack the yoke put poly body bushings in and now my car sits 2" higher all around my old ones were smashed down to 1/2 to 3/4 inches high the new ones are 2 1/2 tall

I must have the freak car cause mine is lower on the passenger side instead :eek:

or maybe mine really has something broken instead :p

litdog83z said:
I must have the freak car cause mine is lower on the passenger side instead :eek:

or maybe mine really has something broken instead :p
thats where mine was

Mine sags on the drivers side too, and I also used to pump up the bag to level it out. After much investigating, I came to the conclusion that there was nothing wrong with it. It just sits funny.

If anyone asks why it sits like that, I tell them the suspension is preloaded for racing. I'm no suspension guru but my car does leave nice and flat with a stock swaybar, maybe that's why.

daviss said:
Mine sags on the drivers side too, and I also used to pump up the bag to level it out. After much investigating, I came to the conclusion that there was nothing wrong with it. It just sits funny.

If anyone asks why it sits like that, I tell them the suspension is preloaded for racing. I'm no suspension guru but my car does leave nice and flat with a stock swaybar, maybe that's why.
your car probably has over 100k miles right if so i bet you your body bushings are toast mine had 62000 and they were done