Germans are boycotting us

Captain Mark

I heard today that the Germans have pulled all American products off their shelves. I think we should do the same. How about we stop buying German cars. How fast would that screw up their economy!:mad:

I love my Sig Sauer P228, but I may have to go to a Smith & Wesson, or Colt!

Thats it, no more saur kraut on my hot dogs. I shoot a Beretta, and its a fine weapon as well. I heard the French are breaking 9/11 placques, and burning small effegies of the Statue of Liberty. ChIraq is already saying the US cant be in control of establishing the new government in Baghdad, rather the UN must be involved:rolleyes: France and Germany, what a couple of wonderful friends!

Aah, some companies have pulled American products, just like some American companies have pulled German or French products... I think it's more of a publicity thing so the anti-US / anti-war people of said countries will shop there.

France is licking their chops over the rebuilding of Iraq. They are fist in line to get their business people in there to make money. Baretta and Desert Eagle it is!:cool:

Yeah me too, I wish H&K would move their shop. Glock is in Austria.....ah that's the same thing.....oh well.

The Desert Eagle is a very fine weapon, but very pricey in most cases. I would love to have one, and will before too long. The Beretta is an Itallion gun, a very nice piece but more reasonably priced. It is a shame for HK and Sig, two excellant firearms producers.

You all don't need any of those Kraut pistols. Buy yourself a nice Kimber or Springfield Armory .45 auto, or if you can swing it a Les Baer .45 and never look back. :)

Isn't SIG Swiss? Or am I mistaken? I want to pick up a 2-tone P226 myself, very nice guns.

As far as Desert Eagles... I highly recommend them! I have a .44 mag Desert Eagle. I like to think of it as my "oversize novelty noisemaker" ;) It's a fun piece to shoot. Very smooth and quite tame (it was actually my first handgun) if you can get over the 4+ lb heft of the sucker. The weight tires me out first, it's really quite mild as far as recoil goes. Very accurate. Tends to draw a lot of attention at indoor ranges and also has the effect of pissing off anyone in the lanes right next to you :p

Here's a pic... I've added Trijicon night sites (the stockers were tough to see at my local indoor range because of mediocre lighting). I also have a Burris red dot I slap on it from time to time, but I'm having a hard time keeping it on the barrel as the recoil keeps wanting to walk it off. (I have the Mark VII without the cuts for the scope mounts so there isn't a real mechanical lock, just the friction of the clamps).

DE with scope

Gotta love toys. Unfortunately some of the stuff I want isn't obtainable here in CA.... doh! :rolleyes:

HEY! GUN NUTS.......TAKE A BREAK!

I just saw today on a news ticker that President Bush is personna non grata in Rio de Janeiro. Big loss, huh?

Anyway, I think we need to divorce ourselves of all these countries who masquerade as our allies. It is the United States who is the leader in the world. They only seek to bring us down to their level. They resent our superiority. They should be made to grovel their way back into our good graces at some time in the future, when WE see fit. :mad:

I haven't seen a boycott...

I've heard of this boycott of American products in very small numbers. Here, I've been to several stores and American products such as Coca-Cola, Hershey chocoalte and such are still here.

As far as not buying German cars and screwing up the economy here. Too late... it's already screwed up. BAD!!

The chancellor here has managed to let the unemployment rate rack up new highs every month. Currently at 11.4%. Furthermore, growth is non-existant here. The chancellor here was recently re-elected (I was not eligible to vote at the time) on an anti-war/anti-US rallying. Before he started this crap he was behind in the polls. Funny thing is now he managed to get re-elected and he immediately began to raise taxes.... How do you tax people if one in ten don't work!! Now the people here are realizing that their election choice has led them to nothing but an economy that continues to be the embarassment of Europe.

Just thought I'd bring you a little perspective of how the other half lives. Don't worry about any 'boycott' of American products.

OK.. back to the gun talk. :)

Re: I haven't seen a boycott...

Originally posted by gn85

The chancellor here has managed to let the unemployment rate rack up new highs every month. Currently at 11.4%. Furthermore, growth is non-existant here. The chancellor here was recently re-elected (I was not eligible to vote at the time) on an anti-war/anti-US rallying. Before he started this crap he was behind in the polls. Funny thing is now he managed to get re-elected and he immediately began to raise taxes.... How do you tax people if one in ten don't work!! Now the people here are realizing that their election choice has led them to nothing but an economy that continues to be the embarassment of Europe.

Just thought I'd bring you a little perspective of how the other half lives. Don't worry about any 'boycott' of American products.

Thanks for that insight. We are going by heresay over here right now. No wonder everyone is pissed over there. Bad economy can make people very unhappy. Maybe this is just a rallying point for the Germans, sounds like they need something to rally for. Too bad they chose this cause to get fired up about.

Do the German people ever comment on what a bunch of hoodlum scum Saddam and his Republican Guard are? Are the current attrocities making the news over there?

Re: Re: I haven't seen a boycott...

Originally posted by Captain Mark

Do the German people ever comment on what a bunch of hoodlum scum Saddam and his Republican Guard are? Are the current attrocities making the news over there?

I'M SURE THE ONLY ALLEDGED ATROCITIES THAT THEY HEAR ABOUT OVER IN EUROPE, ARE THE ONE'S THAT THEY ACCUSE THE UNITED STATES OF.