GF goodrich, or nitto drag radial?

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
I'm running BF Goodrich t/a's right now, 275, 60 15's. Hate em. Am looking at changing to a 235 60 15 street legal drag radial, either the BF Goodrich, or Nitto.

Does anyone have any experiences, positive or negative about either one? Not sure which pair to get.

Thanks

Nittos are better than regular radials, but they started giving out for me.
I have Micky T DR now and have had better 60 ft times and good street manners, actually a smooth, quiet tire at highway speed.

Another +1 for Mickey Thompson Drag Radials!! They are the way to go if your considering a DR tire. Excellent manners and traction on the street, and great 60 ft times at the track

MT will not last as long at the Nitto or BFG but will hook better at the track. Nitto will last the longest of the three, then BFG, then MT.

So how long are we talking about these guys lasting. (Assume no massive burnouts) 5000miles?

I agree with the M/T's, but right now I am running the BFG's. I have had expierence with all three. I really don't mind the BFG's at all. They don't hook as well as the M/T's, but will outlast them by 1500-2000 miles.

M/T's 1000-2500 miles best dr on the road
Bfg's 3000-5000 miles pretty damn good for my price (122.00 ea):D
nitto's 10000-15000 miles ok for my stang :p

There are some other that have popped up in the last couple of years that I do not have any personal expierence with. Hooser, M & H, and even goodyear.

Do you want them as an upgraded street tire or both street/strip??

Going to a 235/60 is going to be disappointing if traction is a concern, even with a street drag.

BF Drags are notorious for living a short life and not grabbing like the other drag radials, a friend ate them up in a month with it chunking all the way to death row. I would go with the Nitto's anyday over them.