Getting alky where should I start?

Can some one post up Razor's Alky installation instructions?

I have the nozzle but I am not sure of how to install it.
By the looks of what I have it looks like the nozzle shoots across the pipe and not in the direction of the air flow (which is the way I thought it would shoot) if I am wrong please help me out.
Thanks
Dave

2) Nozzle

Before removing the pipe for drilling, make sure there is ample room where the elbow for the nozzle will be located. At this time mark the pipe to where it will be drilled. Most Buick’s the pipe is offset. The nozzle will require a 13/32 diameter hole to be drilled into the up-pipe. A 3/8 drill bit will work with a little drilling in/out. The location of the hole is not critical, although would be recommended it is placed so the nozzle is of higher level than the tank. My typical location is 9 o’clock on the straight section leading to the throttle body, by the turbo. Remember you will need a 7/16 wrench to hold the head of the nozzle. So give yourself ample room to reach the nozzle with a wrench. After drilling the hole, make sure there is no metal shavings left inside the pipe. Clean surface. Mount the nozzle from the inside out WITH THE RUBBER WASHER ON THE INSIDE INSTALLED and attach the 90 degree brass elbow onto it. Depending on the thickness of the pipe, will dictate whether an additional sealing washer will be needed or not on the outside of the pipe. To make the determination look through the hole on the elbow and make sure the tip of the nozzle does not contact the bottom of the fitting. In other words, does not bottom out. Tighten the nozzle so that it is held securely and point the elbow toward the radiator area for hose connection hook-up. Tip is to use red loc-tite on threads. And now install 1/8-4 adapter onto nozzle. So hose can latter be installed. No tape is needed. Sealant like Teflon paste is ok on the adapter. Red loc-tite on nozzle threads

Attachments

• nozzle1_1.JPG
    nozzle1_1.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 556
  • nozzle2_2.JPG
    nozzle2_2.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 564
  • nozzle3_3.JPG
    nozzle3_3.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 553
  • nozzle4_4.JPG
    nozzle4_4.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 583
  • nozzle5_5.JPG
    nozzle5_5.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 565
Last two.

Hope this helps :D

Attachments

• nozzle6_6.JPG
    nozzle6_6.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 558
  • nozzle7_7.JPG
    nozzle7_7.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 554
Thanks a lot
I am getting ready for the next order.:biggrin:

The filter goes in-line between the tank and pump?
I am going to use a rope to measure the length of the lines. Is this a good way to do it? Or do you have a better method?

Thanks a lot
I am getting ready for the next order.:biggrin:

The filter goes in-line between the tank and pump?
I am going to use a rope to measure the length of the lines. Is this a good way to do it? Or do you have a better method?

Filter goes between pump and nozzle.

Rope is fine.

Julio i got the lines and they look great.
Thanks again

i WAS going to install every thing today but with a Real feel of 16*F :mad:
i think i'll wait a few more days.

OK the "DIY" alcohol "KIT" is in

Now to the system
i have an adjustable pressure switch and its comming in at 5-6 psi. So i need to adjust it.
I also went through a gallon of washer fluid in 30 minutes, Is this normal?
Also when i walk into Home Depot/lowes or the paint shop, What exactly do i ask for? Name brand please not scientific name.
thanks Guys.

OK the "DIY" alcohol "KIT" is in

Now to the system
i have an adjustable pressure switch and its comming in at 5-6 psi. So i need to adjust it.
I also went through a gallon of washer fluid in 30 minutes, Is this normal?
Also when i walk into Home Depot/lowes or the paint shop, What exactly do i ask for? Name brand please not scientific name.
thanks Guys.

i get Denatured alcohol, says it right on the gallon can. home depot brand is SLX i believe. you could also go to a track that sells methanol and get it there for cheaper. hth

WOW 15.29 a gallon.:eek:

i hope it lasts longer then the gallon of wahser fluid i used up today.
Do you mix it with water?

no water, the pump likes 100% alky. Razor pump that is. you can find meth at a track for much less, like below 5$ i believe. a gallon normally last me a month or so as a daily driver

I Found locally
M1 @ 52.95 for 5 Gallons thats 10.59 a gallon
M3 @ 53.95 for 5 Gallons thats 10.79 a gallon
M5 @ 59.95 for 5 Gallons thats 11.99 a gallon

Are these good prices?
1-Which one do you use?
1A-Why?
2-Which one should I use?
2A-Why?

Price is a little high. But that depends on many factors.

M1 is what you want.

every thing in LI is expensive.
thanks Dude

i'll be calling you soon for the rest of the suff (Electronics)

BTW do you sell a heat shield for the tank.
my tank gets hot its about 5 inches from the Turbo :eek:

The Buick tank is inches away from the tank as well and there are no issues. You can make a blanket for it like what is used on a TTA tank.

No I dont make blankets or shields.