Gallina/Duttweiller GN in BG update

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
The car problems have been cured as far as the engine, but on the first pass today it did not shift into third gear due to an actuator issue. :confused:

It did show it is up to full power and it ran a 7.42 @ 145.7 MPH in the 1/4, but the MPH at the 1/8th mile was 157.1 and the 60' was 1.037.

These numbers equate to a pass over 200 MPH! :eek:

They should make another pass within the hour, and I will have that info immediately after. :cool:

I hope someone gets it on video with something better than a cell phone.
That should be a wild ride!

Billy Chaffin has been driving, but unfortunately they are done for this event. :mad:

Checking the car for the next pass they found a pushrod problem again, so that ends this weeks activity with the car.

The next outing is planned for the PSCA event in Las Vegas next month.

When this car reaches its optimum performance, it should run faster than any turbo Buick V-6 ever, so stay tuned! :)

Billy Chaffin has been driving, but unfortunately they are done for this event. :mad:

Checking the car for the next pass they found a pushrod problem again, so that ends this weeks activity with the car.

The next outing is planned for the PSCA event in Las Vegas next month.

When this car reaches its optimum performance, it should run faster than any turbo Buick V-6 ever, so stay tuned! :)

Nick,

I thought there were the quickest and fastest already.
Not to mention dyno queen as well.

I don't get your sarcasm.

My thoughts were a stock headed single 88 turbo engine in one of the best Regal chassis ever built.

Not sure who went 199 Billy, I heard Don went 180, we felt it was possible for a TSO car to go that fast and heard Don made some MAJOR :eek: changes to his program recently so......... but I'm taking it there was issues with the MPH clocks at BG?

Major issue with the 1/4 mile speed clock - in the left lane only. Saw a 10.90 pass at 160MPH and a 9.69 @ 177 plus the 199.4 on the Dave Fiscuss pass.

Major issue with the 1/4 mile speed clock - in the left lane only. Saw a 10.90 pass at 160MPH and a 9.69 @ 177 plus the 199.4 on the Dave Fiscuss pass.

I got a PM from someone who claims Don only ran 137+ in the 660' on the 180 MPH pass. Sounds like something indeed is fishy with the lights there this weekend....