Getting to hot !

Seal the whole back of the fan?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not the back of the fan, the sides of the fan shroud to the radiator need to be sealed up.

Fix the oil leak first, then for the temp issues I would suspect it to be your single fan. 1 fan will have a hard time cooling with a front mount installed. The only single fans that I know of that provide adequate cooling are the mark viii/ ford fans. You will need to verify what type of fan you have and then decide to either go with the mark viii or a dual fan setup. If you go with dual fans, you have make sure they both run at the same time. Rmi-25 and distiller water for summer months and you're set.

The stock fan will work if sealed. I still run the stocker with an F body radiator and Cottons front mount which is HUGE. I use Caspers fan switch to keep the fan running on high and run a 160* thermostat. There were no cars in the staging lanes at the track so i made 4 back-to-back runs down the 1/8 mile in NC, the temp went to 189 and was back at 173 when I came down the return road to the parking lot. The outside temp that day was near 90.

Bryan

Re-do the seal from grille area to front of rad / cooler, this directs all air thru needed area. Dual fans well mounted with controls as you need them, when you really need them on! I tried syn. oil and quickly went back to 20/40 Rotella w/Wicks filter and all is good. $16 per gallon, change often and enjoy.