Gbody Parts

Lobsterbak

need more money
Any idea how to get ahold of them? Placed a $1k order and I put some wrong info in for my card...Cannot get Anne to call or email me back. Must be they don't need the business.

If only the site provided an email address to contact him, maybe under a tab labeled "contact us"...

No shit? You can use the email provided on his site and reach him? What a novel idea!? *sarcasm*

Sorry, but it gets old seeing guys come on here when they don't get immediate contact with someone and start talking crap about "guess they don't want business". Brian is running a pretty busy business and is always expanding, giving US more and more items for our cars. Annoys me to see "us" bash these vendors.

Brian always, ALWAYS responds right back when I have emailed him, and that has been dozens and dozens of times. Hell, he even sent me a part before I needed before making payment because I was on the road anc couldn't pay him right then. Part was shipped by him before I was able to pay him. He is a class act.

Sorry Squid & Mateo sometime these guys deserve bashing. Yes I did contact them over email and he did get back with me quickly over email, but it's been almost 3 months and I don't have my money back. Yes, I did have conversations with Kevin and Eric and they tried to tell me they tried to warn me the part would not fit even tho I ordered it over the web. The latest is that they will "hold the money" for me until I need more parts.

Been in business a long time, and would never do this to a customer.

Sorry Squid & Mateo sometime these guys deserve bashing. Yes I did contact them over email and he did get back with me quickly over email, but it's been almost 3 months and I don't have my money back. Yes, I did have conversations with Kevin and Eric and they tried to tell me they tried to warn me the part would not fit even tho I ordered it over the web. The latest is that they will "hold the money" for me until I need more parts.

Been in business a long time, and would never do this to a customer.

It just keeps getting better. The more I hear about Gbody the more disgusted I get.

If true, this one takes the cake. I bet your money is just on back order and you should receive it within 10 to 14 months.

All kidding aside just file a dispute with your CC company to get your money back and join the long list of people who've been screwed by them.

I wish that he would be banned from this sight and every other forum he's advertising on. There is no way in hell an honest buisness would tell you that they will hold your money and force you to buy parts from them.

I'm on the fence as whether to believe you but with all the posts on here about how people have waited for months for a part they have paid for and not received this is plausible but just unbelievable even for G-Body.

I hope for your sake if this is true and not just a misunderstanding between you and him that you have called your card company and filed a dispute.

If anyone that reads this thread buys anything from G-Body they deserve to lose their money. This thread amongst the many others like it show that more people get screwed by him than are satisfied.

I have no idea how or why some guys have bad experiences and others have perfect experiences... If you have had a bad one, that sucks and I am sorry. For me, I have dealt with Brian and gbody at least a dozen times in the past six months and every single time he has gotten right back to me, shipped my parts safely and quickly, and I had no problems. He's got a customer for life with me.

I have no idea how or why some guys have bad experiences and others have perfect experiences... If you have had a bad one, that sucks and I am sorry. For me, I have dealt with Brian and gbody at least a dozen times in the past six months and every single time he has gotten right back to me, shipped my parts safely and quickly, and I had no problems. He's got a customer for life with me.

Count yourself blessed. Not everyone has your luck.

Compeletely agree with you. I purchased my GN this year and I was new to this and started buying from gbody (Brian). He did not know who the hell I was. Asked a shit load of questions and he replied every single one. A month after all the questions I asked some more and still got help. I then have purchased from him numerous parts and he has never failed. As a matter a fact I purchased soemthing before him from a well known vendor and about two months passed by and I never received the part. I was told I would get it in two weeks not months. They finally gave me a refund but I cant crucify them for one mistake....

I had a few issues with them but Brian went above and beyond and made it right they take awhile to ship the stuff out but if your not pressed for time then your all good

Where there's smoke there's fire. And there's plenty of smoke around G Body Parts. I wouldnt order from them if they were the last vendor for our parts. Too many horror story's. If you can't pick up the phone and call and speak to a vendor you spend hundreds or thousands of dollars with then that's unnacceptable. I have never had a problem getting Kirban's on the phone and have even had them call me if a part is going to be delayed a day or two, nevertheless weeks or months. It really is a joke and should not be tolerated. If G Body is too busy then they need to hire more people or get out of the business.

Compeletely agree with you. I purchased my GN this year and I was new to this and started buying from gbody (Brian). He did not know who the hell I was. Asked a shit load of questions and he replied every single one. A month after all the questions I asked some more and still got help. I then have purchased from him numerous parts and he has never failed. As a matter a fact I purchased soemthing before him from a well known vendor and about two months passed by and I never received the part. I was told I would get it in two weeks not months. They finally gave me a refund but I cant crucify them for one mistake....

I was once just like you. My opinion of Gilbert mirrored yours to a 'T'. I'd heard the stories but my first hand experience with him was very different from the horror stories I'd heard....JUST LIKE YOU. If you don't know my story you can read the link in my sig. I was just like you in my opinion and trust of Gilbert Weaver.

I am well aware of that story, and it sucks for sure. Everyone has their experiences and opinion, and so far I have had nothing but good experience with gbody. It is what it is.

I was once just like you. My opinion of Gilbert mirrored yours to a 'T'. I'd heard the stories but my first hand experience with him was very different from the horror stories I'd heard....JUST LIKE YOU. If you don't know my story you can read the link in my sig. I was just like you in my opinion and trust of Gilbert Weaver.
GILBERT?o_OIs that his real name?

I am well aware of that story, and it sucks for sure. Everyone has their experiences and opinion, and so far I have had nothing but good experience with gbody. It is what it is.

I was JUST LIKE YOU when it happened to me. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to sway you or convince you of anything. I am warning you as a friend would warn a friend of a danger he has already faced.

GILBERT?o_OIs that his real name?

Yes. His real name is Gilbert Weaver.

I feel the urge to chime in. So I may get flamed, may be agreed with, may get in trouble....anyways so be it. I have worked with this guy hand in hand over the past 4 years consistently. He has a huge heart. His intentions are good. What he did to bring parts to the community none would have done. He did this for the love of the car as well as income to provide his future and for his family, rightfully so. He gave away samples over 100,000$ in value of NOS items. He could have sold all them in due time and make more profit, but he chose to team up with my company LKQ/Goodmark and dance with the "devil," his competition. He feels that with parts and his ability to connect with the turbo crowd that he will sell as equal as Goodmark, the restoration parts giant. Me looking out for my company as well as his benefit decided to make him a buying partner with competitive costing so he could keep profits up, so competition would be fair. You need to ask yourself would you save, and put up $250.000 in 3 months payable for parts you bought? Yes...when I speak with people about what I do, there is going to be a shit ton of new parts that hit the market in a few weeks, that he will need to sell, just to stay in business. NO OTHER VENDOR DID THIS. Most were asked, no one decided to team up. I like all the other vendors, dont get me wrong. Have ordered from them on many occasions and have great experiences. What I am saying is the guy took a risk, that many in this business would never do, and I have sometimes questioned why he would have ever decided to do this. His answer, for the love of the car.

Now for the cons about him. He is too busy. His employment pool is terrible. I had a similar occasion which an engine was supposed to be gone over by him personally. He told me that an engine (which I purchased from an individual close to home) was to be torn down specd, fixed, made right, if anything was incorrect was to be fixed. I asked to have the car ready for GM Nats in June, as there are many people that wanted to see the Goodmark test GN. He assured me it would be done. He could tear down an engine in an afternoon and assemble in a couple hours. There are way too many things that went wrong to list.....so in summary a Chevy mechanic did so much wrong and ruined so much resources of Brian's, and money and time on both sides, that he and I no longer speak over what my expectations were, parts and cars traded for value to offset labor and machine work. This was something that totally regret doing, and if hindsight was 20/20??

He is very confident and strongly will powered. One person said it best. He will give you the shirt off his back, but when it comes time to expect something from him, he is one sided and will tear you apart. He is an extremely knowledgeable person which has taught me priceless information which has benefited me well. I wish that he could have an opportunity to slow down, manage his time so he could fulfill some of his agreements and obligations. Even though I have an engine that is complete crap and have lost $ and time (as he had too) I wish no ill harm. Again he had best intentions. It all ended very badly because he likes to promise, and he doesn't have the resource to deliver on many occasions.

I am in no way making excuses in this paragraph. I am sharing with those out there to get a better explanation as to why some things seem and the reasoning behind it. Again, he and I don't speak primarily on my choice as I too, can be rather stubborn and there were heated conversations which did not go well. So dont feel like I am Mr. defendant. Just sharing an honest opinion so you can choose whom you you want to do business with.

The reason he no longer answers the phone is a decision that allows him to spend time doing all the manual work from painting interior PTM parts, stocking items, shipping items, ordering, etc. He spends 95% of his time putting out fires because no one has the work ethic or capability to do things correctly. To use the word overwhelmed, would be a good way of explaining. I hope he makes it through. I mostly get concerned about his health as I know the big one heart attack is not long away. One person can only take so much. What happens after this???? IDK...Maybe one should think twice about the entire package and the situations surrounding the atmosphere. Would you go out of business? Would you be overwhelmed too? Would you feel so far behind the "8" ball that there is no way out? What do you do? You are used to providing a future for you kids and family. Even if he sold out, no way the amount of living funds could be re-couped. He has taken on too much IMO.

What happened a couple years ago with the fire is tragic, I am glad a few selected parts were used in the build that I supplied, and I spoke with coach about interior options on the LS seats. I can easily see that there could have been a fire based on the amount of overwhelming "ness" that occurs...however you have to have insurance on your stuff....mine did. Blame needs to be placed on both sides IMO.

p.s. Making fun of a Man's name is childish. My father's name was Florian Chester. He was a WWII veteran and died last year a hero in my eyes. He was on the beach you watch movies about. He lived it. Gilbert was his grandfather's name with a similar background. Before making fun of peoples names consider being named and honored after your relatives, which were a hell of alot better generation that I am seeing today. Very shallow.

Again, just a little insight on what occurs at GBP.

Last edited:
I feel the urge to chime in. So I may get flamed, may be agreed with, may get in trouble....anyways so be it. I have worked with this guy hand in hand over the past 4 years consistently. He has a huge heart. His intentions are good. What he did to bring parts to the community none would have done. He did this for the love of the car as well as income to provide his future and for his family, rightfully so. He gave away samples over 100,000$ in value of NOS items. He could have sold all them in due time and make more profit, but he chose to team up with my company LKQ/Goodmark and dance with the "devil," his competition. He feels that with parts and his ability to connect with the turbo crowd that he will sell as equal as Goodmark, the restoration parts giant. Me looking out for my company as well as his benefit decided to make him a buying partner with competitive costing so he could keep profits up, so competition would be fair. You need to ask yourself would you save, and put up $250.000 in 3 months payable for parts you bought? Yes...when I speak with people about what I do, there is going to be a shit ton of new parts that hit the market in a few weeks, that he will need to sell, just to stay in business. NO OTHER VENDOR DID THIS. Most were asked, no one decided to team up. I like all the other vendors, dont get me wrong. Have ordered from them on many occasions and have great experiences. What I am saying is the guy took a risk, that many in this business would never do, and I have sometimes questioned why he would have ever decided to do this. His answer, for the love of the car.

Now for the cons about him. He is too busy. His employment pool is terrible. I had a similar occasion which an engine was supposed to be gone over by him personally. He told me that an engine (which I purchased from an individual close to home) was to be torn down specd, fixed, made right, if anything was incorrect was to be fixed. I asked to have the car ready for GM Nats in June, as there are many people that wanted to see the Goodmark test GN. He assured me it would be done. He could tear down an engine in an afternoon and assemble in a couple hours. There are way too many things that went wrong to list.....so in summary a Chevy mechanic did so much wrong and ruined so much resources of Brian's, and money and time on both sides, that he and I no longer speak over what my expectations were, parts and cars traded for value to offset labor and machine work. This was something that totally regret doing, and if hindsight was 20/20??

He is very confident and strongly will powered. One person said it best. He will give you the shirt off his back, but when it comes time to expect something from him, he is one sided and will tear you apart. He is an extremely knowledgeable person which has taught me priceless information which has benefited me well. I wish that he could have an opportunity to slow down, manage his time so he could fulfill some of his agreements and obligations. Even though I have an engine that is complete crap and have lost $ and time (as he had too) I wish no ill harm. Again he had best intentions. It all ended very badly because he likes to promise, and he doesn't have the resource to deliver on many occasions.

I am in no way making excuses in this paragraph. I am sharing with those out there to get a better explanation as to why some things seem and the reasoning behind it. Again, he and I don't speak primarily on my choice as I too, can be rather stubborn and there were heated conversations which did not go well. So dont feel like I am Mr. defendant. Just sharing an honest opinion so you can choose whom you you want to do business with.

The reason he no longer answers the phone is a decision that allows him to spend time doing all the manual work from painting interior PTM parts, stocking items, shipping items, ordering, etc. He spends 95% of his time putting out fires because no one has the work ethic or capability to do things correctly. To use the word overwhelmed, would be a good way of explaining. I hope he makes it through. I mostly get concerned about his health as I know the big one heart attack is not long away. One person can only take so much. What happens after this???? IDK...Maybe one should think twice about the entire package and the situations surrounding the atmosphere. Would you go out of business? Would you be overwhelmed too? Would you feel so far behind the "8" ball that there is no way out? What do you do? You are used to providing a future for you kids and family. Even if he sold out, no way the amount of living funds could be re-couped. He has taken on too much IMO.

What happened a couple years ago with the fire is tragic, I am glad a few selected parts were used in the build that I supplied, and I spoke with coach about interior options on the LS seats. I can easily see that there could have been a fire based on the amount of overwhelming "ness" that occurs...however you have to have insurance on your stuff....mine did. Blame needs to be placed on both sides IMO.

p.s. Making fun of a Man's name is childish. My father's name was Florian Chester. He was a WWII veteran and died last year a hero in my eyes. He was on the beach you watch movies about. He lived it. Gilbert was his grandfather's name with a similar background. Before making fun of peoples names consider being named and honored after your relatives, which were a hell of alot better generation that I am seeing today. Very shallow.

Again, just a little insight on what occurs at GBP.

I hope your 'childish' comment was not directed towards me. I've never made fun of his name. I simply refer to him by it. After reading your post and curbing my bias I will say that I agree with it almost 100%. Taken your experience with him as a customer not a business associate and the experience I had with him it is clear that there are better choices out there of who to give our business to as paying customers. And yes hindsight is 20/20 and can only be used to create 'what if' questions about what already occurred but my hindsight can serve as a warning to those following on the same path I walked.