Getting alky where should I start?

Getting alky where should I start?

What do I need to know about safety?
What do I need to know about locations?
What are the musts?
And
The must nots?

Start with Alkycontrol(www.alkycontrol.com). The basics/musts are scantool,fuel pump/hotwire,adj fpr,injectors,chip in that order my personal opinion. most of wich you have in your sig. Theres no safety issues that i know of as far as the kit goes but be sure to check for knock cause when the wick gets turned up things could go bad fast. Just make sure your car and parts in good working order.

Start with Alkycontrol(www.alkycontrol.com). The basics/musts are scantool,fuel pump/hotwire,adj fpr,injectors,chip in that order my personal opinion. most of wich you have in your sig. Theres no safety issues that i know of as far as the kit goes but be sure to check for knock cause when the wick gets turned up things could go bad fast. Just make sure your car and parts in good working order.

x2

X3 :D

For safety I would zip tie your vac lines!!! They might blow off and blow a head gasket:eek: not sure how i know that one :D

He's ready.. just needs to save up a little dough :wink:

I got the up pipe with this threaded (3/8) plug in it.
Is this a good location for the nozzle?

What size tank do you guys have?

Attachments

• 1968 CHEVELLE GN Powered 1000 (230)-1.JPG
    1968 CHEVELLE GN Powered 1000 (230)-1.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 898
I got the up pipe with this threaded (3/8) plug in it.
Is this a good location for the nozzle?

What size tank do you guys have?

NO do NOT put it there!!!! has to be another 1/2" away from the throttle body. guess you have to buy another pipe !! :eek:

ok ok ..seriously that will be fine:p . Julio gives ya a tank that replaces the stock overflow and he gives you a new smaller overflow to mount elsewhere . Talk to Julio about different "tanks". I have done a few hybrids and Julio made up special kits for me :cool:

If you want a stealth install have Julio hook you up with the DSM washer bottle and hang it off the driver side radiator support. I can send you pics if interested or check out a thread in this forum about bottle locations.

It's pretty straight forward but pump needs to be lower than bottle and your nozzle placement is fine. Leave the alky box alone and start off with the recommended setting. Run straight Meth and make sure you don't get greedy, alky isn't C16.

He's ready.. just needs to save up a little dough :wink:

Hey julio
i want to order a nozzle from you, What size do your recomend for my set up (look at my sig.) thanks Dude

i would also like to see the deferent types of alky tanks that you have, So could you post some pictures or E-mail them to me?
Remember this is for my Chevelle.
thanks For your help Dude.
David

Hey julio
i want to order a nozzle from you, What size do your recomend for my set up (look at my sig.) thanks Dude

i would also like to see the deferent types of alky tanks that you have, So could you post some pictures or E-mail them to me?
Remember this is for my Chevelle.
thanks For your help Dude.
David

David, send me pixs of the underhood of your car. I'll see what I can come up with. As far as a nozzle.. pickup the phone and call ;)

Does this look like it would work?
I am thinking of having the small nozzle come in at 5PSI
and the second one at 10 psi.
Any way take a look

Myalcoholinjection.jpg

There is No need for all that at your power level.

You should Try a single stage M10 and have it come on around 10 psi of boost

You will need to be able to adjust the Pump speed in order to tune it.

If you are determined to build a dual nozzle 2 stage, Good Luck.

There is no need to bring the alky on at 5 psi, it should come in at 12 psi and 20 on the second. it will be very difficult to tune the way you are doing it.
You will want different Pump speeds between the 2 stages

thanks for the reply

I was just thinking (maybe the first mistake on my part) that if I need a total of one size #10 nozzle at 15 PSI why not get a #2 or #3 nozzle started at 5 PSI
Then
A second nozzle #8 or #7 started at 10 PSI to come to a total volume of 1 size #10 nozzle this way I could leave the pumps power alone and avoid any possibility of bogging with a single #10 nozzle coming in at 10psi of boost.
I could be over thinking this.

And it doesn’t have to be a 2 nozzle system I was just thinking.

I think you are Over thinking this a bit

The Non Progressive SMC kit is a proven piece.

a single M10 nozzle , pump on switch and some way to control pump speed is all you need.

if you want to go faster with more precise tunability save up for a razor kit.,

OK I installed A tank I think it’s out of a mid '80s Monte I’ll take a picture in the morning.
Now I need to buy some parts
1-High / Low level indicator for the tank
2-Nozzle.
3-Pump fittings.
Julio what do you have?
Did you get the pictures?

Looks like a tank from a Monte or El Camino. The number on it I ran through GM and it was no good. I havent been by the boneyard the last few months to confirm it.